JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
at least it seems like she may have read your letter, i've sent a few to Earl Blumenauer and it is obvious that he (or his aids) never even read what i sent. this was his response to me urging him to support the SHARE act, concealed reciprocity and not support any new gun control bills. this abomination was his reply:

EARL BLUMENAUER
Third District, Oregon

COMMITTEE ON WAYS AND MEANS

View attachment 444111
View attachment 444112 WASHINGTON OFFICE:
1111 Longworth Building
Washington, DC 20515
(202) 225-4811

DISTRICT OFFICE:
911 NE 11th Ave
Suite 200
Portland, OR 97232
(503) 231-2300

March 23, 2018

Dear Peter Miller,

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns about gun violence. I deeply care about this issue. Like you, my heart aches each time we have another horrific shooting. We've seen these acts of violence recently in Oregon at the Clackamas Town Center, Reynolds High School, and Umpqua Community College. And now, two years later, the nation witnessed terrifying carnage in Las Vegas and most recently in Parkland, Florida.

Violent gun crime is a public health emergency. It's outrageous that Congress has failed to act to prevent more tragedies. Instead, Republican leadership has been working on bills like the SHARE Act, which would make it easier for people to buy dangerous gun accessories such as silencers and body-armor piercing bullets. If the GOP leadership had their way, they would continue to do the NRA's bidding, further deregulating gun sales and removing critical safety requirements for concealed carry permits.

We need to act now to prevent gun violence.

We all know that there is no one action that will solve this problem but there are simple, commonsense steps we can take that will make a difference. In 2015, I released a report, Enough is Enough, to address the epidemic of gun violence. A number of these recommendations have legislation in the House that I am supporting. You can also find more information about specific legislation on my website at <broken link removed>.

Many of these actions and others listed below could reduce murder rates by up to 50 percent, according to experts at Johns Hopkins University.

· Keeping guns from the most dangerous users by closing the "private sale loophole" and implementing comprehensive and uniform background checks;
· Having law enforcement follow up with each person who fails the background check;
· Restricting assault weapons and high capacity magazines that are unsafe in any public space;
· Improving our mental health system to make it more accessible and available, and enhancing our capacity to help individuals with mental illness;
· Repealing the Dickey Amendment and authorizing research on gun violence to allow us to fully understand the impact and implications of current policies;
· Making sure guns are tested and regulated to ensure consistency and product safety for consumers;
· Empowering health care professionals to discuss all matters that affect their patients' health, including gun ownership;
· Ensuring better regulation for gun dealers and focusing compliance on the few unscrupulous gun dealers;
· Enforcing existing gun laws by not letting the gun lobby undermine enforcement agencies;
· Requiring that people purchasing a gun have liability insurance; and
· Providing resources for first responders, schools, and public facilities personnel to deal with active-shooter situations.

It's time that we get more than just moments of silence - we need legislation passed now. Our country is more than ready for Congress to take meaningful steps to reduce gun violence. There are concrete actions that almost everyone can agree on. It's past time to address this issue and stop the slaughter.

Thank you for your advocacy and support for greater gun safety.
Sincerely,
View attachment 444113
Earl Blumenauer
Member of Congress

I remember Earl the commie from years ago hen I as in Oregon. A first class bubblegum hat

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top