JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One of these came with my Glock 19. I've toyed around with it. My initial impression is that it wasn't to much advantage. But I assume that practice would be of benefit to me.
The free ones suck, you'd want a uplula. I'm on the younger side of this forum, and don't need it. My father-in-law greatly benefited from using one.

Peripheral neuropathy in my hands is a main reason I don't like to load the Glock mags to the fullest. I'm pretty fumbly these days.
Being an Aspie, I have always been "fumbly" and clumsy in general - plus procioception issues (I am always running into things and banging/scraping myself up). Getting older and weaker only makes it worse for me - I have to be careful when stumbling around on the log piles setting the choker to drag logs out so I can cut them up - I have more than my share of scrapes/scratches and bruises now and I wonder what the LMT will think tomorrow when I go in for my chiro appt (she already mentioned one scrape on my shoulder).

But mostly I don't have problems when shooting handguns (I am especially careful with those) - I do have some carpal tunnel with my right hand (due to decades of using a mouse) and an issue with my right shoulder (endo off a bicycle and landing on my shoulder) - both cause slight tremors in my fingers sometimes but not serious.

Getting older and weaker only makes it worse
It sure does. Probably somewhere down the list of Murphy's Law rules is, "An object picked up shall be dropped no less than once."

The fumbly fingers problem has manifested itself in the reloading process. I find myself dropping more bullets on the floor. Instead of picking them up one by one, now I wait until the end of a run, then pick up all the dropped bullets at one time. After all, getting up from the floor is more difficult now as well.

I have good days and bad. Back in February, I cut, carried rounds, split, carried splits, and stacked several cords of wood. Previously, I'd sold my power splitter, so this was all hand split. It took the arthritis in my hands a couple of months to settle down some. But no back or other issues. Maybe a touch of tendonitis in one elbow. Then in July, I woke up one morning and couldn't walk. For no good reason, my back decided not to work. That cleared up after a few weeks. You wouldn't think there would be a connection after an interim of several months. I'm more inclined to think it was an example of how a failure in some part of your body doesn't need a specific reason to crop up.

But mostly I don't have problems when shooting handguns
I've mentioned this here before, I'm no longer able to safely shoot 1911's in 10mm Auto or .45 ACP. Because I cannot hold onto them with enough strength to adequately control them. I kept a 1911 in 9mm, no problems with that. And, the magazine is a lot easier to load than the Glock.

It sure does. Probably somewhere down the list of Murphy's Law rules is, "An object picked up shall be dropped no less than once."

The fumbly fingers problem has manifested itself in the reloading process. I find myself dropping more bullets on the floor. Instead of picking them up one by one, now I wait until the end of a run, then pick up all the dropped bullets at one time. After all, getting up from the floor is more difficult now as well.
Yup - I have variations of that - I noticed this morning I dropped the tongs while loading rounds into the truck and I had problems trying to pick it up with my right arm, so I picked it up with my left. My whole right side, head to toe is FUBAR.

I have good days and bad. Back in February, I cut, carried rounds, split, carried splits, and stacked several cords of wood. Previously, I'd sold my power splitter, so this was all hand split. It took the arthritis in my hands a couple of months to settle down some. But no back or other issues. Maybe a touch of tendonitis in one elbow. Then in July, I woke up one morning and couldn't walk. For no good reason, my back decided not to work. That cleared up after a few weeks. You wouldn't think there would be a connection after an interim of several months. I'm more inclined to think it was an example of how a failure in some part of your body doesn't need a specific reason to crop up.
Pinched nerves - a sneeze or whatever - can cause shooting pains, especially when walking/standing. Between the pinched nerve in my sacro and my heart/lungs, walking any real distance - say more than a quarter mile - up an incline, becomes an issue - it is why I gave up hunting 20 years ago when the back pain got to be too much walking down hills - back then I was in ok shape, but after several days I could not walk down an incline without shooting pains.

This week I have been using my inversion table at least once a day to get a release in my back - still have pain, but at least I can walk more than a few feet without the shooting pains.

I cut about 10-20 rounds then the bending over is too much for my back, so I get in the truck and relax for about 5-10 minutes, cool down, and then rinse/repeat. Then it is loading the rounds in the truck - same routine. After about an hour or two of that - depending on how warm it is - I've had enough and drive the truck back home (up the back road and then down paved road to my house, from my back acreage - about 1 mile). Then I take a break for an hour, and if it isn't too hot out, I go split/stack wood - taking frequent breaks.

Tomorrow massage & chiro.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR