JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The idea has merit, with a safe backdrop in a dispersed location, with only people you personally know. Its no different than "target practice" in the woods which most have done.
What doesnt have merit is inviting anyone off the web. Thats the recipe for disaster.

So about this new law, if I go out in the woods alone and practice "moving and shooting" drills is that illegal now? What if I bring a friend? Or two?

The idea has merit, with a safe backdrop in a dispersed location, with only people you personally know. Its no different than "target practice" in the woods which most have done.
What doesnt have merit is inviting anyone off the web. Thats the recipe for disaster.

So about this new law, if I go out in the woods alone and practice "moving and shooting" drills is that illegal now? What if I bring a friend? Or two?
As long as you and your friends are racially diverse??

So many FUDs here. I don't think OP was advocating running around the woods blasted on whiskey blasting at tree stumps. He specifically mentioned Competition style training with all the elements of shooting and moving. I guess all firearm trainers in Oregon will be arrested for being Moolisha leaders now. Lol. No training in Oregon. The Gestapo will get you. LOL

I think things are being taken out of context on both sides of this argument…..

Name calling will fix it. Haha.

Theres only a handful of people on here Id feel safe drinking and shooting in the woods with....

(do I really have to type sarcasm?)

Rule #1, and not negotiable, none of them are allowed to come if they compliment my mouth :confused:

Older joke kids, ask a grown up :s0112:
1xv5n9.jpg

The beer drinking is a hard no from me. I've been around people who were drinking while shooting and the number of muzzle sweeps increased proportional to the beers consumed. I ended up looking down the barrel of a .357 a guy was waving around like his index finger. The general public is dangerous sober, I can't imagine them getting less so after a couple IPAs.

At elk camp, there is booze but it only comes out at night after the guns are away and dinner has been had, nobody seems to question the wisdom of why. Because it's obvious.

I have to believe that the OP was not suggesting that any alcoholic consumption was to occur before or during the shooting portion. Surely, no one who joins this board would advocate that...

OTOH, I don't believe that tying up a public shooting venue for personal use is a viable use of said limited resource. I would suggest engaging in sanctioned shooting competitions such as USPSA, IDPA or the like. Very safe, run quite well, and a great place to have fun safely while getting in your running and gunning...

I have to believe that the OP was not suggesting that any alcoholic consumption was to occur before or during the shooting portion. Surely, no one who joins this board would advocate that...
I ain't too sure ...since he did say this :
Drink one beer man you don't drink before you go hunting ducks? Literally the same thing
Granted the above quote is about drinking before hunting...and not before or during the shooting portion of his desired actions in the OP.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads