JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess it's time to bring out the "Twins"

1692151599962-jpeg.jpg

I think the problem here is that it will be difficult to point out, in court, to the judge, just how stupid, biased and ignorant he is without insulting him which would not go well.

It is obvious he is fishing for reasons to uphold the ban.

Leave them loaded over a period of time and the springs will relax enough you can get the other 5 in.

I have no interest in carrying less ammo than the maximum magazines can hold.

People who've been there and done that can chime in, but seems like the only people who feel like they had too much ammo were either on fire, or had to try to stay above water swimming.
The only problem I have had is getting the last round in - maybe the last two rounds if the spring is an extra power spring - such as the Wolff springs I put in my SIG 227 mags to fix their feeding problems.

BUT, But, but......

I thought that the LEFTIES were mad at us because, we bought too many guns.

Aloha, Mark

PS........

Not to mention that, In places where one gun a month is law. Well, it'll take over a year, just to accumulate 15. Duh....

The only problem I have had is getting the last round in - maybe the last two rounds if the spring is an extra power spring - such as the Wolff springs I put in my SIG 227 mags to fix their feeding problems.
They make mag loaders to assist with loading, works well for people who lack the hand/thumb strength to load their mags. (No slight intended)

They make mag loaders to assist with loading, works well for people who lack the hand/thumb strength to load their mags. (No slight intended)
It is not so much about strength as it is the last round just won't fit sometimes. Also, some guns won't let you load a full mag into the gun with the slide closed.

I need to cut the Wolff spring on my 227 mags - it is too long - the spring is for a Para Ord 14.

It is not so much about strength as it is the last round just won't fit sometimes. Also, some guns won't let you load a full mag into the gun with the slide closed.

I need to cut the Wolff spring on my 227 mags - it is too long - the spring is for a Para Ord 14.
Yep, that's a whole lot of mess I'd want to avoid. If something doesn't function properly straight from the factory, I'd never carry it.

Yep, that's a whole lot of mess I'd want to avoid. If something doesn't function properly straight from the factory, I'd never carry it.
The 227 14 round mags were troublesome - the 10 rd flush mags work fine. If you swap the springs in the 14rd mags then they work fine too - except you lose 1-2 rds of capacity, so pruning a coil or so off the spring at the bottom helps - I hope (I have not got around to it yet).

With a mag loader that fits your magazine you can load the mags faster as well as all the way. You can't depend on your 15 round mags to function in an emergency with 15 rounds if you normally only load them with ten. And if you are going to bother owning a plastic wonder instead of a much more beautiful classier revolver, why not at least get the full use of the plastic wonder's virtues? You may figure you're too old to get drafted. But you are never too old to need to need to defend yourself against undomesticated domestic aholes. And do you have just one Glock mag? Arent Glock owners obligated to have at least about 50? And you have just the one Glock? I thought they invariably multiplied. Sorta like unfixed female cats and houseplants.
I feel attacked

I feel attacked
I was trying to play-attack @gmerkt . But if you want in, @Elv8DM okay. Do you have one and only one Glock and one and only one Glock magazine? How did you manage that?

I bought a high capacity plastic wonder, a CZ P07 about a month ago. It came with 7 17-round mags. I've already bought 4 more mags-- 10-rounders in case our laws change or I want to go visit my bro in CA. If I could afford it I would have bought three more 17-rounders, ten 15-rounders, and ten 10-rounders instead of just 4 10-rounders and would be up to 30 mags. None of my revolvers has ever demanded more than three speedloaders. Furthermore, the 07 not only wants a suppressor, which is reasonable since it's threaded. It also says it wants a complete Cajun Gunworks upgrade. Yipe. While it does want the spendy upper class upgrade and more mags, at least it is happy alone with my revolvers. Its not demanding I get more CZs to keep it company. So things could be worse. If I'd have bought a Glock it would probably be demanding at least three or four more Glocks for company. And each of them would probably want 50 magazines.

So, @Elv8DM , what's your secret? How do you manage to have just one Glock and one magazine? Are you super monogamous or something?

Last Edited:
With a mag loader that fits your magazine you can load the mags faster as well as all the way. You can't depend on your 15 round mags to function in an emergency with 15 rounds if you normally only load them with ten. And if you are going to bother owning a plastic wonder instead of a much more beautiful classier revolver, why not at least get the full use of the plastic wonder's virtues?
I have just the one plastic automatic; I much prefer my Smith & Wesson revolvers that you describe. The Glock sits around, mostly and this is a reason I don't see a need to load the mag to its full capacity. The irony here is, the handgun I would choose first for defense would be one of the revolvers, which I am more proficient with. And which has way less than 15 or even 10 rounds available for use. My grandson likes to shoot the Glock.

Going on 70th year, bad heart/lungs, bad back & neuropathy, failing eyesight, occasional migraines (especially when doing something streuous), half deaf - generally out of shape and trying to get back into shape would probably result in a heart attack and/or stroke.

But I load up mags to capacity or capacity minus one.
Peripheral neuropathy in my hands is a main reason I don't like to load the Glock mags to the fullest. I'm pretty fumbly these days.

Leave them loaded over a period of time and the springs will relax enough you can get the other 5 in.

I have no interest in carrying less ammo than the maximum magazines can hold.
Noted.

They make mag loaders to assist with loading, works well for people who lack the hand/thumb strength to load their mags.
One of these came with my Glock 19. I've toyed around with it. My initial impression is that it wasn't to much advantage. But I assume that practice would be of benefit to me.

One of these came with my Glock 19. I've toyed around with it. My initial impression is that it wasn't to much advantage. But I assume that practice would be of benefit to me.
The ones that come from the factory are garbage. Using a Lula loaded is quite nice though!

As a former resident, I can tell you permits are reserved for those with the correct political connections. No connection, no permit. It's just that simple. Police chiefs and the state attorney general hold all the power concerning concealed carry permits in Little Rhody…
I think I've told the following story before. One of my long-time pals later was the finance director of a city in so. California city. He funded purchases for the police dept. Sometimes he had to do some creative accounting to get them the vehicles and other stuff that they wanted. After one such maneuver, the police chief said, "Any time I can do something for you, just let me know." My friend said, "There is one thing you can do for me. Get me a concealed weapon permit." The police chief replied, "That's the one thing that I can't do."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews