JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey sorry to bother you guys, I recently went to a shop in Minnesota to have my suppressor sights fitted in because my springfield was too difficult to work on my own. After the fact I too my slide off to find a bunch of chips in it. Keep in mind this gun is brand new and never shot before are these something that could've been caused by the gunsmith?

16997538818552062432376360773915.jpg 16997539411892864958522747364831.jpg 16997539553263425559627365993155.jpg

welcome to the forums! What he meant by fixture block is the thing that he used to hold the slide still while installing the sights so a vise with blocks on it ect

Hey sorry to bother you guys, I recently went to a shop in Minnesota to have my suppressor sights fitted in because my springfield was too difficult to work on my own. After the fact I too my slide off to find a bunch of chips in it. Keep in mind this gun is brand new and never shot before are these something that could've been caused by the gunsmith?

View attachment 1760708 View attachment 1760709 View attachment 1760710

Could you circle these so called chips?

Is that slide cerakoted?

Those just mysteriously spontaneously materialize for no reason.

Can you elaborate

Hello and welcome!
I'm no gunsmith, but if I had to guess, it was probably clamped down on a workbench and the cerakote finished cracked and flaked off from the pressure while being worked on. I'm not a fan of those finishes. Did it come from the factory with the finish or was it done custom after? Maybe ask in the maintenance and gunsmithing section here
Best of luck!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top