JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Or a 9mm single-stack from a reliable manufacturer (no Hi-Point, Taurus or Kel-Tek) than can fit in a box this size:

Length: 6.5 in
Width: 1.0 in
Height: 5.0 in

and have the following features:

Trigger: DA/SA
Barrel Length: 3.0 in or longer
Magazine Capacity: 6 or 7 rounds
Sights: adjustable white 3-dot
Weight with empty magazine: less than 20 oz
Weight Loaded (1+7 rd magazine): less than 24 oz

A Loaded Chamber Indicator would be nice too.

The sweet vehicle for this would be a modernized Colt 1903 in stainless. One of those in 9mm would fit your specs perfectly. I could see everyone who currently makes a Colt 1911 based pistol making these too. The Colt 1903 is a sweet carry gun, but is a little anemic in .32 ACP.

Uh, Zeke, I thought the Model M was single-action... just that its hammer mechanism is completely enshrouded in the slide. ISTR that one of the bespoke smiths once built a kind of Model M/1911 hybrid, and that either Charlie Petty or Patrick Sweeney wrote it up for one of the mags...

Biggest thing I don't like about the Model M, though I've never had a chance to fire one, is the Eurostyle heel mag-release. Up-bore it to a 9mm NATO or .40S&W and redesign it to take Officers' Model mags with a 1911-style mag-catch and it might make a pretty decent backup/concealment iron...

Heck, why not a variant in 7.62 Tokarev? (Don't remind anybody that full-power Tokarev CAN supposedly go through a vest with the right load... LOL)

If you want a single stack sub compact glock look at the Diamondback DB9. It's strike fired and looks like a glock inside and almost completely out. I love mine, shoots like a champ!

A gun I wish they would make is a 357/22, like the old .44 carbines ruger used to make. 20 rd magazine fed semi auto in 357 would be super sweet. I'd buy one today...

That, and more rifles in pistol calibers that take the magazines from corresponding handguns. Camp 45 anyone? Make it again to take Glock 17 mags! I know, they make high dollar AR's and Kel tec Sub 2k's, but I can't find a kel tec and I can't afford the AR silliness.

Uh, Zeke, I thought the Model M was single-action... just that its hammer mechanism is completely enshrouded in the slide. ISTR that one of the bespoke smiths once built a kind of Model M/1911 hybrid, and that either Charlie Petty or Patrick Sweeney wrote it up for one of the mags...

Biggest thing I don't like about the Model M, though I've never had a chance to fire one, is the Eurostyle heel mag-release. Up-bore it to a 9mm NATO or .40S&W and redesign it to take Officers' Model mags with a 1911-style mag-catch and it might make a pretty decent backup/concealment iron...

I own a Type I Model M Colt, and the SA/DA thing is really irrelevant. I'm not sure what advantage there is to DA in a semi-auto. With the Model M, if you carry one in the chamber there will always be one there next time you pull the trigger.

I'm talking an updated design, which presumably could include a button-released mag in place of the mag release on the heel.

I own a Type I Model M Colt, and the SA/DA thing is really irrelevant. I'm not sure what advantage there is to DA in a semi-auto. With the Model M, if you carry one in the chamber there will always be one there next time you pull the trigger...

In the rare event that you get a FTF it gives you a second try on that round a lot faster than you can rack the slide.

Sent from a phone; typos likely

...I'm not sure what advantage there is to DA in a semi-auto. With the Model M, if you carry one in the chamber there will always be one there next time you pull the trigger...

In the rare event that you get a FTF it gives you a second try on that round a lot faster than you can rack the slide.

Sent from a phone; typos likely

.25acp keltec
10mm broomhandle
S&Ws with no lock
SxS howdah in .44 or .500mag
le mat style revolver for smokeless powder(.357 and .410?)

I also wish someone would start reproducing rare, early semi-auto pistols; borchardt, steyr mannlichers, campo giro, bayard Bergmann, kolibri, etc. For what some of those original guns go for, it seems like there'd be at least some kind of market for affordable reproductions.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top