JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
could be worse. watch addiction is financially 100x worse than guns.

I found the perfect colt 1911 defender .45. I could dump my xd in a second, I'll prob never shoot it again save for home defense. my colt AR is perfect. could go for a larger caliber AR rifle if I had an endless budget and a semi auto 12 gauge but no desire to buy more for now. reg priced ammo is a bigger deal.

its the Rolex that calls me.
Its Movado for me LOL

years ago I tried that with women,It worked for awhile. But I found guns to be cheaper....

That reminds me....
image001_zpsb60369f6.jpg

Trading guns in't a problem. 3/4ths of the guns in my safe I got through trades. Ony the one's that were inherited, given as a gift or the one that I've already given to my own children or nephews are the ones I consider keepers for life. You only run into a problem when you trade and gun and later on find yourself telling your buddies "I used to own one of those. Good gun. Wish I never would have gotten rid of it"

I've been looking at that one as well! Supposed to be a ~$800 gun though wasn't it? Then they figured out they could jack the MSRP up, and it seems like folks are jacking that up even more.

This G.A.S. is bad... *must* *control* *wallet*

:D

Last I checked MSRP was about $800 but I've never seen one sold for anywhere near that. I doubt that they will be producing them in volume any time soon. I talked them down to a price that I could live with, no complaints.

This affliction is compounded with the total scarcity of some firearms. "If I don't buy it now, it may take 6 months to find another one"
Or "Months from now it might be $100+ more"

Last I checked MSRP was about $800 but I've never seen one sold for anywhere near that. I doubt that they will be producing them in volume any time soon. I talked them down to a price that I could live with, no complaints.

They put a ton of money into r and d for that weapon. It was only on the market for a short time and was put on the ban list. They raised the prices to try and get sone of their investment back. Dont really blame them.

Uh.....the ban list is dead, not in Colorado, but it is on the federal level so why the high price? They will start making them in volume I'm sure. Why wouldn't you want to make as many as you could possibly sell? Most of their products started the same way, rare and hard to find.

I always get a new handgun and always seem to want to trade it for something else. I dont know what is wrong with me. Right now I have a Xdm 4.25 9mm and love it but I have the urge for something else already.

Guns are like wimmens. You can't have them all, but try to enjoy as many as possible. I do the same thing. wanna buy a GP100?

Uh.....the ban list is dead, not in Colorado, but it is on the federal level so why the high price? They will start making them in volume I'm sure. Why wouldn't you want to make as many as you could possibly sell? Most of their products started the same way, rare and hard to find.

I agree, I just don't think it will be any time soon. They have plenty of other models, released before the KSG, that are still hard to find.

Why do YOU think you keep doing this?

Does it happen with other purchases in your life (cars, clothes, electronics, etc.)? If so, you may be getting a "high" off of the research + purchase part and thus feel the need to do that part over and over. Take a step back and figure out what is really going on, the issue is obviously bothering you, so get to the bottom of it!

Why do YOU think you keep doing this?

Does it happen with other purchases in your life (cars, clothes, electronics, etc.)? If so, you may be getting a "high" off of the research + purchase part and thus feel the need to do that part over and over. Take a step back and figure out what is really going on, the issue is obviously bothering you, so get to the bottom of it!

And thank you Dr Phil for that insight

I took a few guns on trade for non gun items that I "was gunna" keep,but after I looked them up on GB I'll be selling them at the show this weekend.
I have a few guns I can sell at any time. Then I have a few I'd never sell cause......they'll be $100 more next time I see one.

Since Dr Phil Chimed in,the difference with guns is you can't always try them before the purchase. Well most times you can't. Soooo,we guys see a nice shinny object and we need to have it.
We take it out shooting and it was,in fact just a nice looking shinny object,not a shooter.
Auction block it goes.

Or life happens and the good investment we made in guns affords us other niceties in life when we sell them,some times for a profit.

Before the latest rush Kel Tec posted that they were backlogged for a year on everything, not just the KSG.

Deen
NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member & Recruiter
Washington Arms Collectors Member
SouthWest Washington Arms Collectors Member
Second Amendment Foundation Member

Kel Tec used to have an MSRP on the KSG, as you said, of around $800, it's now $1,197. They say it's due to the threat of a ban on it and the amount of R&D money they need to recover. If the ban threat goes away the price will come down.

Deen
NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member & Recruiter
Washington Arms Collectors Member
SouthWest Washington Arms Collectors Member
Second Amendment Foundation Member

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR