JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I doubt they know what their own IP's said. They had them written for them and were probably given a 30 second overview of what it "did." Chief petitioners who don't write their own stuff are only puppets.

It went further than that. I attended one of their training sessions. It was clear that a lot of people didn't know a thing about firearms. They were told things like:
  • Most of the ballot is very technical about what an 'assault weapon' is. You don't need to read that part to gather signatures.
  • This isn't about .22's, remind people it's about the big black rifles (brings up hands as if holding a 4" concrete pipe).
  • The technical parts might be hard to understand. We can debate the merits AFTER it is on the ballot.
  • Remind people this is about saving lives!
  • One person (maybe from our side?) brought up how to discuss about confiscation and banning if asked. That actually caused quite a bit of a murmur and head-turns among the attendees. The trainers didn't really answer it other than "just get their signatures, don't debate anyone just move on." and something about "gun prohibition to make Oregon safer" (yes, they used the word prohibition).
So yes; It is very believable the chief petitioners for IP43 were only too happy to be the faces, and didn't actually know what was in the ballot itself. Could be a point of public debate to call them out on it. Kemp/IP44 probably actually did know what was in his.

Was it constructive or a bubblegum-show not worth the price of your tickets (which were free)?

Honestly... I don't think it was very constructive and it was pretty disappointing. Don't get me wrong, Dominic did a fantastic job having been put on the defense right off the bat (I expected nothing less :)), but I really liked some of the questions asked by the moderator and I wish all parties had tried to answer more of them instead of debating each other. I'm not sure that was realistic though, given the panel members extreme oppositions to one another's standpoints. Again, I'm glad I went and it was pretty interesting, but not really what I was hoping for.

It went further than that. I attended one of their training sessions. It was clear that a lot of people didn't know a thing about firearms. They were told things like:
  • Most of the ballot is very technical about what an 'assault weapon' is. You don't need to read that part to gather signatures.
  • This isn't about .22's, remind people it's about the big black rifles (brings up hands as if holding a 4" concrete pipe).
  • The technical parts might be hard to understand. We can debate the merits AFTER it is on the ballot.
  • Remind people this is about saving lives!
  • One person (maybe from our side?) brought up how to discuss about confiscation and banning if asked. That actually caused quite a bit of a murmur and head-turns among the attendees. The trainers didn't really answer it other than "just get their signatures, don't debate anyone just move on." and something about "gun prohibition to make Oregon safer" (yes, they used the word prohibition).
So yes; It is very believable the chief petitioners for IP43 were only too happy to be the faces, and didn't actually know what was in the ballot itself. Could be a point of public debate to call them out on it. Kemp/IP44 probably actually did know what was in his.

thanks for going. This is how to get them. you catch them in a lie when they are collecting signatures. They arent going to prepare them any more for 2020. They will have the same training and they will be all too ready to answer questions from people who seam to be ready to sign the petition.

we will prepare are own training for those who will question the signature gatherers.

the good old reverend said he had 13 year olds ready to gather signatures to "learn the democratic process" I wonder if he will also pay for their legal defense when they are caught in a lie about the petition they are gathering for? I have no qualms about teaching a 13 year old it is illegal to lie about a petition that they are not even old enough to understand. A prosecutor probably wont take a case against them, but all their signatures will still be invalidated.

Excellent intelligence gathering @tiggers97

Honestly... I don't think it was very constructive and it was pretty disappointing. Don't get me wrong, Dominic did a fantastic job having been put on the defense right off the bat (I expected nothing less :)), but I really liked some of the questions asked by the moderator and I wish all parties had tried to answer more of them instead of debating each other. I'm not sure that was realistic though, given the panel members extreme oppositions to one another's standpoints. Again, I'm glad I went and it was pretty interesting, but not really what I was hoping for.

If everyone had the chance to answer each question they would have been outed .The anti's in the audience were really reaching to stir up some nonsense but it didn't work

This was the exact point I was going to bring up if able to ask my question. There were a bunch of moms demand action people there, and I do get where some of those women are coming from, but what about moms who are pro-gun. Did they take into account the hundreds, probably thousands of Oregon women who would be handicapped by their petitions when it came to defending their own children? I wish the woman who asked her question had been a little more specific, really drive home the point that bad guys are not limited to 10 rounds, why should she as a woman and law-abiding citizen be given a disadvantage when it comes to defending her own life. The focus on hunting was a little silly to me; let's hear from a woman who has used a pistol in a defensive situation (or man for that matter) and how their proposed legislation would have affected them.

They seem to avoid self defense with the exception of the female in the audience .Inviting a hunting advocate was probably staged to show hi cap mags are not needed. The moderator admitted she never new a AR could be used for hunting.

We did touch on self defense on a couple occasions, briefly. I mentioned crime rates, police response, number of CHLs, and Kemper brought up that gun purchases for defense use has surpassed hunting, but yes it was the minority of the conversation.

I had in my notes to discuss the number of defensive uses of firearms vs murders but, unfortunately, I missed the opportunity.

thanks for going. This is how to get them. you catch them in a lie when they are collecting signatures. They arent going to prepare them any more for 2020. They will have the same training and they will be all too ready to answer questions from people who seam to be ready to sign the petition.

we will prepare are own training for those who will question the signature gatherers.

the good old reverend said he had 13 year olds ready to gather signatures to "learn the democratic process" I wonder if he will also pay for their legal defense when they are caught in a lie about the petition they are gathering for? I have no qualms about teaching a 13 year old it is illegal to lie about a petition that they are not even old enough to understand. A prosecutor probably wont take a case against them, but all their signatures will still be invalidated.

Excellent intelligence gathering @tiggers97
They have to be 18 to gather signatures.

We did touch on self defense on a couple occasions, briefly. I mentioned crime rates, police response, number of CHLs, and Kemper brought up that gun purchases for defense use has surpassed hunting, but yes it was the minority of the conversation.

I had in my notes to discuss the number of defensive uses of firearms vs murders but, unfortunately, I missed the opportunity.

It was tough to just be there as an observer, I can't inagine how frustrating it must have been for you as a panelist. All agree you did a fantastic job and I thank you for accepting the invitation to be there and subjecting yourself to their non-sense in order for our voice to be heard. :)

Last Edited:

I liked the way you pointed out that robbery outside the metro area does not get reported in the media .The moderator agreed .You also pointed out the Usa is not the murder capital of the world .

(Mexico has 35% more homicide but less than half the population of the US.)I don't hear about it from the media

I agree that it was not as constructive as it could have been. Knutson and Kemp would avoid answering the questions and go off on some tangent. They even admitted that they knew that they were not answering the question, but thought that what they said was important to say. The moderator should have held their feet to the fire and made them answer the questions.

The comments that I saw during the debate were at least 90% supportive of Dominic and pro-gun. You couldn't see the comments because you were there - thank you for going by the way. If nothing else, it looks like there is a lot of pro-2nd Amendment/gun ownership support out there, especially considering it was shown on Facebook which is not normally friendly toward guns.

Last Edited:
In preparation, check out some interviews of Jordan Peterson by liberal commentators. He's very good at correcting them about putting words in his mouth and making assumptions about his positions.

Be sure to bring up the one common factor in nearly all mass shootings, the fact that most shooters SHOULD have been under in-patient treatment for their demonstrated mental illness, but that we don't have such facilities since they were closed in the 1970's. And coincidentally that's the time that mass shootings started happening.

In preparation, check out some interviews of Jordan Peterson by liberal commentators. He's very good at correcting them about putting words in his mouth and making assumptions about his positions.

Be sure to bring up the one common factor in nearly all mass shootings, the fact that most shooters SHOULD have been under in-patient treatment for their demonstrated
mental illness, but that we don't have such facilities since they were closed in the 1970's. And coincidentally that's the time that mass shootings started happening.

I don't converse with them anymore. Their completely dishonest and put words in people's mouths and go syco When called on it throwing gas on the fire they created.
Domenic 1did not give them the chance to put words in his mouth and you can bet they were just waiting for the opportunity.

Last Edited:
I could only watch the first 20 minutes. I can't/won't sit there for 2 hours and listen to people that have no idea what they are talking about. Dominic is the only reason that I wanted to watch and I already know where his heart is.

I had to watch it in parts, I finished the last 20 min today.

No clue, no f'ing clue what-so-ever, but lying about it like experts, knowing all those hunters and veterans, makes me what to puke.

I agree that it was not as constructive as it could have been. Knutson and Kemp would avoid answering the questions and go off on some tangent. They even admitted that they knew that they were not answering the question, but thought that what they said was important to say. The moderator should have held their feet to the fire and made them answer the questions.

Yeah, but it was all touchy, feely and kumbaya-ish so it was OK.

It was tough to just be there as an observer, I can't inagine how frustrating it must have been for you as a panelist. All agree you did a fantastic job and I thank you for accepting the invitation to be there and subjecting yourself to their non-sense in order for our voice to be heard. :)

Indeed. I couldn't have done either, I would have been overcome with the desire to choke certain people out.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top