JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
FWIW in Washington, here's the RCW (and section) outlining the law to interfere with a petition. Unk how Ore. works but I'd bet there's something there. & yes I know this doesn't apply to Ore. before I get 'corrected' as being off topic.
RCW 29A.84.250
Violations—Corrupt practices—Initiative, referendum petitions.
Every person is guilty of a gross misdemeanor who:
(1)....
(2)....
(3)....
(4) Interferes with or attempts to interfere with the right of any voter to sign or not to sign an initiative or referendum petition or with the right to vote for or against an initiative or referendum measure by threats, intimidation, or any other corrupt means or practice; or
(5)....
A gross misdemeanor under this section is punishable to the same extent as a gross misdemeanor that is punishable under RCW 9A.20.021.

(2) Gross misdemeanor. Every person convicted of a gross misdemeanor defined in Title 9A RCW shall be punished by imprisonment in the county jail for a maximum term fixed by the court of up to three hundred sixty-four days, or by a fine in an amount fixed by the court of not more than five thousand dollars, or by both such imprisonment and fine.

Second amendment summary for legal professionals but this sums up the Supreme Court Decisions as potentially applicable to Oregon madness. Please see paragraphs 1-5 and pass this information on to those that would be interested. Thanks.

Second Amendment - U.S. Constitution - FindLaw

Nice. Supreme Court precedence. Nice of the dumb azzes for trying, but until Oregon is done with it, nothing is for sure.

Just received this email from OFF on an informational meeting this Tuesday.

On Tuesday April 10th, Dan Laschober, candidate for House District 26, is hosting an informational meeting on Initiative petitions 43 and 44.

These are the gun confiscation ballot measure and the mandatory lock up measure. The meeting is from 7-8.30 PM at the Beaverton Masonic Lodge.

4690 Southwest Watson Avenue

Beaverton, OR

The event is free but due to limited space you will need to obtain a ticket which you can do here:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ip43-and-ip44-education-meeting-tickets-44900569813

Kevin Starrett of Oregon Firearms Federation and Derek LeBlanc of Lethal Lovebirds will explain what these measures do, what the ballot measure process is and what you can do to stand in the way of this outrageous attack on our Second Amendment rights.

Did anyone see this from Rep Bill Post? According to him, the 3,400 sponsorship signatures FAILED the verification! So they needed to turn in an additional 1,000 signatures, which they did. This has caused more delays for them, which is good for us.

Read more details below:

From his FB page yesterday:

Here is the latest on IP 43.

The deadline (per Oregon Law) for the Oregon Elections Division to validate the 3,400 sponsorship signatures the Petitioners turned in on March 26th was this past Friday (4/6). Those of us who signed up for email alerts should have received an email stating they validated the signatures on Friday. Yet, no email alert from the Oregon Elections Division? So I called them.

I was informed the signatures the petitioners turned in failed the State's sampling criteria so the Petitioners were told (last week) they needed to turn in an additional 1000 signatures which they did.

The revised date for the State to validate the new batch of signatures is April 16th. This is good news given the fact they lost another week in an already extremely tight Initiative qualification timeline.

The next step in the qualification process once the signatures are validated by April 16th the Attorney General then has three days to submit the "Proposed" Ballot Title, after which the public comment period opens. Those who signed up via the Oregon Elections Division website will receive an email when the public comment period opens.

With the added week delay the soonest the Petitioners can gather the 88,184 signatures to qualify for the November ballot is now May 24th (keep in mind they'll need far more than 88,000 due to those that will be "thrown out" for errors). That only gives them FIVE or so weeks to gather signatures by the July 6th deadline. So you can see why impeding their progress makes it almost impossible to gather enough signatures. That is why everyone needs to submit a ballot title objection...this will further add to the delay in gathering signatures!

Again I urge everyone to sign up to receive the Election Divisions email alerts and submit your Ballot Title objections during the public comment period.

Link to SOS office for email alerts: Oregon Secretary of State Dennis Richardson

Me too! We have to start the emails as soon as the ballot title is drafted, and we need to keep emailing them.

The ballot measure needs to have the word "registration" in the title.

Did anyone see this from Rep Bill Post? According to him, the 3,400 sponsorship signatures FAILED the verification! So they needed to turn in an additional 1,000 signatures, which they did. This has caused more delays for them, which is good for us.

Read more details below:

From his FB page yesterday:

Here is the latest on IP 43.

The deadline (per Oregon Law) for the Oregon Elections Division to validate the 3,400 sponsorship signatures the Petitioners turned in on March 26th was this past Friday (4/6). Those of us who signed up for email alerts should have received an email stating they validated the signatures on Friday. Yet, no email alert from the Oregon Elections Division? So I called them.

I was informed the signatures the petitioners turned in failed the State's sampling criteria so the Petitioners were told (last week) they needed to turn in an additional 1000 signatures which they did.

The revised date for the State to validate the new batch of signatures is April 16th. This is good news given the fact they lost another week in an already extremely tight Initiative qualification timeline.

The next step in the qualification process once the signatures are validated by April 16th the Attorney General then has three days to submit the "Proposed" Ballot Title, after which the public comment period opens. Those who signed up via the Oregon Elections Division website will receive an email when the public comment period opens.

With the added week delay the soonest the Petitioners can gather the 88,184 signatures to qualify for the November ballot is now May 24th (keep in mind they'll need far more than 88,000 due to those that will be "thrown out" for errors). That only gives them FIVE or so weeks to gather signatures by the July 6th deadline. So you can see why impeding their progress makes it almost impossible to gather enough signatures. That is why everyone needs to submit a ballot title objection...this will further add to the delay in gathering signatures!

Again I urge everyone to sign up to receive the Election Divisions email alerts and submit your Ballot Title objections during the public comment period.

Link to SOS office for email alerts: Oregon Secretary of State Dennis Richardson

Im starting to think 43 is the red herring while all the while 44 is the goal.

Can you ask Keven or Bill to ask the secretary of state about the lack of expense reporting? still not a single expense reported for 43. Someone should really call the SOS and ask why they have no expenses.
Oregon Secretary Of State

Meanwhile, 44 has over $50,000 already and has already paid a signature gathering company $15,000
Home

44 has some steam behind it.

Since they have paid signature gatherers, everyone needs to be vigilant. They have to wear a badge, they have to have background checks, they have to be using colored paper and they are not allowed to lie in the process of collecting signatures.

44 is what will make it to the ballot.

I think you may be right @bolus! It's sounding more like that's the case. These folks have bungled things a little too much, and the language is a little too far out there for an actual measure, and likely wouldn' make it to the voters, BUT, we still can't let our guard down, they could still sneak it through and that makes it worrisome!
Signed up for the alerts, though where I'm at righ now, prolly won' be able to do much good, but still would like to see the prosess and learn more about it! Our future is what's important, time we used the system to out advantage!:)

Seems like the signature gathering thing is just like kids taking test in high school these days.

"Did not get enough signatures ?? Oh you have 5 days to turn in 1,000 more so you can qualify. "

Tough f sh*t you did not get enough valid signatures. Your petition is denied, start all over again.

When my kids were in high school 13 plus years ago, they got to take tests several times until they passed. Them old bastard teachers I had would fail you if you got your comma in the wrong spot and not let you have do overs.

Just like all the online diploma mills. I actually had to go to a college, go to classes, and labs and show up for real tests. Not so much any more.

In an odd but laughable sequence and turn of events; during the last legislative session (at Baal's house in Salem), the Dems inadvertently voted against something that would have helped them with these two "works of art...", at this stage of the ballot measure process.

:s0140:

I won't go into specifics; Kevin at OFF can explain it better than I can.

Don't see how 44 can get any traction, it's allready been litigated by SCOTUS, how can a State defy a lawful and binding adjudicated finding by SCOTUS? Would that constitute a breach of feducerary duty? In fact, failing to uphold a lawful exective order by any state/ public employee would also fall under that finding? How about we move to proceedings against those traitors! Let' charge Gov'ness Kate and her Nazi cronies, set a president and go after the rest of the bloody bunch!

Please if anyone is going to a rally against 43/44 please leave the hardware home. The media will be looking for opportunity to scare their viewers with you hardware; please dress as if you are going to church. Thanks for thinking about this.

Im starting to think 43 is the red herring while all the while 44 is the goal.

Can you ask Keven or Bill to ask the secretary of state about the lack of expense reporting? still not a single expense reported for 43. Someone should really call the SOS and ask why they have no expenses.

Meanwhile, 44 has over $50,000 already and has already paid a signature gathering company $15,000
Home

44 has some steam behind it.

Since they have paid signature gatherers, everyone needs to be vigilant. They have to wear a badge, they have to have background checks, they have to be using colored paper and they are not allowed to lie in the process of collecting signatures.

44 is what will make it to the ballot.

Bloomberg ,money?

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads