JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I considered various Subarus (especially the Forrester, but also the Imprezas), but I don't care for the Boxer engine and unfortunately most of them now come with the CVT transmissions which I also don't care for (it was hard to find one without the CVT)

My BMW X1 is sporty, has an 8 speed transmission with paddle shifters, handles better than my 325ci did, gets about the same mileage as my car did, has AWD and has enough ground clearance to deal with the limited snow we get.

If I need something more capable with more ground clearance, I have two 4x4 trucks. They just don't get good mileage and are not comfortable to drive daily so I rarely use them off the property.

vosmyx.jpg
10610615_304165196445019_7442497863557028428_n.jpg

If you are into preparedness think of the Prius as a self propelled 12VDC generation plant. Add some HAM and other portable comms gear and you have a portable radio shack.

I actually wanted a Primus several years ago mainly because I enjoy a frugal lifestyle. Last year my wife and I settled with a Subaru hybrid and love it. To the OP, this thread is worthless without pics.

My daily driver is a 2012 Prius. Great car, very reliable, 50 MPG all day, plenty of leg and head room for me, more than enough power. Plus the seats fold down in back to make room for all my guns and gear. I also own a '96 F-250 4x4, which hauls firewood and prevents my Man Card from being revoked.

All I can say is that my 2007 Prius is by far the best vehicle that I have ever owned regarding reliability, maintenance, and driving experience.

After 9 years and 5 months, I am still getting 38 mpg in city driving, and 44 mpg on the highway.

The car is worthless on dirt roads or off-road, though, due to its low ground clearance. So a person really needs to have a second vehicle for that usage, like you do.

I've had zero problems with my Prius, despite owning it for nearly 10 years. I've had to do nothing beyond normal regular maintenance. It did come with subpar quality tires that I replaced at 20,000 miles. But other than that, maintenance has been totally uneventful.

My Prius still looks like it did the day that I brought it home:

prius_mine.jpg

That's why taxi's have mostly switched over to using Prius and Prius V, good mpg and solid reliability. Having worked for Toyota before, I can attest to how reliable these things are, seen taxi prius's (prii?) come in for service with over 400k, even saw one with 500k on it. Motors/trans are durable, the battery packs are dirt cheap for a reman($1500).

Just think of it as the cool kid Tacoma's ugly, nerdy little distant cousin.

Reminds me of when I rolled out to the range with @MountainBear in my Geo and he asked if I got in it or put it on....

I dress like I should live in section 8 housing.

Hide in plain sight.

I'm surprised that a prius with an NRA sticker didn't cause liberal's heads to explode.

I will say most of the service calls I took from them were not so bright portlanders that road their bikes a lot. Just like any other battery, when unused it will die.
Hearing about a 3yr old car that the owner had to spend $8Gs to replace the batteries on was actually funny to me.
And of course the warranty just ran out

I am secure enough in my manhood and sense of self that I buy the car that best meets my needs rather than worrying about how it makes me look to others. That car is currently a 2012 Prius. Using it as a daily driver keeps the miles from accumulating on my 96 F-250 4x4, which I like but only choose to drive when I need a truck. My truck only has 130K miles on it, I drive it less than 3,000 miles per year, so it may very well last me the rest of my life. The money I save on a new truck payment will buy lots of guns and ammo.

There seems to be a tad bit of insecurity here, "Your car isn't manly enough"..seems like a high school parking lot meetup :rolleyes:...use whatever works for you.

I'm surprised that a prius with an NRA sticker didn't cause liberal's heads to explode.

I will say most of the service calls I took from them were not so bright portlanders that road their bikes a lot. Just like any other battery, when unused it will die.
Hearing about a 3yr old car that the owner had to spend $8Gs to replace the batteries on was actually funny to me.
And of course the warranty just ran out
All new Priuses come with a 10 year, 120K mile factory warranty on the battery pack. And aftermarket/replacement batteries can be had for 2 grand or so. There is a reason that a lot of taxi companies have started using Priuses. They are durable cars and cost-effective to maintain. You can hate on them all you want and make fun of me and everyone else who drives them but facts are facts.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews