JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys I have been sewing for a few years now and have recently began putting some cobra riggers belts together.

I have been using:

1.75" Type 13R (resin impregnated) mil spec webbing

1.5" Mil spec hook and loop

Type 69 bonded nylon thread

1.75" Astrialpin cobra buckle

These are your typical belts usually used for concealed carry or range use.

Right now I am making them for friends in black and coyote. If someone here would be interested in testing one out and giving me some feedback I would be happy to make you one to your size specification.

Ideally I could send it someone who either has experience with these types of belts who can compare. Or someone who is very interested in trying one out but hasn't yet due to cost or wait time.

Thanks for the help, hopefully I can make you an awesome belt, feel free to ask if you want more info.

Last Edited:
Wow I didn't expect to receive 3 replies so quickly. I had originally intended to make one belt but I happy to make belts for the 2 posters above as well as someone who contact me first though personal message.

I wish I could make them for more people but unfortunately as some of you may know cobra buckles are a bit pricey :p

I hope you guys will really like these belts and be able to give me some feedback on the forum.

All I need from you guys is your waist size. If you can measure through your belt loops with a measuring tape that would be ideal. But if you can't and can only provide pants size that will be acceptable but will increase the risk that your belt is off sized 1 inch up or down due to the varying sizing used by pants manufacturers. Although this isn't critical to the belt fitting, I can be a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to sizing.

Also I will need to know what colors you want. I can do either black on black, coyote on coyote, or a mix of the two you decided. But no take backs :D

Thanks guys I am excited to have a new project!

I will post some pictures of the last belts I made when I get back to my computer.

I could use one for a big guy . . .

Sheldon
I second that.
AND if you want your belt tested via, roofs crawl spaces and other various uncommon testing grounds Id be more than happy.

It's the main reason I've blown through holsters and other various methods of carry.
Doing real day to day work, there is no better test. And I'm a pretty big guy.. And I'm a little rough on my regular gear.. so that extra weight, friction etc would really put it to the test.

However I dont blow through a ton of belts. Maybe one every 5-7 years..

If be more than happy to update daily, weekly etc. pictures, carry methods. What does and doesn't work (in my opinion).
I'd wear it every day. ;)

Hey guys just posting some pictures to show you guys what the belts will look like, The ones in the picture below are the 1.75" Cobra belts in Coyote with Black buckle.

1zwi4x0.jpg

f02npc.jpg

And this is a Kids/Women's cobra belt, not meant for concealed carry of course. Was just toying around with the idea for my nephew. sewn with a double layer of mil spec 1" nylon webbing and 1" Cobra Buckle.

t51yyu.jpg

x3cmeq.jpg

Hope you all enjoy the pictures, keep a lookout on this thread and I will post more updates as I go.

Might be more laborious but I love my volund gearworks g hook belt. You might want to test out making one for a guy with a 34" to 38" waist? Eh eh? :)

Might be more laborious but I love my volund gearworks g hook belt. You might want to test out making one for a guy with a 34" to 38" waist? Eh eh? :)

Haha, once finances allow I definitely plan to start making some G hook belts soon! Trying to get multiples of all the different cobra buckle colors is proving to be expensive. Cheap compared to guns I suppose!

I have examined/owned many of the top makers of Riggers Belts and I will definitely vouch for the quality and workmanship coming out of Volund Gearworks, there stuff is great!

What is it you like most about the G-hook belts? Is it the low profile? Lower cost?

Nice looking belt. I will be happy to let you know what I think of it. Looks like it should last a long time and if I like it I would be more than happy to pay you for it. I did send my name and address to you in a private message.

Nice looking belt. I will be happy to let you know what I think of it. Looks like it should last a long time and if I like it I would be more than happy to pay you for it. I did send my name and address to you in a private message.

I appreciate any insight you may have, I got your message so we are all squared away as far as details go.

You will most likely be hearing form me about your belt by this time next week. I just have to wait for some of the materials and then I can whip some up, shouldn't be long at all.

Thanks again!

Update:

Just got shipping confirmation for the materials I ordered. I had most of the stuff on hand but had to order in some extras.

First Shipment should be here on Wednesday and Second on Thursday.

Considering that delivery date and how long it takes me to make the belts I should be able to have them ready to ship out on Friday Night and I will take them to the post office on Saturday!

Looks like I got everyones info just need to hash out a couple more things out with ZA_Survivialist

Thanks for looking

Well shoot if they come back with good feedback are you going to start taking in orders? I was going to get an SOE belt eventually but I'd rather support a local guy more.

Well shoot if they come back with good feedback are you going to start taking in orders? I was going to get an SOE belt eventually but I'd rather support a local guy more.

yeah I will definitely be taking orders. Obviously I can't post any links or price info until I can email the forum and see what it will take to get the supporting vendor account? Don't want to step on their toes. Hopefully I am not breaking any TOS. I will have a website up very soon with a shopping cart for checkout.

If you like the belts the guys get feel free to shoot me a pm and I will whip one up for you.

Thanks for watching!

Hey guys,

Here are some pics of some of the materials that came in today, the rest will hopefully be here tomorrow and then I will start sewing. So it seems like I am still on schedule.

Some Buckles (Top to Bottom : Coyote, Desert Sand, Black)

10dxo2a.jpg

Pile O' Buckles

2ewzd6x.jpg

Just for Kicks :rolleyes:

258qcz9.jpg

Just a little update on where I am with the project, thanks to everyone who has been following. I am excited to get sewing not these belts.

Update.

Good and bad news today, the good news is that the Coyote webbing arrived. The bad news is that the distributor told me today after I emailed them wondering where the black webbing was that they don't have it on hand and hope to get some in next week. Which makes me sort of angry because they didn't tell me this when their site said in stock ready to ship. They were polite and responsive I was just a little irked by the lack of communication on their end about the webbing being out of stock.

I was able to find some in Stock at lowy but they wanted $150 shipping to overnight the $200 worth of webbing lol. Which is a little steep. Luckily she said they can do 3 day with it arriving on Tuesday. For only $40.

So my original time line of having the belts sent out this weekend have been delayed until Tuesday night/Wednesday morning which isn't too much but I do apologize to all those waiting. Unexpected delays are a peeve of mine.

Unless any unforseen hiccups happen I will have the belts sent out by Wednesday morning. I will start cranking them out the minute the box hits my door. Again sorry for the wait.

Good news for the ones who ordered coyote webbing I will be sewing your belts tonight and have them shipped out tomorrow! The coyote remains on the original time line I posted earlier. I have made a decently large materials purchase overall. So there's shouldn't be much wait time at all for future belts.

I will update pictures of the belts I make tonight when finished.

Thanks for keeping up!

Update:

Sorry I didn't post earlier. My Internet was on the fritz today.

I finished A COYOTE/COYOTE belt for SSTRAND last night and will be shipping it out tomorrow morning.

I am hoping he will like it, his is the first one I have finished of the batch.

When the rest of the materials come in I will do another update.

Thanks.

SSTRAND I will pm you the tracking number

v3hyf8.jpg

20iets.jpg

2rempl0.jpg

2m3mg78.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show