JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey, so with family life, I find I am needing to earn more money to ensure that we are comfortable, and possibly to put into savings for an eventual move... I'm thinking after @Knobgoblin 's commission, to take on some more for gear and packs?

These are my most recent examples of gear I've made, some which I've sold, others I'm keeping as samples;
DSCF6518.JPG 20230423_180726.jpg 20221205_200122.jpg 20220722_153310.jpg 20220718_174626.jpg 20220714_142228.jpg 20220619_205100.jpg

And the fabrics I have on hand; not shown is the 500 and 1000D Woodland which I have in MOLLE Woodland shade, as seen on the retro 3 cell mag pouch above.

ranger Green, Tan 499, wheat gold Khaki
20220813_151212.jpg

various olive drabs
20220621_130417.jpg

Mixtures of Ranger to Camo Greens
20210110_094541.jpg

Coyote brown
20210110_094741.jpg

AOR2, DGII, Afghan Digital, clockwise, with USMC MARPAT radio pouch in lower right corner
20220610_153006.jpg 20220613_223215.jpg
DGII with two meshes and webbing colors
20220922_103508.jpg

Tiger stripe camos with the same two heavy meshes.
20230407_140451.jpg

Do you have prices set for things with "add-on" prices?

Or is it more case by case?
It's more case by case, that woodland triple pouch was $73 shipped, the mesh MOLLE chest rig with tan 499 buckles was something like $95 shipped. A chest rig with the same general look as the TS, in any solid color, or the few camos I have except the Tiger Stripes; with choice of velcro, or side release buckles or snap fasteners, would be $125 + shipping, the 4 ALICE buckles will add $40 and the Tiger Stripe would also add $20 to the cost because these specific things are expensive for me to acquire. Packs will be on case by case depending on features and sizes.

I've been looking for a better range brass pickup bag. Cardboard boxes don't cut it, ammo cans are too big. Ideally a flat based, open top cylinder with a drawstring. About the size of a grocery store ice cream container. If that's something you'd like to tackle, I'd be happy to support your endeavor.

I've been looking for a better range brass pickup bag. Cardboard boxes don't cut it, ammo cans are too big. Ideally a flat based, open top cylinder with a drawstring. About the size of a grocery store ice cream container. If that's something you'd like to tackle, I'd be happy to support your endeavor.
which grocery store ice cream container? ;) they come in a few sizes now, from supposedly a pint to 1 qt, to 1.5 qts (formerly 1.75 and 2 qts) to 1 gallon sizes :D

which grocery store ice cream container? ;) they come in a few sizes now, from supposedly a pint to 1 qt, to 1.5 qts (formerly 1.75 and 2 qts) to 1 gallon sizes :D
The regular ol half gallon-ish size. Was originally thinking one gallon but I've never once collected a gallon of brass :D. So somewhere within that size range would be just fine

The regular ol half gallon-ish size. Was originally thinking one gallon but I've never once collected a gallon of brass :D. So somewhere within that size range would be just fine
Ya never know, when you end up collecting a gallon+ of ammo.. actually though, that would be a little bit closer to a .50 cal can, and the 2 qt is a little smaller than the .30 cal ammo cans... but I think I can whip up a simple flat base pouch that has draw string and D rings for shoulder strap/sling

Ya never know, when you end up collecting a gallon+ of ammo.. actually though, that would be a little bit closer to a .50 cal can, and the 2 qt is a little smaller than the .30 cal ammo cans... but I think I can whip up a simple flat base pouch that has draw string and D rings for shoulder strap/sling
.30 cal can by volume would probably work, maybe a tick bigger just in case. I imagine you get the idea of what I'm after so just let me know

I'd take a four-pouch chest rig like the one above in tiger stripe, but with multi-cam or OD green (on the far right of the olive drabs photo) that holds two 30-rnd AR mags in each pouch and slide-release buckles (as shown above)… they're secure and don't make noise when you open them.

Consider doing Apple Pay as well. It's easy-peezy.

Yeah, what colors, solid body or mesh bottom? Mesh is useful for draining if wet outside or if brass landed in puddles and mud lol
Color doesn't matter to me at all. I would prefer a solid body for durability. More than likely going to tossing onto gravel a fair bit. Brass can be dried at home if it's a soakin wet day.

I think your idea of D rings is pretty good, too. We're more or less on the same page, I'm not too picky.

I'd take a four-pouch chest rig like the one above in tiger stripe, but with multi-cam or OD green (on the far right of the olive drabs photo) that holds two 30-rnd AR mags in each pouch and slide-release buckles (as shown above)… they're secure and don't make noise when you open them.

Consider doing Apple Pay as well. It's easy-peezy.
Slide releases? Which rig? I see you're talking Tiger Stripe but with double mag pockets vs singles, in one of the Olive Drabs.. not sure which hardware.. familiar with ALICE, Lift-The-Dot, metal friction buckles, three-bar buckles, plastic Ladder Locks...

Slide releases? Which rig? I see you're talking Tiger Stripe but with double mag pockets vs singles, in one of the Olive Drabs.. not sure which hardware.. familiar with ALICE, Lift-The-Dot, metal friction buckles, three-bar buckles, plastic Ladder Locks...

You must mean the ALICE, the same pouch clasps that's shown on the 4-pouch TS chest rig in the top photo. They're the same ones used on the ALICE 3-mag ammo pouches from my era. Velcro closures are fine for many things, but it makes BIG noise when you open a pocket or lift a pouch flap.

The canvas ALICE 2-mag .45 ammo pouches we used had the lift-dots. Back in the day I used to carry three of those (in addition to the two M16 mag pouches and a bandolier of 5.56) on my kit if I wasn't M60 gunnin'. We used to sweat…. a LOT!

IMG_0888.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads