JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK everyone just for the record. I will admit that one of my current vehicles is a Prius [gasp!]. However it is a "tactical" Prius. Whazzat you ask? It is a nondescript way of travelling around the big city and drawing no notice at all. Except for the NRA sticker on the back window it is completely stock with a few helpful mods. It's like the best concealed carry practice - unnoticed with no printing. It blends in with everyone else. "They" probably think I am just another quiet retired "anti" guy going to the store. Little do they know [cue fiendish laughter] I'm a life long card carrying red neck pro2A kind of guy. It is my urban camouflage ride. Besides, sometimes I only get 55 mpg. :) I do have to admit, however, that when I occasionally pull up to the Range driving it it does draw stares. But then they see me and say, "Oh, that's only Pops. Its cool."
A little true humor for a cloudy Saturday. Stay safe ya'll.

Thanks Pops1911 , I needed a good laugh! Coffee is just startin to kickin now, so its all good! I love my old beat up "tacticool" Jeep, it to is a hybrid, It burns gas, oil, and rubber, all at the same time!!! LOL Seriously, Most don't ever see it, It dosn't stand out or draw any attention, other then the Prius drivers panicking when they see it coming and are trying to get the hell out of the way in hopes of not being crushed or having loose parts suddenly fall off and take them out!

My daily driver is a 2012 Prius. Great car, very reliable, 50 MPG all day, plenty of leg and head room for me, more than enough power. Plus the seats fold down in back to make room for all my guns and gear. I also own a '96 F-250 4x4, which hauls firewood and prevents my Man Card from being revoked.

We get a few looks ourselves.
Our jeep Cherokee has two bumper stickers : one for the Peace Corp and the other is a Infantry guidon.
My wife did a stint in the Peace Corp and I served eight years and four combat tours in the Army.
Yep lots O' head scratching as us ... LOL
Andy

HA, I show up and NOBODY Notices! But, I get Valet parking right up front with the high rollers in the caddy's and the Bimmers! 1968_Jeep_Wagoneer_For_Sale_resize.jpg

Ah,it is nice to be among those who understand. LOL

On a serious note. Just got back from town and our semi-monthly stop at Walleyworld. As always I strolled through sporting goods and stopped and stared at COMPLETELY EMPTY ammo shelves! Nothing at all! Zip! Nada! 2 weeks ago they were all full. Funny to note that there were signs on all the empty cases stating "WalMart customers are limited to 2 boxes of ammo per day". Certainly not an issue today, thought I. Things just keep getting funnier and funnier out there.

Saw a Tesla Model X the other day. Nice, but a little too showy - until they become more popular they are certainly noticeable. Not much ground clearance, but then they are not an off-road vehicle.

I like my new BMW X1 for a daily driver. It too is not an off-road vehicle - doesn't have as much ground clearance as an SUV, but more than a Prius and I think more than the Tesla. I need AWD for my commuter. I can't get out of my driveway when it snows or there is freezing rain here on the mountain, much less up to the public road (almost put my 2WD bimmer in the ditch this last winter).

Daily mileage is only ~27MPG including city stop-n-go. Wish it was a diesel instead. But it is adequate and I will only need to commute another 4 years or so and then I retire. Maybe by then e-vehicles will have more range, be faster to recharge (including having the infrastructure) and cost less. Until then, I wouldn't get a purely electric vehicle, it would have to be a hybrid.

I might have bought one if they made them in AWD. Not sure why they don't.

If you want to get something similar to the Prius, but with AWD, the best option is the Subaru Impreza. The latest models get 37 mpg Highway and 28 mpg City. While not as good as a Prius, those are still very good numbers. And it is available as a nice 5 door hatchback. Plus it is more affordable.

Subaru Impreza | 2016 Impreza Overview | Official Site (http://www.subaru.com/vehicles/impreza/index.html)

It is really quite an awesome vehicle:

2016_Subaru_Impreza_20i_PZEV_4dr_Hatchback_AWD_20L_4cyl_5M_6964212.jpg

And if you want something with some decent ground clearance for driving out in the country, the Subaru Crosstrek is just the answer. It is just a little more expensive, and does not get quite as good of mileage as the Impreza. But it can go places that a Prius and Impreza can't.

2016_subaru_xvcrosstrek_f34_fe_216161_717.jpg

2016-Subaru-XV-Crosstrek-Special-Edition.jpg

2016-Subaru-XV-Crosstrek-Rear-Side.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR