JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for some answers to some questions about the IDPA match this weekend at Tri County. Do I have to be a member of TCGC or anything else? Havent read the whole 80 some page IDPA rule book but generally what ammo? 10 rounds only in firearm? How much ammo? Do I have to pay or be a member to observe the event? Many more questions if someone wants to speak to me by phone. PM me or post here, Ill be busy reading the rule book.....Thanks

USPSA competitors need to first take a safety course. Most clubs hold the training the weekend prior to meets. It doesn't say, but I'm assuming they recognize the standard USPSA safety training since they're a part of the Columbia Cascade section.

The web site has a link to sign up for their course at the bottom of this page: <broken link removed>

Edit - Based on the section calender, looks like you missed the match this month at Tri County Recurring Monthly Matches | Columbia Cascade Section - USPSA

I go to ARPC and we have a match this coming Saturday.

Ammo count and how much you will need depends on what category you shoot in.

They do have a "limited" class where 10rds/mag max. It has been a few years since I shot a match but I would say most matches ran between 20-30 rounds.

I would bring several mags 4-5 total, a couple hundred rounds and a good attitude to have fun. Then you will have enough stuff to play and have a better idea what you need next time.

I just noticed that I was mixing up IDPA nd USPSA. The USPSA class for TCGC is this Saturday and the cost is $40. Their matches are on the 3rd Sunday each month.

IDPA is the 1st Saturday.

Either one you choose, be prepared to spend LOTS more on ammo but you're gonna love it!

IDPA at TCGC is now on Sundays. The next match is this Sun 2/10. You do not need to be a member to shoot, but need to show up early for a safety briefing around 8:30 or 9am. If you are not a TCGC member getting into the club and to the Action Range can be tricky. Best is to wait near the gate and ask for help.

It's a great IDPA match. Very friendly bunch of folks.

You will need 3 mags and a carrier for 2. Usually 100 rounds will do it.

Hope to see you there.

IDPA Information for TriCounty --
New Hotness: Sherwood IDPA - Tri County Gun Club
Olderness: TC DPL

If you are a safe handgun shooter - come and shoot. You can watch, but really, shoot instead.
OK to be new to shooting sports, But if you have never shot a hand gun before, take a new shooter course first.

Couple of things - you do need to comply with the TriCounty rules. Not just IDPA rules.
On the action range you will be with an SO so that part of not being a member is covered.
One of the biggies is the muzzle control. They will cover it at the new shooter brief.
Apparently the "Safety equipment at all times" includes while in the parking area of the action range, I got told to put my glasses on while walking to the porta-potty.
You cannot handle a gun in the parking area - so if you conceal carry you have to move the firearm to your safe storage box before getting to the range ~ reverse when leaving.

You only have to pay for the match. You do not need to join IDPA until after you have shot a match and decided that it is for you.
So, $15 to Shaun, and to each other shooter a big mac ... or considering it will be cold, coffee.
Kidding on the last part.

There is nothing near by so bring appropriate beverage and food for your needs.
Dress for the weather.
Bring something to sit on - I use a 5gal bucket, others bring folding chairs.

If you bring 200 rounds with you, you should take most home. Round count varies based upon courses of fire.
Typically is 18 x 6 minimum or 31 x 6 if you are like me and miss on occasion.

Don't freak over the rule book - it is argued over constantly - be safe, follow your SO instructions,
and ask questions. You are not expected to have everything memorized.
If you need accommodation on a stage, ask the SO at the stage brief.

Thanks for the responses guys. Got 99% of my questions answered. I will be there so Ill get to meet a few of you. See ya sunday!!!

Dude.... That was soooooo fun!!! The butterflies were over by the third stage. My first stage didnt go so good, had the first time nervous shakes and such. I will be there for the classifier and the following match.... Im hooked!!!

Ive been going through the video my gfriend took and figuring out what I need to work on. All I can say is soooooo fun.

@BDA - Scores are posted. If you had a lot of points down, look to improve accuracy. If you had few down, push for speed.
If you had any procedurals you'll have to remember those as they are not on the score sheet, And work on eliminating those.

I am certain I will not run past the same two targets next month!

I just started to shoot IDPA right before they switched to Sundays. Now that they run on Sunday it is impossible for me to participate. I like to hear the stories, but man do I feel left out!

@BDA - Glad you had a good time and welcome to the group. I've been shooting IDPA for about a year and the fun doesn't wear off.

Here is a video of me shootimg one of the stages. The procedural is for moving during the reload against the procedures. I was in your squad and may remember it.

A day at the range - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
I do remember. Im considering on getting a Glock or something else. That Sig really pissed me off. That stupid decocker is in the way. My 220 sits higher so I dont hit. I dont know what to do. What are you shooting?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top