JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At this point I don't have any major seller's remorse... I did sell a civilian Luger, but it was in the oddball 7.62 calliber that's impossible to find ammo for... :(

I rarely sell anything, but I did pass up a nice Series 70 Nickle Commander in 9mm. Pay Less Drug used to have sporting goods as well as a gun counter. The thing was there something like 2 years and I'd drool over it when buying primers or some such. $325 was a truckload of money at the time. The GM went for about $285 then (1978 or so). I looked up current value on one and had to sit down.

A late '60s S&W mod 27 (357 mag) revolver with a 8 3/8 inch barrel. Cocked for single action, it had a trigger pull of about 4 oz. At the time, I just "had" to have funds to build a heavy varmint rifle. :nuts:

I regret selling EVERY gun I have ever sold! Dang, it seems that every decade we get another recession, or I wreck my spine again, and I get desperate for funds and need to sell my masterpieces that I so painstakinly acquired.

One I particularly regret was a post-war Interarms Mauser HSc .380 pistol with US Army crest on it. It was utterly beautiful and comfortable and pointable, and finally worked reliably after all of my efforts. I traded it for something smaller and lighter, but still miss that lovely gun. Now, with the recent improvements in .380 bullet effectiveness, it would be a very viable home gun................................elsullo :(

May sound stupid as I can still get one (if I had money) I sold my GSG 5 Carbine without firing it...stupid stupid stupid as well as my P6..but being unemployed...money has its way of talking at times over the toys.

1968 Mercury Cougar GTE... to much horse power for a 21 year old. Stupid, stupid, stupid, but the chicks liked the CJ-7 that I replaced it with.

I have yet to sell a gun. Safe queens just get stuffed in the back and never touched, and I have many that I've never pulled the trigger on.

1968 Mercury Cougar GTE... to much horse power for a 21 year old. Stupid, stupid, stupid, but the chicks liked the CJ-7 that I replaced it with.

I have yet to sell a gun. Safe queens just get stuffed in the back and never touched, and I have many that I've never pulled the trigger on.

You really need to do an inventory. I'd guess that collection has done better than most other investments.

I rarely sell anything, but I did pass up a nice Series 70 Nickle Commander in 9mm. Pay Less Drug used to have sporting goods as well as a gun counter. The thing was there something like 2 years and I'd drool over it when buying primers or some such. $325 was a truckload of money at the time. The GM went for about $285 then (1978 or so). I looked up current value on one and had to sit down.

Yep, my Nickel Bead Blasted Combat Commander was made in about that era and it just had the most excellent trigger, the Colt pistol shop was on fire at that time, it must have been a great place to work.

I also sold a 100% Belgan-made FN-FAL para with the folding bolt-retractor, boy, talk about eeediot! :(

Last Edited:
No regrets for me but....my uncle took his early 1960's, German made Weatherby 300 and 257 mags to a pawn shop, never to be seen again...then gave me all the left over ammo and dies. :huh:

The only firearm regret is the S&W 686 Stainless 4" .357 marked "Property of Oregon State Police". Dumb... Dumb... Dumb... Dumb... Dumb... Dumb... Dumb... Dumb... Dumb... Dumb... Dumb... Dumb... Dumb... Dumb... Dumb... Dumb... Dumb... Dumb... Dumb... Dumb... Dumb... Dumb... Dumb... Dumb... Dumb... Dumb... Dumb... Dumb... Dumb... Dumb... Dumb... Dumb... Dumb... Oh well live and learn!

SF-

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads