JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Something to consider with Bills , Laws , Restrictions and the like....

Maybe the vague wording , wrong terminology , broad blanket statements , etc....
Are all done intentionally so as to leave the Bill , Law , etc.. open to interpretation..
So as to sow discord as well as providing the legal tool for overreaching and abuse of power.
Plus, they might just be stupid.

Re purchasing a lower by itself. Seems to me that if there is an example of a bolt gun or single shot or whatever that uses an AR lower, and none of the other banned features such as flash hider, then lowers could be purchased legally. It would be a part that the buyer intends to build a WA-legal gun with.
Yes, but... I don't think "they" understand that.

My guess is that post-ban any AR lower alone will be looked at as constructive possession.

Re purchasing a lower by itself. Seems to me that if there is an example of a bolt gun or single shot or whatever that uses an AR lower, and none of the other banned features such as flash hider, then lowers could be purchased legally. It would be a part that the buyer intends to build a WA-legal gun with.
The intent of the Democrats and their ilk is to ban ALL firearms. Semi-autos are just the most current stepping stone. There isn't an Amendment to the Bill of Rights that they wouldn't repeal or re-write.

The intent of the Democrats and their ilk is to ban ALL firearms. Semi-autos are just the most current stepping stone. There isn't an Amendment to the Bill of Rights that they wouldn't repeal or re-write.
Correct, an then "evil bolt-action sniper rifles" will be next for their "lethal accuracy meant only for murdering other human beings." Don't take my word for it, I've linked to their playbooks and you can read it straight from the horse's mouth.

It's a given that people who write legislation have no understanding of the topic they are legislating. Seems to be a requirement these days.
This is often because the law makers never read the laws they vote on. They used to hide this. Last couple decades they have started to openly brag that they do not read what they vote on. They also make bills that look like a book for just this reason. Then pretend they had nothing to do with the mess they create because the idiots who vote for them put them back in office. So again we get just what we deserve. :s0092:

Back in the days of Usenet we used to see some who would use a filter for anyone who did not share their opinion. Works great although now and then they would wonder why there was so little traffic. They could not figure out it was because they chose to ignore almost everyone. :s0092:
Call me crazy, but I want to hear conflicting opinions. Can't look at all sides of the issue if everyone sees everything the same way. If I wanted to live in an echo chamber, I'd watch the news.

Conflicting opinions are good to read, but insults devalue them.

"This is how a smart person like me thinks, so if you don't agree, you're an idiot."

Bruce

Call me crazy, but I want to hear conflicting opinions. Can't look at all sides of the issue if everyone sees everything the same way. If I wanted to live in an echo chamber, I'd watch the news.
That is exactly why I read "news" from many sources also. I read it at places I know full well have a VERY left slant. Its nice to see how they chose to tell the stories and also which ones they chose to ignore. While there are people here I tend to just skip past I like to let all of it through. Makes for interesting reading. Many can't take seeing anyone who does not agree with them and get super butthurt if anyone does not agree. For them? Filtering out all who do not sound like them seems to make life happy for them so great.

Conflicting opinions are good to read, but insults devalue them.

"This is how a smart person like me thinks, so if you don't agree, you're an idiot."

Bruce
THAT is normally the only time the staff here steps in. People who do not agree they will normally allow the conversation to go on. When some who get all butthurt react with emotion and can't control themselves its when the staff will step in. Sadly they often shut down and entire thread due to a couple people who just never grew up which is sad.

Unlimited supply of it to waste.
They should be held personally responsible for all the taxpayer money that they waste.
The only long term solution really is this. There needs to be a law and/or initiative that "qualified immunity" for government officials does not apply when violating constitutional rights. It is already case law for law enforcement who do that; it is not an insurmountable legal path to get that to apply to other government officials and agents, elected or appointed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top