JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
The "Ceasefire Oregon" facebook page posted info that they expect the Oregon Supreme Court to issue their opinion on IP43 today, the 27th, if that true then they will still have quite a few days to collect those signatures. I'm getting worried.

Check my newest thread.
If what You wrote is true then we're golden. I've been checking the local (liberal) news for the past few weeks and they basically stopped mentioning IP43 which was wired to me because I expected them to create a huge hype to motivate people to sign but I guess that they already knew that they lost...

Let's take a second or two to bask in the good news, but remember our Legislators still have an agenda and next February starts the Legislative cycle. We need to make sure they know we aren't just going to sit still and take it. If we get past that hurdle the sponsors of 43 and 44 will be back with lessons learned in

Remember who did the heavy lifting for us in challenging both these atrocities and keep sending them funds as you can. A little bit now and then adds up a lot. Even 5 bux to one of them each pay period now will make a huge difference when it's time to go back to war.

Agreed @3MTA3. The battlefield has now shifted to the 2018 election and the legislature. Brownstain has to go. And we need to vote out as many anti-freedom types in legislature as possible.

This is really great news. But we are not done yet.

As local and state news start rolling this out to the public, take a moment or two (or three) to leave comments.

Educate the public and let them know how unpopular the idea is while the spotlight is on it.

<broken link removed>

If there's any doubt in anybody's mind these "Torries" (look it up) are not going to counter en masse and fully armed (figuratively) will be surrendering their arms in 2020. We have a little time to get our own ducks in a row. The only way this insanity is going to stop is by replacing all of the anti 2A legislators in our State government. The Deplorables voted in 2016 and we're going to have to surface and vote here in Oregon in 2018. Our job,as I see it, is to facilitate that motivation and resolve.

could someone here post a list of candidates that are pro 2nd amendment?

Oregon elections, 2018 - Ballotpedia

this contains a list of the candidates coming up in the novemeber 2018 election period. if you click on each section (ie Governor) you'll see a list of candidates for each party.

From that the best bet is to research who you see fit for your party and their past votes/elections/stances and compare then make up your own roster for your november ballot.

So far we have a "pro gun" candidate Knute Buehler for the Repubs but is more of a moderate and with greater focus on students and finances, claims to be pro 2A but as i recall he got a bad grading from NRA/OFF (we had a thread on this during the primaries).

In the last month he has appeared on Lars Larson clarifying his 2A stance and the misconceptions of how he was associated in signing HB 4145 or the convicted stalkers losing guns over spousal abuse as he claims he sees it more of a domestic abuse case vs gun control.

I am however hoping this forum can make a dedicated candidate thread/tracker so we can get ahead of the curve with people we should be selecting out of balance (as folks have brought up before 2A is great but they also have other issues) as this would help everyone get a spoon feed of how to better save ourselves from another 4 years of Democratic rule under Kate Brown. I am sure there are fine Dem candidates out there they are just overshadowed and silenced by these quasi control freaks hell bent on wealthy backed agendas coming from out of state.

Furthering your request i'll make a list of the folks who won the 2018 Primaries for both parties:

Republican

District 1:

• John Verbeek Yes.png
District 2:

District 3:
None

District 4:

District 5:

Governor Elect:

The two Pivot counties are Tillamook and Columbia for Oregon.

Democrats

Governor Re-elect:

Senate District 11:

Peter Courtney Incumbent

Senate District 24:
Shemia Fagan

Senate District 32:
Tiffiny Mitchell

You can also see the State House here:
Oregon House of Representatives elections, 2018 - Ballotpedia

You can see the State Senate here:
Oregon State Senate elections, 2018 - Ballotpedia

You can see the Oregon Supreme Court here:
Oregon Supreme Court elections, 2018 - Ballotpedia

You can see the US State House here:
United States House of Representatives elections in Oregon, 2018 - Ballotpedia

Make note of the names and begin researching. These should all be on the 2018 General Election come November 6th 2018.

How do I register to vote in the State of Oregon???
Welcome to ORESTAR !

This is the online form to use to get registered in the state, check status of registry and I believe to change political party. We are also a vote by mail state if you so choose to do that

Oregon Secretary of State: Voting & Elections

Learn about voting in Oregon:
Oregon Secretary of State: Voting in Oregon

14px-Green_check_mark_transparent.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to finalize this thread:

2018 Initiative Petition #43 Withdrawn by Chief Petitioners
07/02/2018
1000px-seal-of-oregon-1-svg_crop.png
Secretary of State
Elections Division
oregonvotes.gov

Contact: [email protected] | 503-986-1518 | Toll Free 1-866-673-VOTE

Initiative Petition

On July 2, 2018 the chief petitioners withdrew Initiative Petition 2018-043.

Subject Provided by Chief Petitioners
Promote Public Safety for All Through the Reduction of Assault Weapons and Large Capacity Magazines

Chief Petitioners
Walter John Knutson 4526 NE 27th Ave Portland, OR 97211
Michael Z. Cahana 3139 SW Fairmount Blvd. Portland, OR 97239
Alcena E. Boozer 5256 NE 48th Ave. Portland, OR 97218

More information, including the text of the initiative, is contained in the IRR Database available at www.oregonvotes.gov.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads