JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have to believe that the OP was not suggesting that any alcoholic consumption was to occur before or during the shooting portion. Surely, no one who joins this board would advocate that...

OTOH, I don't believe that tying up a public shooting venue for personal use is a viable use of said limited resource. I would suggest engaging in sanctioned shooting competitions such as USPSA, IDPA or the like. Very safe, run quite well, and a great place to have fun safely while getting in your running and gunning...
He specifically said don't you drink before going duck hunting….

Post #10

Well, beer goggles are the optics of choice foe certain kinds of night hunting
When I'm hunting cougars and sweathogs happen to be in the area, I always use my suppressor...

It keeps me from saying stupid shiit that could end up with me taking one of those damned hawgs instead of the cat... :eek:

When I'm hunting cougars and sweathogs happen to be in the area, I always use my suppressor...

It keeps me from saying stupid shiit that could end up with me taking one of those damned hawgs instead of the cat... :eek:
So your "suppressor" is code for that thing that hangs between your legs rather than the hole in your face?

I kid. I kid.

I'm relatively new to the Portland area I was just at Wildcat and I was thinking that it would be fun to create a fitness course there. If enough people are up to the task we can set up some run and gun uspca style ranges at every little designated spot and then race up hill to the next flat range like a biathlon. Maybe that sounds retarded and lame but I thought it would be a good time. Grill some beer and drink some burgers and get some cardio
I would suggest DRRC club at Eagle Creek.

A few years ago I went to a carbine training by Mike Glover.
He had us do 5 minutes of exercise and then do 25 headshots
from 5 different positions.
My 4 to 5 inch static group went to the size of the 2 to 3 foot group.
At the that time was 63, have been exercising daily since.
The OP has a idea of exercise and shooting, nothing new.
How could it be done safely and legally?
Do it in Washington?
Burgers and ice tea?
Private range?
Stage rifle at 50 yard line, run to 100 yard line and back one or more
times. load rifle shoot, clear rifle, next guy starts his run.
Highest score gets to be first in burger line.
Just random thoughts not a plan.

A few years ago I went to a carbine training by Mike Glover.
He had us do 5 minutes of exercise and then do 25 headshots
from 5 different positions.
My 4 to 5 inch static group went to the size of the 2 to 3 foot group.
At the that time was 63, have been exercising daily since.
The OP has a idea of exercise and shooting, nothing new.
How could it be done safely and legally?
Do it in Washington?
Burgers and ice tea?
Private range?
Stage rifle at 50 yard line, run to 100 yard line and back one or more
times. load rifle shoot, clear rifle, next guy starts his run.
Highest score gets to be first in burger line.
Just random thoughts not a plan.
Yesterday I went running with my AR in the deep snow. It was a fun experience. I'm a lone wolf so that's fine by me. Mike Glover is a good dude I'm from Utah and the gun culture is a lot better.

A couple things...

Yes, it can be done, but not on public land as pointed out by many posts...would need to be contained on private land.

Alcohol anything??? I've hosted a few groups on my range over the years...Number 1 rule...ANYONE even opens and/or displays anything alcoholic, the day is done...no more shooting.

As @ar addict mentioned, I co hosted a class with Mike Glover some years ago with some hard moving along with a final exercise time and then shoot...to get the heart and blood pressure up.

1 Minute each; Jumping Jacks, Squats, Push-ups, Lunges, and Burpees...non stop...then pick a yard line and do some drills.

Many people talk about train as you fight...well Gravy Seals, and Meal Team 6, it ain't gonna happen in an easy chair while stuffing the pie hole with caramel corn.

I hit 61 this year...can still pound out a 9 min mile, not a great time but as we get older the endurance goes away, so stay in as good as shape as you can...this world ain't getting easier or safer.

View: https://youtu.be/faKJOm7euiU?si=X7BLXNSHr8biXpGe

Last Edited:
...and to expound on the physical fitness thing...I understand some are unable due to age, injuries etc., but for the most part, and barring the above, I've not heard a Doc tell a patient...sit around, drink beer and scarf Mcds.

Do something, most any little thing helps.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads