JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm relatively new to the Portland area I was just at Wildcat and I was thinking that it would be fun to create a fitness course there. If enough people are up to the task we can set up some run and gun uspca style ranges at every little designated spot and then race up hill to the next flat range like a biathlon. Maybe that sounds retarded and lame but I thought it would be a good time. Grill some beer and drink some burgers and get some cardio

So you want to take over a public shooting area so you can run and gun to the different shooting spots while the public is using their public shooting area?
Gee, what could go wrong with that?

I'm into Fitness. Fittin' this whole burger in my mouth.

Seriously though pulling off something like that in a public spot is just asking for trouble. Maybe on private land? I know some people that do literally what you're talking about but they keep it small and close friends only for obvious political and legal reasons.

If you're interested in biathlon type stuff have you been watching The Tactical Games or any of the Brutality matches?

I could see this going south quickly.

Good on you for wanting to involve exercise/cardio with firearm use (a lot of people don't see it necessary).

I was in Hawaii at the public range. Dude asked us to move to the other side to shoot steel. Ok, whatever. He later gets his steel out and angles it backwards. I told him that was a bad idea, but he insisted that he knew better. He then proceeded to eye **** us whenever he wasn't shooting. I kept waiting for him to start blasting at us.

I was in Hawaii at the public range. Dude asked us to move to the other side to shoot steel. Ok, whatever. He later gets his steel out and angles it backwards. I told him that was a bad idea, but he insisted that he knew better. He then proceeded to eye **** us whenever he wasn't shooting. I kept waiting for him to start blasting at us.
Lol be assertive then they're guns, I'm not saying be undisciplined rather the opposite

So you want to take over a public shooting area so you can run and gun to the different shooting spots while the public is using their public shooting area?
Gee, what could go wrong with that?
I'm saying disciplined people practicing safety. I saw a bunch of guys in the wrong section shooting the live growing trees lol. Make things better don't let them get worse is my advice

I can see where such shooting activities could be fun for some folks.

However...

You are asking for this to be done in a public shooting area...an area that is shared with others.
Others who may not...
Be aware of what you are doing and understand how it supposed to work...
So...safety in this case , will be difficult to maintain.

Also...in regards to having a , as in a single beer before shooting ducks....
While that may not impair everyone ....it is at best a bad look for gun owners ...and at worst...it will impair some people...
Which is bad for everyone.
Andy

Last Edited:
Drink one beer man you don't drink before you go hunting ducks? Literally the same thing
Never happen here. Ingrained by my dad when I was a child too young to even sneak a drink: The moment a bottle or can is opened firearms, ammunition, and even firearm parts are hands off until the next day. The drinking starts when they are properly stored. Never violated in almost 60 years of handling guns.

I guess I am missing the point.

If you want to shoot, go shooting.

If you want to exercise, then go run, or to the gym, whatever.

I like to fish but I'm not out swimming bank to bank while my fishing pole is stuck in the holder on the boat.

Regardless, keep this on 'your side of the hill' please....

Drink one beer man you don't drink before you go hunting ducks? Literally the same thing
Alcohol and guns should never intertwine. I don't care how many drinks. That mentality right there is enough for me to say, "No thanks."

Lol bubblegum bro if we're too scared to exercise our rights you think we have the disposition to protect them?
I carry a gun 16 hours out of the day… what's your point. I exercise my rights daily.

I was talking physical exercise. Chill.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads