JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just a note - there are a couple of new TriCounty rules for the IDPA matches.
Nothing which should keep anyone from shooting, you can talk to the MD if you can't figure out the "why"

One is: no Video - without permission from the MD at each match. This is most likely a small inconvenience, he'll want to discuss the where / how you post & show the video. I would ask that everyone do this so the club doesn't consider the more serious step of no video period.

The others include - Don't argue to excess.
And, you have to ensure your gear is working before the match; you can't test it at the beginning of the match.

I certainly don't think these should impact anyone.

Sunday Dec 8 is the next IDPA match at Tri County.
Fox 12 says it will be 12 degrees.

A couple of tips -
1. Don't kiss your cartridges. When they get stuck to your lips, that is not an approved carry location according to the new rule book.
2. Polymer triggers. Far less likely to loose skin on each ULSC command.

Seriously -
Sherwood IDPA - Tri County Gun Club

& The first clarification to the NRB has been posted on the IDPA.com website.

Sunday Dec 8 is the next IDPA match at Tri County.
Fox 12 says it will be 12 degrees.

A couple of tips -
1. Don't kiss your cartridges. When they get stuck to your lips, that is not an approved carry location according to the new rule book.
2. Polymer triggers. Far less likely to loose skin on each ULSC command.

Seriously -
Sherwood IDPA - Tri County Gun Club

& The first clarification to the NRB has been posted on the IDPA.com website.

I'll be there--with my propane heater...

I have a question regarding IDPA:
We have numerous members in our rifle and pistol club who have no interest in shooting above our club level, nor do they have any interest in becoming IDPA members. We do have several people who are members of IDPA and want their scores sent to the national office,

According to the rule book our club can lose its affiliation if we, "The Unwashed," are allowed to shoot with IDPA members in these matches.

How does you club handle this situation?

Sheldon

I was turned on to IDPA when it first started, but haven't done a match in some time. I have a question.

The two classes are Limited and Open. What separates the two?

I am going to start shooting in the spring now that I have a pistol I want to compete with and I am looking to find out which one will work best for when I start. Also, I will know what gear to bring so I am not caught short or can't shoot that day.

I shoot TCGC when we qualify at work, so I am aware that they have some rules about who can and can't draw from the holster. Do I have to get their blessing by shooting a USPSA match or take test of some kind in order to shoot IDPA there?

@ Deebow - perhaps you are thinking of a different shooting sport like USPSA
IDPA does not have "open" nor "limited" divisions.

Stock Service Pistol is a good place to start, or Stock Service Revolver if you are a wheel gunner.

IDPA.com
Read the rule book - at least the sections on safety and shooting. You can probably skip the rest to get started.

TriCounty requires all new shooters to take the safety briefing before the IDPA match.
By new, I mean new to IDPA at TriCounty.

You do not need to be a member of TriCounty to shoot the matches. But if you come back for a 2nd (or 3rd) match you will need to join IDPA.

If you search through this thread, I am pretty sure all the URLs / Links are listed - along with a good number of new to the sport questions answered.

Hope to see you in the spring.

This is how long I have been away. I am going stock service pistol for sure, at least to start. Joining IDPA is no issue, and I am going to get started on that part right away. I plan on making plenty of time for doing some match shooting next year.

Thanks for the help and it is time to start buying ammo.

One is: no Video - without permission from the MD at each match. This is most likely a small inconvenience, he'll want to discuss the where / how you post & show the video. I would ask that everyone do this so the club doesn't consider the more serious step of no video period.

Is this coming from the Club BOD or the Discipline?

@nwhpfan - the "no video" is the IDPA club policy. Note - it is not a ban on video; it is a requirement that you get permission from the MD.

see: Sherwood IDPA - Tri County Gun Club
"Video: No personal video is allowed without the MD consent, which will be required at every match. "

If you have specific questions, please email Shaun who is the IDPA Director at Tri County.

I am a new shooter and will be going to Tri County but just to watch since I didn't give a weeks notice. But I am looking for information on Onalaska is anyone shooting at the FAS range? I can't seem to find much about that one. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

What's with the weeks notice???? Thought that's what you gave when you quit??? Really, thought ya just showed and shoot. I have not shot idpa there but thought I would before I compensated and red dotted my s&w CORE.

What's with the weeks notice.

New shooter information for TC-IDPA is listed hereNew Shooter - Tri-County Defensive Pistol League

The Match Director would like you to contact them prior to the match to answer any questions and to talk to you about your experience.

The important think is to show up for the New Shooter Briefing. If you miss it then you won't shoot that day.

Attend the New Shooter Orientation: You will keep the NEW Shooter Form and take it with you to Bay 9 where you will hand it to the Safety Officer (SO) instructing the briefing. The briefing starts at 8:00AM. Attending the briefing is mandatory. If you are late, you don't shoot. Being on time for the orientation is YOUR responsibility.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads