JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Being retired now my morning commute stretches from the bed to my recliner with a quick stop in the kitchen for java.
Its daunting but some one has to do it.

There is the social engineering/PSYOPS aspect of being a gun loving Prius driver. I like the irony, even if it is based on stereotypes. My '98 Chevy Silverado Z71 is still blazing along, only 180k on an 18 year old truck. I get 13 miles a gallon!, but it takes me 5-6 months to put 3k miles on it for an oil change. Truck on Siskiyou Crest.JPG
And my truck's name is:
Łikunklo Hạshuk Mạlli
And no, I won't translate it for you!

My daily driver is a 2012 Prius...more than enough power.

That makes me so sad :( I've driven a Prius, and while it was more fun than I was expecting, it was definitely nowhere near enough power for me! My 2013 Ford Focus ST can get 30 on the highway and low 20's in town, but 250hp/270tq more than makes up for that!

If I had to commute more than the 2 miles daily that I do, I would consider a Subaru or Prius???

Depends on the commute - if it's highway miles a hybrid typically won't get the mileage of a 4 cyl economy car. If it's stop and go city traffic, though, that is where a hybrid shines.

That makes me so sad :( I've driven a Prius, and while it was more fun than I was expecting, it was definitely nowhere near enough power for me! My 2013 Ford Focus ST can get 30 on the highway and low 20's in town, but 250hp/270tq more than makes up for that!
I need enough power to pass trucks on steep hills or cruise I-5 at 72mph without winding the motor out. My Prius can do all that no problem. Any more than that is unnecessary for my style of driving, which can best be described as "zero accidents and zero tickets in 33 years."

Depends on the commute - if it's highway miles a hybrid typically won't get the mileage of a 4 cyl economy car. If it's stop and go city traffic, though, that is where a hybrid shines.
Not true. My Prius averages about 46 MPG on the freeway, which is better than any non-hybrid car that I am aware of.

The first time I drove a Prius was in 2006. It was an admin car but had a shotgun rack in it. Always made me laugh. I got in, wondered why there was a box instead of a keys, pushed 'Power' and I didnt hear it start. I pushed it again.....and again....and 20 more times. Then I leaned on the button and nothing. I guess doing that is like laying on the keys of a keyboard on a computer. It locked up the car and it had to be rebooted at the motorpool.

I was getting 40 a gallon with the boat anchor Iron DUke and 3 speed auto and extremely tall gear ratios and 13" tires in THIS.....

1983 Olds Cutlass Ciera 2 door.
Rumor had it that the Diesel and 5 speed version of these cars were able to get 50mpg on the highways...along with the Diesel VW Rabbit cars AND trucks.

Currently, I am averaging 30mpg combined with the blue econo suzuki.
for camping with multiple people, I use the bottom half of an 80s Sears X-cargo roof box lol.

I paid $300 for each of these two cars. Sold the Olds after its transmission munched itself for $275..... after having had it for 2 years and driving oh about 50K miles (86K to start with)
The Suzuki, bought from my brother, at 185K miles, and is now pushing 210k miles in 2.5 years.
things are falling apart on the Suzuki.... too many little problems now. I am however looking to replace the Suzuki with possibly another Suzuki (suv), or just a light truck or small SUV. Not interested in making payments lol. FWIW, there's quite an inflated sense of value of the Toyota trucks w high miles here... I get that they can last forever, but dayum I dont want a $4 grand truck with a quarter million miles already on it.
DSCN2681.JPG DSCN1766.JPG DSCN1899.JPG DSCN1900.JPG

If you are bigoted enough that you are going to disparage people who own a different car than you do, then one can only imagine what other sort of bigoted viewpoints are rattling around inside your head.

I mean honestly, do you go around in the real world calling people gay? If you are still in your teens, or maybe even in your early 20's, then I suppose that one could then excuse such behavior on immaturity on your part. Otherwise, you really need to seriously consider what a negative stereotype such behavior on your part does to the image of gun owners as a whole.

Not to mention for you to be posting junk like this on the very weekend that the gay victims of the Orlando massacre are being memorialized. At the very least, that is showing extremely poor taste on your part, to the point of being quite offensive.

Although I would argue that these posts by your are more than just being offensive.

Anyone know how much money in government subsidies it takes to get a Prius down to a price-point that you can afford it?? I try to keep government influence out of my life as much as possible, and buying a subsidized car would make me a hypocrite. I'll leave the Prius's, Tesla's, hybrids, inbreds, etc. to the folks that like that kind of thing.

Well we all have our opinions, and much like many here I spent 20 years defending someone's right to call a Prius gay and/or thrifty. Whether it's polite or not is not required by our constitution nor considered by much of our society today.

Driving does get mundane at times, but remember when you were 16? What a smile maker. When I drive my 1978 K20 Scottsdale and shift through all 3 forward speeds (minus the granny gear) I get a little of that smile back. Not fast, not sexy and I reckon it gets bad gas mileage but haven't ever checked. But what it does do is makes the drive just a bit more than a drive. It just feels good.

No, I don't drive it everyday, but the Suburban probably gets bad gas mileage too. I don't mind, we all get to choose our rides. For me the experience and privilege is worth every penny.

At the range I often bring my favorite model 19. To me it's the finest .357. I love the feel of the checkered wood grips, the balance, and the trigger of course. Contrasting is a carry SP-101 I have which after two cylinders of range .357 somehow finds itself back in the range bag. A useful tool, but not a smile maker.

I've ridden a Prius quite a few times and thought to myself how I would never consider driving one of these buzz-boxes. Seeing so many of them on the road I know I'm a minority of course. But then, like many of us, I already knew that.

Anyone know how much money in government subsidies it takes to get a Prius down to a price-point that you can afford it?? I try to keep government influence out of my life as much as possible, and buying a subsidized car would make me a hypocrite. I'll leave the Prius's, Tesla's, hybrids, inbreds, etc. to the folks that like that kind of thing.

Honestly, part of the reason I wanted to buy a Ford was because they didn't take the government bailout like GM and Chrysler did.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top