JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You just haven't found something that "fits" yet. I did the same till I found my Sig P229. I would recommend trying out a Sig P226/229 or a HK USP and I think that you will find one that you want to keep :s0155:

I have an even worse problem. I always buy a handgun and it's perfect, and I want another one. The only handgun I've ever fired that I didn't want was a S&W .500. They're just stupid.

My problem is that once I get a new firearm, I start thinking about what my next one will be.

Wait, you only think about the next one? I've got at least 4 or 5 on that list! Before I got married, I made a rule, 1 new gun a year. Unfortunately, it's backfired a little, she's limiting me to only one!

Hah! @ solv3nt - I'm married over 20 years now, so you know why I go one at a time too!

I've got to prioritize... I kind of want a Colt 6920, mostly because it might get banned, other than that, my next will be a Colt Series 70 1911, followed by either a Freedom Arms 454 or Ruger Redhawk to go along with my Super Blackhawk, that or the 6920, too many choices!

I know exactly what the next 15-17 firearms I will buy are. There might be others bought along the way. But that normal. I buy what I want when I can afford it and I try to find the best deal. Since I know what I want it makes it easier when I can look for a good deal on a dozen or more different firearms. if I manage to get X amount of fun money in my hand I look for the best deal on something that that amount of money will buy. Recently I found myself with $800.00 in my pocket and I went looking by the end of the day I had a Remington R1 that had been upgraded with a Wilson Trigger and Hammer and Beavertail and had some action work done on it. The deal included the old parts and 8 magazines. I got it for less then the Pistol would have been at a local dealer. I doubt the pistol has a box of ammo through it.

By knowing what I want and want to keep I am able to be flexable about what I buy. The results are typically I spend less and enjoy more.

I always get a new handgun and always seem to want to trade it for something else. I dont know what is wrong with me. Right now I have a Xdm 4.25 9mm and love it but I have the urge for something else already.

It sound's like you have the same disease as most of us on here.G.A.D = GUN AQUISITION DISORDER. DONT WORRY IT"S A GOOD PROBLEM TO HAVE.

It sound's like you have the same disease as most of us on here.G.A.D = GUN AQUISITION DISORDER. DONT WORRY IT"S A GOOD PROBLEM TO HAVE.

Guitar players call it GAS - Guitar Acquisition Syndrome; it works for guns as well by replacing 'gun' with 'guitar.' Me? I leave 'G' generic as I love both guitars and guns! :)

Heck, I'll admit it. I'm just a materialistic gun whore. When my boys were young, my wife used to keep her jewelry in the gun safe. She kept opening it periodically and although back then she couldn't tell them apart, she could count. The other problem was my youngest, then five, had a habit of running out and yelling to his mother, "...daddy got a new gun...". It took some training, but the oldest taught the youngest that if he kept telling Mom they wouldn't be included in seeing the new guns. I then trained them both to always respond to mom when she asked why we needed a new firearm with, "...Mom, you can never have to many weapons...". Well my oldest son now has his own safe and my youngest and I share two safes at home. Since I retired last May I have slowed a little, but it's difficult with the shortages to meet the Liberals proposed restrictions of only one gun a month. I'm sure as Obamacare kicks in more I will have to cut back, but for now I'm happy. Las two purchases were a Springfield XDS .45 and an Armalite AR-10, oh and my SWR Spectre II suppressor cane in after 7 months. Nice to be old....

My problem is apparently called "Hey, can I look at that?". Today I was at my favorite gun store because they had an LPK that I wanted on sale. Everything was going fine until I spotted a KSG on the wall. No, can't be. Do they even exist in real life? "Hey, can I look at that?" No way I'm going to spend that kind of money, but I just have to check it out. I'll probably never see one again for a year. Wow, look how they engineered the trigger - no wonder it's so smooth and short for a bullpup. Man, this is nice. What kind of sights would I put on something like this? Probably keep it simple and go with a set of Magpul MBUS. Like the ones on the hanger over there. Aw, crap. Guess I should at least haggle a little.

So I've got all of the factory gunk out of her and some iron (well, polymer) sights mounted. Going to do the shakedown cruise tomorrow afternoon.

I really don't know what kind of problem you have. But I must suggest you about the problem don't make yourself conscious for your gun just keep general maintenance. I am using my glock gun back 6 months for hunting I use it atlist two or three times in a week I didn't face any problem regarding my glock.

could be worse. watch addiction is financially 100x worse than guns.

I found the perfect colt 1911 defender .45. I could dump my xd in a second, I'll prob never shoot it again save for home defense. my colt AR is perfect. could go for a larger caliber AR rifle if I had an endless budget and a semi auto 12 gauge but no desire to buy more for now. reg priced ammo is a bigger deal.

its the Rolex that calls me.

My problem seems to be that I go in to purchase ammo or look for a holster and somehow one of the guns on my "to buy list", that never seems to get any shorter for some reason, follows me home. Not sure how that keeps happening.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top