JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used to roll a 2003 VW Jetta TDI wagon. Definitely not tacticool. I had an oval sticker that said 1911 on the back window. One day while I was parking in the grocery store, a woman approached me and asked what 1911 referred to.

I said, "It's a type of handgun." She gets this delighted looking expression on her face, and says, "A type of Panda?" I answered, "No ma'am, a type of handgun." She looked so sad, and walked away.

I wound up taking the sticker off within a day or two. Felt like it gave me too much of the wrong kind of visibility. These days I drive an over-priced Toyota Tacoma 4x4. Still don't have any stickers on it though.

image.jpeg

When gasoline gets back to $3 or $4 a gallon, they will look far better. :)

Our current super low gas prices are not going to last much longer.

I used to think so too.
Then I read this:
Chicago Boyz » Blog Archive » Texas Fracking and the Death of Big Oil (http://chicagoboyz.net/archives/52633.html)
Quote from the article: "They are profitable at $50 a barrel for a new play and already fracked wells cover their costs at half that price"
I'll be buying a truck to replace my 30k miles/yr daily driver. Tired of having to compromise on what guns I bring shooting.

I went a slightly different direction, and picked up a Mini Cooper S. It's an amazing town car and runs like a scalded cat. Mileage kicks bubblegum compared to my 99 Durango. 90% of my driving is myself, or my wife and I in town. The Durango covers the rest.
To split the difference, we just picked up an Accord Crosstour, and I had great fun on the dirt roads in the coast range last weekend. I went out a couple of old logging spurs, and had zero trouble. It has stealthy high ground clearance, actual 4WD and good horsepower. It's also got almost as much room in the back as my Durango.
Other than the Durango, no one expects to see me pulling rifle cases out of those cars. I've gotten some good looks at Tri-County with the Cooper (and a Pelican 1750 will fit), and some good "You came up here in that!?" in the Honda.
I too like sleepers.

It looks like Kuntzman is never going to live down that absurd article he wrote for his handlers in the Ministry of Propaganda. The meme will go on forever... :D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top