JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can't win around here. If react after the fact you get criticized for waiting to long to prepare. If you try to prepare in advance, you hear statements like you just made. Not sure where the goldilocks action lies but I am sure somebody will have a critique no matter what stage you react to.
Speculating on what might be their rule, a few days before their rule is made public, is a waste of time and energy Imo. The rule will come out very soon and then we have until April to dissect it.

I can understand how you feel but, you have to remember the people running around hair on fire screaming the sky is falling play right into the anti rights peoples hands. MANY just pay almost zero attention to what is going on. Legacy media keeps them in the dark. So when they do see people hair on fire sky is falling yelling and something does not happen? They soon stop paying attention to any warnings until its too late. So it is best to wait till something is in writing to start warning people of it.
I suspect it's more of a situation where some people simply like to criticize others. In one thread they will be who cares, the gov can eat a bag of d... In another thread they will tell you to SBR it instead of taking the risk of running it as a pistol.

I suspect it's more of a situation where some people simply like to criticize others. In one thread they will be who cares, the gov can eat a bag of d... In another thread they will tell you to SBR it instead of taking the risk of running it as a pistol.
Well yes there is a LOT of that on the net. Believe me this group is NOTHING to what it was like in the days of the open forums where anyone could say anything. Maybe that's why I laugh so much off so easy? Came to the net in the days of the Usenet Boards where anyone who could figure out how to get on could pretty much just say anything. Only "moderation" was your service provider. People had to get really over the top to get the provider to even warn them to dial it back. I enjoyed it back then.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and my opinion is based on whether on not something makes sense to me.

As I understand what the ATF has "published" I am lead to believe that simply removing the brace an AR Pistol will meet the Litmus Test. I also thought I read/heard that the brace must also be destroyed, but........?

In most cases one will be left with a buffer tube with adjustment notches that will earn you 1 point on the ATF Worksheet 4999. What I am not clear on is if this work sheet will still apply to a firearm that does not have a brace attached since it is aimed at firearms "with attached stabilizing braces", or will they just revert back to current code which makes no mention of "adjustment notches", or will they amend "adjustment notches" and other "peripherals" into the current code. Should make some interesting reading.

One thing to note involving measurements of a "pistol" is the length of pull and overall length (they do go hand in hand). I spent a lot of time with form 4999 and a tape measure before the Pistol Brace Rule came out, and what I found was that standard a mil spec buffer tube with with not more than a 10.5" barrel was in compliance (less than 26" OAL) and garnered 0 points on the 4999 for such.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and my opinion is based on whether on not something makes sense to me.

As I understand what the ATF has "published" I am lead to believe that simply removing the brace an AR Pistol will meet the Litmus Test. I also thought I read/heard that the brace must also be destroyed, but........?

In most cases one will be left with a buffer tube with adjustment notches that will earn you 1 point on the ATF Worksheet 4999. What I am not clear on is if this work sheet will still apply to a firearm that does not have a brace attached since it is aimed at firearms "with attached stabilizing braces", or will they just revert back to current code which makes no mention of "adjustment notches", or will they amend "adjustment notches" and other "peripherals" into the current code. Should make some interesting reading.

One thing to note involving measurements of a "pistol" is the length of pull and overall length (they do go hand in hand). I spent a lot of time with form 4999 and a tape measure before the Pistol Brace Rule came out, and what I found was that standard a mil spec buffer tube with with not more than a 10.5" barrel was in compliance (less than 26" OAL) and garnered 0 points on the 4999 for such.
The final rule has not come out yet

Speaking of removing the brace,
29AC639A-31C6-4209-A88F-716505B5D9B3.jpeg

I love recover tactical's foregrip mag holder. Really well made. I can't decide if I like it better with the spacer in it or mounted directly to the rail. Both feel fine to me. Plus you can put it on any gun that has rial on bottom and takes Glock mags, such as some PCCs.
sssshhhhh they(BATFE) are gonna look into them and ban them next

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads