JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
stop.jpg
Please, if you see something say something, whether you are psychotic, insecure, vindictive, sanctimonious, a certified busybody, or just a plain A$$, you must do something! You must report everything suspect or even just bothersome. Whether its true or not, or you have proof or not, even if it's your parents, that is not important.
We will decide if your information is worth pursuing, said the Führer to the children.

I saw a VA counselor... had no idea that his case notes would wind up in my VA Health Record... found out when I demanded a copy for my disability hearing... Vets should not assume that those sessions are confidential... they are NOT!! Now I'm screwed.

BTW my doctor wants me to take Halogen, Thalidomide, Lithograph, and USSRs... ya think I should have firearms?;)

If the prog notes where that bad, why the hell did you submit them for a disability hearing? The only way those notes would have been used is if you signed a release allowing them to be used or if you submitted them yourself. If your disability claim related to your mental health than of course your mental health records would be requested by the judge, but you still have to consent to have them released.

Your doctor obviously thinks you're a Soviet lightbulb with cancer if that's what he prescribed you lol.

In the councilors opinion.

My friend is a councilor, MS degree, is a mandatory reporter. HIPAA does not preclude her from calling the cops.

You are correct, the counselor's opinion matters. And as much as I wish it weren't true, politics can shape many counselors opinions. But one safe guard is that a counselor has to be prepared to defend all their decisions in court, should it come to that.

Your friend can call the cops, but she better have a good reason to do so, or she could be in serious trouble. Usually a Designated Mental Health Professional is the first call, unless the person is already being violent.

You are correct, the counselor's opinion matters. And as much as I wish it weren't true, politics can shape many counselors opinions. But one safe guard is that a counselor has to be prepared to defend all their decisions in court, should it come to that.

Your friend can call the cops, but she better have a good reason to do so, or she could be in serious trouble. Usually a Designated Mental Health Professional is the first call, unless the person is already being violent.

There is little to no downside for a Judge, LEO, Medical professional, Counselor or for most anyone applying to have someone else locked up (over a mental issue) for what is characterized as an......"I acted in the interest of SAFETY issue." That is of course.......assuming that correct procedure was followed. Then, LOL.....a slap on the wrist might be all one gets. If anything. But then, in a lot of cases, you'll never know what happened because, of "privacy issues."

+++++

Did you view the video mentioned in Post #10, "New Oregon Gun Confiscation Law!" (Note: 06:00)

"A person who knowingly files a false petition against another, is Guilt of a Class A misdemeanor."

Rrrrright......time will tell. So, watch the next video after that one. See the examples of what could happen afterwards.

+++++

Then, are you aware/familiar as to how a TRO is applied for and/or granted?

Let me just say that IMHO the system and even the process is "super simple." Most anyone (sometimes with a Victim Advocate's help and/or Govt Employees helping) can/will be able to petition the court. It's a check block form in Hawaii. Add a little story (express how YOU think that you're in danger) and sign.

"He gave me the stink eye, I felt threatened."

The petition is brought before a Judge and viola (most are granted that fast), you just got an ex-parte TRO. Mind you that sometimes.....the under lying reason could even be a dispute over dog poop between neighbors. But, hey.....acting in the name of SAFETY is the most important thing. Rrrright.

Once served on the person (guns or not, Police in HI did it for free).....well, kiss your guns good bye. So, the police came to your home to collect your guns. Registration is so wonderful, reasonable and common sense, right?

Sure, after the guns are confiscated, there is another hearing and you'll probably want to hire a lawyer for that. Judges, lawyers, and politicians like that.....you know.....to keep lawyers employed at $100 or more an hour. Ain't it wonderful?

OK, Ok, ok......maybe you fight the accusation(s), maybe you won't. Maybe, your lawyer will tell you to not contest. Because, the larger WAR (or custody hearing) is looming and you should "lose the battle, in order to win the war." Or, maybe it's because you don't have the money to fight. Wasn't one of the main reasons for the divorce because of money issues? BTW, forget about consolidating the cases. Remember, we're making lawyers richer. Ah......whatever. So, the reality is..........that the system can, is, and will be USED. And, there is little downside for those making false accusations. IMHO.

Aloha, Mark

PS....break up with an ex-whatever. Why not get a TRO? It's practically free or in some cases 100% free. That will surely F@#^ him/her up.

Last Edited:
If the prog notes where that bad, why the hell did you submit them for a disability hearing? The only way those notes would have been used is if you signed a release allowing them to be used or if you submitted them yourself. If your disability claim related to your mental health than of course your mental health records would be requested by the judge, but you still have to consent to have them released.

Your doctor obviously thinks you're a Soviet lightbulb with cancer if that's what he prescribed you lol.

I had no idea the progress notes were included at the time. I had ordered a copy of my VA Health Record thru the process. Lots of things I should have done differently. That's part of the problem. Additionally, I was represented by a national law firm that did nothing for me, had to do it all myself. I should have signed up with a local advocate who is known by the court. But shoulda/woulda/coulda don't do much for me.

Sorry, I wasn't prescribed that stuff... just a lame joke. :cool:

I had no idea the progress notes were included at the time. I had ordered a copy of my VA Health Record thru the process. Lots of things I should have done differently. That's part of the problem. Additionally, I was represented by a national law firm that did nothing for me, had to do it all myself. I should have signed up with a local advocate who is known by the court. But shoulda/woulda/coulda don't do much for me.

Sorry, I wasn't prescribed that stuff... just a lame joke. :cool:

I hear what you're saying. It really does pay to have an advocate on your side or even a counselor who is empathetic and willing to help. When people are in it for the money as opposed to helping people, that's where the system gets screwed up.

I got the lame joke and had to raise you an even lamer joke :cool:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads