JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Until we can get the lying BIASED news agencies to report actual news, we're screwed. 500 channels promoting gun control and Fox news reporting facts? Bloomberg billions going for gun control. Looks like the cold dead fingers is on the way...

Dan

I know more than one person in my neighborhood who would refuse to sign or vote for this initiative - several, including myself, would walk the person out of the neighborhood (I live on a private road) and tell them to not show their face here or be cited for trespassing.

Hypothetically speaking of coarse If a person was handed the ballot to sign with signatures of others on it .If they was to accidently destroy the petition would they get in trouble ? Is their a backup of the signatures?

I'd say we put together a sheet of talking points and have volunteers bring them to all the gun shops in Portland. We want the gun store owners to be telling their customers what they will lose out on if they dont fight this[/QUOTE said:
Therein lies the problem. The anti-gun/2nd amendment nuts don't visit/patronize gun shops! They have zero interest in your opinions, views or facts. They're slurping high dollar coffee at some screwball coffee shop and living their dream of a (whatever those nut-cases believe in). They want NOTHING to do with guns unless you save their raggedy old behinds with a gun and then chastise you for using a gun to save their raggedy old behinds. There's the DUH! moment for our educated & enlightened society because we couldn't/didn't spank our kids so we could pamper those poor babies and not hurt their feelings. Any of you have ANY idea how many people of my old age got their a** whipped but never killed anyone except in war?

Please do not use the term liberal or Democrate in the counter gun arguement. The people that are strong antigun advocates are "illiberal"; please research this political term. These are people who was to curtain civil rights and freedoms. They run incognito using terms as liberal or Democrate but they are not. They are far, far leftists that want to take away freedoms from Democrates as well. Democrat gun owners are out friends as are "liberals" that want civil rights, and freedoms, etc. Please see:

Illiberal democracy - Wikipedia

Calling and argue against these "illiberals" is a far superior moral position because it includes 31 % of independents and 22% of Democrates that are gun owners. You have to attack their arguement directly "Sure tragedy occurs but what you want is genocide!" There are countless examples of modern day genocide, curtailing freedom of speech; curtail religion, true liberals want "freedoms" and "civil rights" and the right for self-protection, not the reverse which is what illiberal want. Attack them emotionally with threat sensitive topics "You do not want women to protect themselves"; minorities should not have guns, religion does not exist but the bible advocates for self-protection.

There are about 35 threads on this with thousands of posts. The left is filing petitions and ballot measures in at least 4 states with the worst being here in Oregon. And what does everybody on here do ?? Snipe at each other like a bunch of bit*hey old ladies at the afternoon tea.

The left is fixing to kick our azzes hard and this is the best we can all do ?? They are so organized and so far ahead of where the 2A supporters need to be it will take a long time and a lot of money to even think there is a chance of stopping it.

Grow the f**h up and get together on this people. I got a check book ready to write some decent checks on this if I can feel something will get accomplished other than a bunch of sh*t slinging at each other.

Deerfield, Illinois, just banned assault weapons. The penalty? Up to $1,000 a day. - CNN

Hypothetically speaking of coarse If a person was handed the ballot to sign with signatures of others on it .If they was to accidently destroy the petition would they get in trouble ? Is their a backup of the signatures?

Destruction of personal property would probably get you a misdemeanor criminal mischief charge, or tampering with public records. Bad idea. Not a good way to support your position.

I had an idea. It might be kind of a stretch, but I thought I would throw it out there.

If "assault weapons" must be registered, I assume there will be a registration fee. That could be considered a tax on certain firearms.

Any ballot measure in Oregon that adds a new tax has a minimum threshold of voter turnout or it is invalid, regardless of whether it passes or fails.

Maybe a "educational campaign" to let the voters know how much it will cost the state to fight a charge of the proposed law unconstitutionality.

Iv'e seen them stumble into a country store that doubles as a gun shop .The expresson and shock on their face was priceless.the same goes for the Canadians. It is worth the time hanging out just to watch and hear the crazy comments.

Iv'e seen them stumble into a country store that doubles as a gun shop .The expresson and shock on their face was priceless.the same goes for the Canadians. It is worth the time hanging out just to watch and hear the crazy comments.
Please clarify... "Them stumble into a store...'"

That would be hilarious, the look on their faces as you tear up the petition with all those signatures on it, then close your door, and take the pieces with you.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads