JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a question regarding IDPA:
We have numerous members in our rifle and pistol club who have no interest in shooting above our club level, nor do they have any interest in becoming IDPA members. We do have several people who are members of IDPA and want their scores sent to the national office,

According to the rule book our club can lose its affiliation if we, "The Unwashed," are allowed to shoot with IDPA members in these matches.

How does you club handle this situation?

Sheldon

I'm the new IDPA AC for the state of Oregon. Please contact me through our website at www.tc-idpa.org

I'd like to discuss this with you.

Shaun

You cannot handle a gun in the parking area - so if you conceal carry you have to move the firearm to your safe storage box before getting to the range ~ reverse when leaving.

Shaun will be your RO if you are a new shooter. In the new shooter briefing he addresses this. You can carry your concealed weapon on you to a match. However, when you reach the parking lot you are to report directly to an RO and notify them that you have a concealed weapon on you. The RO will take you to a safe area and allow you to unload and bag your firearm. You will reverse the procedure on your way out.

June 8th - 2nd Sunday - which is IDPA at Tri County match day ....

Only this match is for: Pistol Caliber Carbines.

All you need to know at: http://tc-idpa.org/

For those of you who skipped last saturday's IDPA match, what were you thinking? It could not have been a more perfect day to shoot. We had like 3 people who were signed up but didn't show on my squad.

IDPA @ Tri-County 2015

"For 2015, all of our matches will be on the first Saturday of the month. We had many shooters ask for the change and we worked with our host range to make it happen."

Specific schedule and other information at the web page
http://tc-idpa.org/

We are expecting a new IDPA rules book in 2015
- check @ idpa.com

As this thread is over 9 pages -
Tri-County is near Tualitin, OR and can be accessed easily from I-5 a few minutes south of Portland,
Tualitin-Sherwood road, One Exit north of the I-205 interchange. Directions / Map on the web page.

Cost to shoot is reasonable -
Typically there are 6 stages for about 100 rounds. Bring extra or don't miss :)
Plan about 6 hours - 8am to 2-ish.
Volunteer to set up or tear down, or both
Yes, you do have to join IDPA to shoot - you can try out one (1) match before making that commitment.
If you have not shot IDPA at Tri-County before (in the past year or so) please show up for the shooter briefing - 8am sharp!

You DO NOT have to be a member of Tri-County. If you are not, then you need a gate code - email the contacts on the web page.

There are TriCounty rules you need to follow. They are on the web page as well.

Questions? -
Use the Contact link on the web page http://tc-idpa.org/

Day before Easter and we had a good turn out. 11 shooters on my squad so about 50 overall.

If you carry concealed, you need to be shooting IDPA.

I heard a rumor that May 30 will be a classifier at TC. Don't hold me to that, please check with Shaun.

<broken link removed>
http://tc-idpa.org/

I just competed in my Second IDPA match - it was at TCGC where Im a new member.

My first match I was DQd due to "Muzzle slopiness" :(

I completed the Match on the 2nd try and had a blast. Plan on being there at all future matches.

Great group of folks and well run club.

Jaxon

Bumping this thread, I've never shot in any sort of competitive atmosphere and was interested in trying out IDPA. How exactly does it work; say in a string of fire it's 2-2-2 on three different targets, do you just shoot two per target and if you miss, tough luck? Or shoot until you hit twice? I've been sifting through forums and watching YouTube videos to try and get a feel for it but I'm still confused.

I do plan on trying to drag my neighbor to the July 4th competition, would be nice to have another newbie there that I know.

How exactly does it work; say in a string of fire it's 2-2-2 on three different targets, do you just shoot two per target and if you miss, tough luck? Or shoot until you hit twice?

It depends on the Course of Fire. Some COF are Limited, you can only shoot the specified number of shots, and some are Unlimited, shoot as many as you need. Have a look at the IDPA rule book rules 4.1 and 4.2

Be sure to contact the TC-IDPA match officials about a week before the match. The head Safety Office will want to know about your experience, be sure you understand the rules, and be sure you have appropriate equipment.

It depends on the Course of Fire. Some COF are Limited, you can only shoot the specified number of shots, and some are Unlimited, shoot as many as you need. Have a look at the IDPA rule book rules 4.1 and 4.2

Be sure to contact the TC-IDPA match officials about a week before the match. The head Safety Office will want to know about your experience, be sure you understand the rules, and be sure you have appropriate equipment.
Thanks for the clarification! I'll get started on reading the rule book tonight. I'll email them sometime later this week to let them know they've got a newbie or two coming next week. Appreciate the help!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top