Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

If I could ask for a new pistol to be brought to market.

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Mark W., Jul 2, 2013.

1. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

SO I got to thinking what pistol would I like to see come to market. Now there's plenty enough different pistols on the market now and that have been in the market place to fill every conceivable need.

But if I could ask Remington to please market a Commander frame sized 4-4.25" barrel R1 1911 in .45ACP, .40SW and 9mm with a 7rd 8rd and 10rd mag capacity that looked just like the std. R1's little brother I would have to have one. Most likely in .40SW

And I would have the same work done to it as the previous owner of my R1 had done. Wilson combat hammer, Lt. wt. comp trigger and drop in Beavertail. With a super slick action job.

2. RBid

RBid Wilsonville, OR Well-Known Member

Mine is easier.

I wish Caracal would get their bubblegum together, and work out reliable U.S. distribution. Oh, and I wish they would make a lot of mags. "A lot" used here to mean, "enough for me to get a dozen with little trouble." The Caracal C is about as close to perfect as any pistol out there.

206thsense and (deleted member) like this.
  3. replicant

replicant Maple Valley Active Member

Sig to make a P226/229 in 10mm

gunmenu, myotic, Nomad1911 and 5 others like this.
  4. joken

joken Corvallis Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Ding, Ding, we have a winner! I want one too.

1 person likes this.
  5. 2Wheels4Ever

2Wheels4Ever Central Oregon Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

I would really like manufacturers to make a lever that somehow has the possibility to take .22 lr, l, s, and magnum as well.

Mathmattx and (deleted member) like this.
  6. rawen2

rawen2 Portland Area Active Member

I'd like to see Ruger make thier SR1911 in 9mm.

7. Solomon

Solomon Vancouver Active Member

HK45 in 10mm
    PPQ in 357 Sig

8. ArgyleAdams

ArgyleAdams Portland, OR Active Member

Glock 9mm subcompact single-stack.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

9. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

That's a great idea.

10. The Courier

The Courier Newberg, Oregon Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a 12 gauge three shot revolver, specificly for slugs. Sure it wouldn't be practical but it would fun to take it out once in awhile provided that it had a compensater.

11. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Wish the BATF would have "let" taurus's raging bull 28g pistol come to market.
    Aside from that, Id like to see a 17hmr pistol (there may be some out there but Ive yet to see one)

12. Glockman19

Glockman19 Hillsboro Active Member

I saw a 6 or 8 shot revolver with about a 8-9" barrel at Willamette valley arms. It was cool but way to big and very heavy for what I would want it for. Rare but they are out there.

13. BAMCIS

BAMCIS Eugene Well-Known Member

I bet a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range shrunk down into something that can be carry concealed would sell like hotcakes.

phasedplasma_zpsa80855b3.jpg

14. unklekippy

unklekippy In The Mountains Near Sprague River Well-Known Member

For Ruger to completely open up their 1911 platform(calibers, sizes, colors, glow-in-the-dark, whatever)
    For Ruger to release more No.1's and 77's in .35 Whelen, .358 Win., 6.5x55 Swede, 7x57, .300 H&H and other "old" cartridges.
    An S&W Classics line that does not have the lock. The re-released 586 was a disappointment only because of that. I can live with MIM pieces.
    More 10mm in general. I am done with 9mm. My "little guns" will be in .40 from now on.
    A new Browning A5 designed specifically for buckshot with a standard 20 round magazine and 60 round drums. Charley Askins would be proud.

I would very much like to see Colt's, S&W and Ruger honor lawmen and gunmen of the 20th century. A Colt New Service in .38 Spl. for the previously mentioned Askins, A custom Ruger Blackhawk in .44 Spl.(A Colt's New Frontier would work as well) for Skeeter Skelton. A S&W 19 for Bill Jordan. A 1911 for Jeff Cooper. A S&W 29 for Elmer Keith. A S&W .38-.44 for Ed McGivern. The list can go on(a .300 Win. Mag for Lon Horiuchi? Maybe not.) forever.

I am a total sucker for my 20th century gun heroes. I almost dropped $3,000 on a Joe Foss 1911! Bill Jordan's 22-250 can be had on GB for $7,000!

For me, this new bubblegum has nothing on 50-100 year old guns. Why would I need a black rifle when I have a Winchester SL in .351? I was born too late.

15. lazerblazer

lazerblazer Portland Active Member

I'd love to see a Hi-Point 1911 :bluelaugh:

16. Mathmattx

Mathmattx Ellensburg Active Member

What a great thread and GREAT responses....was fun to read and dream....thanks gentlemen!

17. RBid

RBid Wilsonville, OR Well-Known Member

I think most of us can agree on this one. I'm of the opinion that 10mm is best suited for wildnerness activities and hunting, but I think a good Sig launcher for the round would be awesome.

18. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Beaverton, OR Active Member

There are some .17HMR revolvers out there, but that's about all you'll ever see. The .17HMR isn't safe to use in any kind of semi-auto configuration (there were a couple semi-auto .17HMR pistols when the round first came out, but they were quickly recalled and disconinued and Hornaday states that it's only suitable for single-shot applications now), so a revolver is about all there is. I'd like one as well to add to my bug-out bag. I can carry a lot of .17HMR easily (usually easier to find in the store than .22LR too), and share it between my rifle and psitol. Nice accurate round too, I'm a fan!

19. ogre

ogre Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Shucks I would be satisfied if Ruger would start remaking it's Old Army model.

20. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

What ever happened to that little Doubletapp? For now I have to make due with two that are welded together and all stainless. It's a four barrel. not a two barrel over under like the new Double tap design. I would love one [a COP 357] made with a scandium frame and titanium barrel section. Or sleeved with stainless if need be. Kind of constructed like the S&W j-frame revolvers. My all stainless gun is heavy. About 25 oz. I would guess.
    But I do prefer the fact that the COP is made in 357! Not 45acp. Given any choice a 10mm would be awesome!