JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How did this weekends match go? I wanna shoot so bad. I cant shoot due to an injury so Im curious. I really wanna shoot the Washington State match but cant sign up until my foot is healed. CRAP!!!

How did this weekends match go? I wanna shoot so bad. I cant shoot due to an injury so Im curious. I really wanna shoot the Washington State match but cant sign up until my foot is healed. CRAP!!!

Great match. The stage with the vehicle was especially good. We shot through driver and passenger side windows, and then exited the car and engaged some challenging targets.

Bummer about your foot. Hope it gets better in time for the WA championships.

I was the first shooter of the day on stage 2. My second shot was dead center on a non threat. My match never got better.

iGun - you had a great match. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was the first shooter of the day on stage 2. My second shot was dead center on a non threat. My match never got better.

iGun - you had a great match. Congrats

Thanks man. That was a welcome win after that CF at the PR match on Sat.

Those stenciled-in weapons on the threat targets were very tricky since they're considered hard cover. I hadn't seen that before.

Those stenciled-in weapons on the threat targets were very tricky since they're considered hard cover. I hadn't seen that before.

That was interesting. I can't find anything in the rulebook saying the threat designation is hard cover and it wasn't spelled out in the written procedure.

From the 2005 amended rule book, page 50
E. Threat / Non-Threat Designation.
Threat targets may be designated by the painting of a gun or clipping the cutout of a gun on the target. This target designation is not mandatory, but is highly recommended. In no case should a gun and an open hand be positioned on the same target. Targets should be clearly designated as threat or non-threat.
Non-threat targets MUST be designated by the painting of an open hand or hands on the target or, in the case of a target with a shirt on it, clipping a cutout of an open hand or hands. Painted hands or cutouts for non-threats must be of normal adult size. At least one full had must be visible from the shooting position.
On a shoot through of a non-threat target that also strikes a threat target, the contestant will get the penalty for the non-threat target hit AND will get credit for the scored hit on the threat target. The reverse also applies when a round on a threat target penetrates a non-threat behind it. Hence the rule of thumb: all shoot throughs count (except on hard cover).

Good point. Also, I wonder about a shoot-through of the "hard cover" weapon stencil that hits a non-threat target. Would that not be scored as a non-threat penalty? Hard to score... But I did like the variety added by those stencils--makes you think.

That was interesting. I can't find anything in the rulebook saying the threat designation is hard cover and it wasn't spelled out in the written procedure.

From the 2005 amended rule book, page 50
E. Threat / Non-Threat Designation.
Threat targets may be designated by the painting of a gun or clipping the cutout of a gun on the target. This target designation is not mandatory, but is highly recommended. In no case should a gun and an open hand be positioned on the same target. Targets should be clearly designated as threat or non-threat.
Non-threat targets MUST be designated by the painting of an open hand or hands on the target or, in the case of a target with a shirt on it, clipping a cutout of an open hand or hands. Painted hands or cutouts for non-threats must be of normal adult size. At least one full had must be visible from the shooting position.
On a shoot through of a non-threat target that also strikes a threat target, the contestant will get the penalty for the non-threat target hit AND will get credit for the scored hit on the threat target. The reverse also applies when a round on a threat target penetrates a non-threat behind it. Hence the rule of thumb: all shoot throughs count (except on hard cover).

Having the hard cover stencils did make me look at little harder at the target to see if the black squiggles were hands or a weapon. It was an interesting change and I hope we keep mixing things up.

I sucked this match in the butt hole......Oh well, always next month. Whos gonna shoot the Washington state match?

I'll be there.

I'm SO'ing Bay 9, along with a few others.

Im also shooting sat-sun morn. Is shooting a state match any different than shooting the TCGC match?

It shouldn't be much different. All IDPA Rules will be strictly enforced. There will be a chrono and weigh in "stage". So make sure your ammo will pass power factor and your gun isn't overweight and fits in the IDPA Box. Also make sure all safeties on your gun work. People were DQ'ed last year because of a safety that didn't work.

Also there is no still pictures or video allowed.

Damon
My Match Video Channel - YouTube

Thank you for the video, it brought a smile to my face watching it. I am not familiar with this format, I shot a game called IPSC about 15, 20 years ago. ALOT! If you are familiar with what IPSC was/is, could you help me under stand the difference between the two. I shot a full size government 1911, is this competition more set up for concealed carry defensive type gun? Please forgive my ignorance, I been away along time, got married, you know the drill. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Johnny

I just noticed that I was mixing up IDPA nd USPSA. The USPSA class for TCGC is this Saturday and the cost is $40. Their matches are on the 3rd Sunday each month.

Got it from an email from the USPSA dicipline director at Tri-C. Here's a copy/paste of the important parts:

"It is with great sadness I am writing this message to you all. A program that I have supported for 13 years is now gone. The Board at Tri-County is now going to require the Match Directors to disqualify shooters who violate the muzzle over the berm rule. This recent change to the enforcement is new, and was voted on and approved this week without any input or consulting with the various discipline directors.

This move by Tri-County is resulting in the suspension of the USPSA affiliation. With this recent change, Tri-County has violated their agreement with USPSA by enforcing local rules at a USPSA match.

As of Monday the 18th, I will also be resigning as a discipline director at Tri-County, and any matches moving forward will not be USPSA activities. Thank you to all those that have helped this club produce great matches for a lot of years. It is very much appreciated and I ask you to please continue to put your energies into one of the other Section clubs. "

For all you guys coming up here for the IDPA WA State Championship, here is a preview of the stages. I'm working Stage 12.

[video=youtube_share;z--GxD6cpvQ]http://youtu.be/z--GxD6cpvQ[/video]

Is it correct then that Tri county will have IDPA matches, but any USPSA/IPSC type matches will only be club matches because the berm rule violates USPSA/IPSC rules? Or have both disciplines now become club matches because of the berm rule?

Pistol Matches at Tri County

Posted by Adam Gardner on March 12, 2013 at 7:09pm in Tri-County Gun Club
I want to start off by saying thanks to all the people that help make a match a match and also to the people that keep having fun and shooting. Without all of the positive people and their generosity I don't think I would keep going.

Ok, now the part everyone is waiting for. We will continue to have pistol matches that are similar to USPSA. Obviously I can't call them USPSA matches anymore due to the muzzle above the berm rule and how it cost the club the sanctioning. But the good news is we can still have fun and compete. So let's go over some of the changes you the competitor will see from here on out.

1. A competitor will be DQ'd for muzzle above the berm. This will only come into effect if it is grossly pointed over the berm. I will discuss this in more detail further down.

2. We are no longer dictated by the amount of targets in an array, so don't expect there to be just 8 shots from a position.

3. We no longer have to use USPSA approved targets only. Which means that some of the cool and different targets I see and aquire on my travels we can use.

4. There will be just 2 divisions, Open and Limited. You may shoot our match like a production shooter if you want to work on skills but for our match there will be only Open and Limited divisions. We are doing this in hopes to eliminate as many mag changes as possible, which should help keep the DQ's down.

5. If a competitor gets DQ'd for any reason, they need to see me so we can have a talk about what happened. If a DQ'd competitor leaves the match without speaking to me first, they will not be able to just show up and shoot the next match. I will send you home.

The way we are going to handle the muzzle above the berm is the following. Only approved by me RO's can RO. I will give them a brief training talk on what we are going to call above the berm. Basically, it has to be wildly above the berm. Nobody will be DQ'd because the RO thought the muzzle was a foot over the berm. This does not apply to a finger IN the trigger guard. If your finger is in the trigger guard while you are moving to a position, reloading ect., the same as USPSA, you are DQ'd (no warnings). Also as a competitor remember that the RO's are doing what they are told by me, and must make the call. An RO doesn't want to DQ somebody, but they have to follow the rules. In return for their service during the match all aproved RO's will have a reduced match fee to $10 ($15 is the normal rate).

I want to again thank all of the positive and helpfull people that come out and shoot. I hope to see all the regulars continue to shoot with us and new faces too.

Adam

I have never shot an IDPA match and I am not familiar with the rules. You would have to contact someone at TCGC to find out if the 'over the berm' rule affected their IDPA affiliation.

Is it correct then that Tri county will have IDPA matches, but any USPSA/IPSC type matches will only be club matches because the berm rule violates USPSA/IPSC rules? Or have both disciplines now become club matches because of the berm rule?

The IDPA matches at TCGC are real IDPA matches held under the IDPA rules and sanctioned by IDPA. In addition to the two Muzzle Safe Points at the ends of the 180 degree line, the top of the berm is also a Muzzle Safe Point as allowed in the IDPA rules.

So Yes it is an IDPA match and No you can't point the muzzle over the berm.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top