JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I've never been to Israel. Many people that I know that have comment on how small it is. Just an observation, but given how everyone has to do military service (3yrs?), I am surprised how calm the unaffected area seems to be. Business as usual.

I would think more military aged people would be headed to the conflict zones. Maybe they are and its not being covered. Also, many US corporations have branches in Israel with US workers in corporate housing. If they are injured, kidnapped or killed, what is America's response?

I believe in the long run they miscalculated very badly as the appalling nature of the attack is going to make the otherwise internal and external restraints that would normally apply to military actions by Israel fall away. There will be an ugly bill to be paid and they will not garner sympathy from it like they calculated.
Surprise or not, limited success or not - this ^^^

Israel has significant military resources, and now has the political clout (both internal and external) to respond with a heavy hand, and undoubtably will. I doubt that there will be few outside Israel who will advise them to exercise restraint, and even fewer who will expect it of them.

Most Israeli households having small arms similar to the Swiss doesn't seem to be correct. By a long ways:

"...Recent figures published by the National Security Ministry indicate that barely 150,000 Israelis have a personal gun license, or some 2.6% percent of the entire adult population (15-64). ..."

From: https://www.algemeiner.com/2023/02/...el-how-strict-are-the-jewish-states-gun-laws/

Written FEBRUARY 27, 2023

However also noted in the article, those that are armed & do carry, have stopped multiple mass killings.

Edit, adding: firearms laws are also rather restrictive according to the article. "May issue", meaning folks need to have justification & also pass criteria. No rifles etc.

So seemingly it would be easy to assume Israelis are armed to the teeth, It's apparently quite the opposite. Unfortunately.
Roughly 30% of Israeli citizens are also Muslims. Since all citizens have equal rights, it might make it difficult to justify arming all citizens. Not stating an opinion, just pointing out the reality they live under.

I've never been to Israel. Many people that I know that have comment on how small it is. Just an observation, but given how everyone has to do military service (3yrs?), I am surprised how calm the unaffected area seems to be. Business as usual.

I would think more military aged people would be headed to the conflict zones. Maybe they are and its not being covered. Also, many US corporations have branches in Israel with US workers in corporate housing. If they are injured, kidnapped or killed, what is America's response?
Call ups are beginning:

I woke up this morning listening to someone on the radio saying the current situation is like our 9/11 complicated further by the enemy taking 2000 hostages and removing them back into non combatant civilian neighborhoods.

Iran's newly funded $6,000,000,000 spending spree can buy a lot of chaos, misery and death.

3,800,000 unvetted illegal aliens across our southern border since 01/2021.....add another 1,000,000 (?) "got aways".....

Last Edited:
Of course it could happen here....
I've watched Invasion U.S.A before...:D

In any event..America has been invaded before...War of 1812 comes to mind...
America has also suffered from terrorist attacks ( both foreign and domestic ) as well...
So yes , it could and has happened here....this should not be a surprise or a what if...or could it happen....
Every nation has threats to its security and well being.

As for me....
I ain't too overly worried here...the Israel and Palestine conflict has gone on for ages...not much I can do about it.
However...
I can be aware of my surroundings....and take everyday precautions to keep myself , family and friends safe.
Andy

I woke up this morning listening to someone on the radio saying the current situation is like our 9/11 complicated further by the enemy taking 2000 hostages and removing them back into non combatant civilian neighborhoods.

Iran's newly funded $6,000,000,000 spending spree can buy a lot of chaos, misery and death.

3,800,000 unvetted illegal aliens across our southern border since 01/2021.....add another 1,000,000 (?) "got aways".....
There have been record numbers this year captured on our southern border who were on the terrorist watch list …and the got aways? Who knows

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top