JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep, I did notice that but had a senior moment & forgot to mention it in the post...o_O

Did you see my last post about the sizing? Are you wearing this as an outer belt for the tac vest? maybe that's why it is too small. Or like I said in my earlier post maybe you intentionally got a small size for planned weight loss?

Did you see my last post about the sizing? Are you wearing this as an outer belt for the tac vest? maybe that's why it is too small. Or like I said in my earlier post maybe you intentionally got a small size for planned weight loss?

Well I kinda guessed at it from what I measured last year & figured I didn't gain anymore weight. I can send it back & pay a return on my dime since it was my mistake.
What is the adjustment length from minimum to maximum (6-8")?
It will have to be 40" minimum (buckle to buckle) to wear it outside clothing on the tac vest since it is a 1.75" width.
LMK your thoughts.
Jim

I usually sew in 1 in down and 5 inches up for a total adjustment of 6 inches. Which I think is a nice compromise between adjustment and short tail. Cobra type belts aren't meant to get much smaller really, usually bigger. Which is why I usually only do 1" smaller. With the 5" to grow so that you can conceal a holster.

You mentioned wearing it outside the clothes on the tac vest. I guess I never really had that in mind when I asked for your sizing. I assumed it was just going to be used for an edc/pants belt. You mentioned only wearing it on the outside dye to the 1.75 sizing. If you take off the male side of the cobra buckle you can loop it through normal pants loops then re attach the buckle.

I'm not sure if you were saying that you either couldn't or didn't plan to use it as a pants belt.

If you want it for a tac vest belt I would usually ask people to measure having that in mind. I can fix the measurements accordingly.

I will send you my address in pm and you can send the belt back to, no problem.

For anyone watching, it looks like Caveman Jim and I just had a misunderstanding and he won't be needing a new size after all. Said he would rather keep the one he has. Just thought I would clear up that confusion.

Thanks, will be posting new pictures very soon.

One of the guys said he was out of town so he hasn't actually been home to see it.

Another said he would wear it for a few days and let me know.

Same with Cavemanjim who I had the sizing confusion with, but we worked it out.

SSTRAND got his and said he would test it out some more and let us know.

So basically I am just waiting to hear back from them. It had taken me forever to get the green webbing that ZA_survivalist ordered, but it looks like it will be here tomorrow or the next day then I can sew his belt. I had some sent in but they sent me the wrong webbing so I had to send it back to them. he will probably give me a horrible review for taking so long! :D:p

ZA_survivalist: my apologies again, I hate that it took this long. But I placed a large order of all 3 colors webbing so I am set for the future.

How come none of you guys who got belts have yet to leave feedback?? Seems like its well deserved.

Mine is working out much better than I anticipated. It carries my 1911 without complaint.

I remove the sliding part of the buckle to put it through my belt loops and holster and then reattach it and adjust the length with the Velcro.

I think that if your pants have 2 inch belt loops you won't have to remove and reattach the sliding end.

So far it is an eleven on a scale of one to ten!!

Sheldon

I'd like a close-up of the belt buckle itself. I'm not familiar with how the mechanism works, and need to be more familiar. I'd like one, but have a few things I need to be more sure of.

Edit: Specifically, I mean how the size adjustment on the belt works.

I will take some pictures if you still want after I try to explain.

The Buckles are side release with the two clips.

One side of the buckle has an adjustment bar. Similar to what you would see on a vring type belt only in my opinion locks up better.

You would loop the free end of the belt through the male end of the buckle that has the adjustment bar just as you would any other buckle with a locking bar.

Depending on where you cinch the strap on the locking bar will determine your adjustment. Then you use the Velcro to secure the free end.

Here is a repost of the picture of the strap/adjustment of the belts. If you look closely you will see what I mean.

If this still doesn't make sense I will happily post pictures explaining.

Thanks!

downloadfile-4.jpeg

No problem, it is the Velcro part I didn't get before. You had mentioned "1 inch down and 5 inches up" for adjustment, but as a fat bastard, I vary more than that some days. ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing more info when you have some pricing available. :D

Thanks for the quick response!

No problem, it is the Velcro part I didn't get before. You had mentioned "1 inch down and 5 inches up" for adjustment, but as a fat bastard, I vary more than that some days. ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing more info when you have some pricing available. :D

Thanks for the quick response!

No problem, thanks for keeping up with the thread. I will posting more pictures very soon of new belts and some other stuff.

Cheers!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top