JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nothing like a line of worthless bull$hit from an apparently worthless legislator. Just take note of WHERE she intends to go with her agenda.
I just told her (and murray and newhouse) to vote no if there was ANY anti-gun/2A anything in any future stimulus bills and her answer is below. I say 'told' because she's "supposed" to work for me but as you can see, she's just in it for herself.

FWIW I'd advise everyone to get off their duff, get pro-active and tell/call/write/visit your legislators to vote no if/and/or pelosi or anyone is looking to insert ANY anti-gun/2A into ANY future stimulus bills. I already wrote/ranted on this site & I still believe the premise of any anti-gun hoo-rah by pelosi or anyone else is that stupid johnny b video that EVERYONE is believing is bull$$$hit! I've yet to see any FACTS that verify the video claims. Feel free to prove me wrong. Please????

In the meantime, you can contact your rep here via an email with an ACTUAL email addy instead of the form mail hogwash.. Let them KNOW your views/opinions!

Dan

Dear Mr. Deckert,
Thank you for contacting me to share your thoughts regarding gun violence prevention. I appreciate hearing from you on this important matter.

I was deeply saddened by the mass shootings that occurred in El Paso, Dayton, and most recently in downtown Seattle, Washington. I extend my sympathies to all those impacted by these tragic events. I will keep pressing this Administration and my colleagues in Congress to do more to stop the rise in crimes rooted in hate. These events represent an extraordinarily dark moment in our nation's history that we have seen all too often.

While I support the Second Amendment, I also continue to believe that Congress must enact legislation to make our country safer. In 2014, Washington state voters approved Initiative 594, which mandates universal background checks for every person who purchases a gun in the State. At the national level, I continue to believe that Congress must enact legislation immediately that achieves the same goal. I am cosponsoring S. 42, the Background Check Expansion Act. If enacted, this legislation would establish background check requirements for the sale or transfer of all firearms. This act would also close the gun show loophole, which allows an individual to purchase a firearm from gun shows or online retailers without needing to first undergo a background check. The House passed its version of this bill, H.R. 8, in February 2019 and it awaits consideration in the Senate.

As you may know, Washington state voters in 2016 approved Initiative 1491, which authorizes extreme risk protection orders against at-risk individuals who possess a firearm, commonly known as red flag laws. Similarly in the United States Senate, I am cosponsoring S. 506, the Extreme Risk Protection Order Act of 2019. This legislation would provide grants to states so they can develop court processes to allow family members or law enforcement to limit a person's access to firearms if they are deemed a potential threat to the public or themselves.

Additionally, I continue to believe that research into gun violence is important and should be conducted. Therefore, I am a proud cosponsor of S.184, the Gun Violence Prevention Research Act. This bill authorizes $50 million annually from 2020-2025 to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to conduct or support research on firearms safety or gun violence prevention. This bill has been referred to the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions (HELP) where it awaits further consideration.

I believe it is time for Members of Congress to set aside our differences and recommit ourselves to stop the rise in hate across our country and also to enact sensible gun reforms that will protect all Americans.
Thank you again for contacting me to share your thoughts on this matter. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
Maria Cantwell
United States Senator

Nothing like a line of worthless bull$hit from an apparently worthless legislator. Just take note of WHERE she intends to go with her agenda.
I just told her (and murray and newhouse) to vote no if there was ANY anti-gun/2A anything in any future stimulus bills and her answer is below. I say 'told' because she's "supposed" to work for me but as you can see, she's just in it for herself.

FWIW I'd advise everyone to get off their duff, get pro-active and tell/call/write/visit your legislators to vote no if/and/or pelosi or anyone is looking to insert ANY anti-gun/2A into ANY future stimulus bills. I already wrote/ranted on this site & I still believe the premise of any anti-gun hoo-rah by pelosi or anyone else is that stupid johnny b video that EVERYONE is believing is bull$$$hit! I've yet to see any FACTS that verify the video claims. Feel free to prove me wrong. Please????

In the meantime, you can contact your rep here via an email with an ACTUAL email addy instead of the form mail hogwash.. Let them KNOW your views/opinions!

Dan

Dear Mr. Deckert,
Thank you for contacting me to share your thoughts regarding gun violence prevention. I appreciate hearing from you on this important matter.

I was deeply saddened by the mass shootings that occurred in El Paso, Dayton, and most recently in downtown Seattle, Washington. I extend my sympathies to all those impacted by these tragic events. I will keep pressing this Administration and my colleagues in Congress to do more to stop the rise in crimes rooted in hate. These events represent an extraordinarily dark moment in our nation's history that we have seen all too often.

While I support the Second Amendment, I also continue to believe that Congress must enact legislation to make our country safer. In 2014, Washington state voters approved Initiative 594, which mandates universal background checks for every person who purchases a gun in the State. At the national level, I continue to believe that Congress must enact legislation immediately that achieves the same goal. I am cosponsoring S. 42, the Background Check Expansion Act. If enacted, this legislation would establish background check requirements for the sale or transfer of all firearms. This act would also close the gun show loophole, which allows an individual to purchase a firearm from gun shows or online retailers without needing to first undergo a background check. The House passed its version of this bill, H.R. 8, in February 2019 and it awaits consideration in the Senate.

As you may know, Washington state voters in 2016 approved Initiative 1491, which authorizes extreme risk protection orders against at-risk individuals who possess a firearm, commonly known as red flag laws. Similarly in the United States Senate, I am cosponsoring S. 506, the Extreme Risk Protection Order Act of 2019. This legislation would provide grants to states so they can develop court processes to allow family members or law enforcement to limit a person's access to firearms if they are deemed a potential threat to the public or themselves.

Additionally, I continue to believe that research into gun violence is important and should be conducted. Therefore, I am a proud cosponsor of S.184, the Gun Violence Prevention Research Act. This bill authorizes $50 million annually from 2020-2025 to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to conduct or support research on firearms safety or gun violence prevention. This bill has been referred to the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions (HELP) where it awaits further consideration.

I believe it is time for Members of Congress to set aside our differences and recommit ourselves to stop the rise in hate across our country and also to enact sensible gun reforms that will protect all Americans.
Thank you again for contacting me to share your thoughts on this matter. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
Maria Cantwell
United States Senator
We should put a flaming bag of poop on her porch.

Dan

Dear Mr. Deckert,

Sincerely,
Maria Cantwell
United States Senator
I met her once professionally....she was the most disengenuos person I've ever known. Complete liar.

Since I can't resist...here's my query back to her. Doubtful she'll reply but I'd sure like to read the bill her & those other idiots are proposing.
Maria,
Apparently you've forgotten that I'm your employer & you're MY employee!
Why you dredge up old data that has nothing to do with my request to reject any & all anti-gun and anti-second amendment in ANY future stimulus bills is an utter waste of time and nothing more than a distraction. Unfortunately for the public, elected officials are more focused on what they want vs. what makes sense as a better policy for the people they're "supposed" to represent.

I told you to vote NO on ANY future stimulus bills that include ANYTHING related to anti-gun and/or anti-2nd amendment issues and you come back with, "While I support the Second Amendment, I also continue to believe that Congress must enact legislation to make our country safer." If you want to make our country safer, then QUIT trying to rescind/revoke/amend everyones constitutional rights for Christs sake! Your ideas of 'safer' and the publics are apparently at opposite ends when it comes to common sense legislation. There's an oxymoron...common sense legislation by a legislative body.

I'll fore-go discussing the asinine gun laws that passed in this state and created a bureaucracy that's virtually worthless in fighting crime. Instead let's see about your S. 42, the Background Check Expansion Act that you're co-sponsoring. Regardless of how this 'proposed' S. 42 bill might read, (can't wait to read it) tell me just how this new bill will reduce crime and not hinder or impede lawful gun owners?

You, and those around you that you work with, can make all the laws in the world but they don't mean jack-diddley when criminals don't obey them do they? Murder, DUI, rape, theft, etc, etc are against the law but sure hasn't stopped the criminals has it? Gee, I wonder why? After all, it's against the law.

My point being, BEFORE you, and those other legislators go making more bureaucratic bureaucracy, why don't you stop and think where your decisions will lead and just how effective those decisions will be in reducing crime! Hindering or impeding lawful gun owners is NOT a solution!

Dan

I understand your frustration, but immediately after some aide reads:

"Apparently you've forgotten that I'm your employer & you're MY employee!"

The reading will immediately stop and your missive will be dumped into the trash with the rest of your effort promptly dismissed...

Years ago, a friend told me ya hafta know how to tell people to go to hell and have them walk away smiling...

I never learned how to accomplish that as I'm (and you too) are far too direct...feels good to be so, but if the offending party doesn't read or listen what have you gained?

The typical response from politicians who believes that the constitution actually says.....

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, unless I say it's reasonable.

Aloha, Mark

I understand your frustration, but immediately after some aide reads:
"Apparently you've forgotten that I'm your employer & you're MY employee!"
The reading will immediately stop and your missive will be dumped into the trash with the rest of your effort promptly dismissed...
Years ago, a friend told me ya hafta know how to tell people to go to hell and have them walk away smiling...
I never learned how to accomplish that as I'm (and you too) are far too direct...feels good to be so, but if the offending party doesn't read or listen what have you gained?
I did & have learned how to tell them where & when to go. But sometimes you have have to shove a foot up their a$$ to get their attention. The fact she even responded is next to parting the red sea.
I'm retired union ironworker and approach problems head on and could care less if my views/opinions pi$$ you off.

I could care less what the hired help likes or dislikes because what I sent is a matter of public record. If said legislator denies ever getting my input, then guess what, they're now a liar in public.

Believe me when I say I understand what you're saying but sometimes we have to be more forceful to get our points across. Cantwell nor Murray never seem to be able to grasp that. This reply from Maria is the 1st one of some 35 or 40 msgs I've sent her. Irrespective of the fact she skirted my original question, she did answer.
I need to call my state rep & ask him how his assistant handles things like this.

Dan

Well again, just as how did WA get the last couple Governors we have? Gun owners put them in office. Every time Patty and Maria run they have an opponent. Every time you see a bunch of gun owners proudly tell you they were (insert favorite line) not good enough so they were not going to lower their standards and vote for them. So Patty, Maria, and the current Governor run they win. Then gun owners who sat home, or threw away their vote blame the we are outnumbered tired old line. Unless this changes we can count on people like this winning over and over again. :mad:
Every time I hear the we are outnumbered and can't win I ask, so why is it years after some new anti gun law goes in I still hear gun owners say they had no idea the law went in? Because the sat home and refused to get involved.

^^^ What he said!
Now go read this below. Time to write your rep again..It's not in the senate(yet) but in the house.

Titles: H.R.6318 — 116th Congress (2019-2020)All Information (Except Text)
Short Titles

Short Titles - House of Representatives
Short Titles as Introduced

Urban Progress Act of 2020
Short Titles as Introduced for portions of this bill
  • Background Check Completion Act
  • Child Poverty Reduction Act of 2020
  • Community College to Career Fund Act
  • Community Investment and Empowerment Act
  • Fair Chance for Youth Act of 2020
  • Hadiya Pendleton and Nyasia Pryear-Yard Gun Trafficking and Crime Prevention Act of 2018
  • Hire For a Second Chance Act of 2020
  • Keeping Guns from High-Risk Individuals Act
  • Promote Start-Ups Act of 2020
  • Rental Assistance Housing Preservation and Rehabilitation Act of 2020
  • Safe Streets and Representative Police Forces Act of 2015
  • Strengthening Gun Checks Act of 2018
  • Youth PROMISE Act
  • Youth Prison Reduction through Opportunities, Mentoring, Intervention, Support, and Education Act
  • Youth Summer Jobs and Public Service Act of 2020

Dan

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews