JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Problem is, having the right can be negated by almost any judge/jury. And Soros-bought DA's with anti-gun agenda can put one thru a lot of crap and money. Go ahead with your plan. My plan is to avoid shooting somebody if I can and thus avoid all the headache, heartache, and monetary cost of defending my actions in court. And the OP's action proves that shooting was not only avoidable, but not necessary. Argumentum aside, you do you, and I'll do me.

Nah, I'll just admit to being confused at times and misattributing the comment. No biggie. Esp since we're so far off topic.
Why do you keep arguing with the FBI? Just ignore them. :D

This whole thread is why I stay the flock away from people. Add in some ignorant twats overfed, unsocialized, pampered, undiciplined "fur baby" and trouble is sure to ensue.

Being an introvert has some serious advantages sometimes.

Ok so we all might as well move to a red state now, i just got back from the sherifs office trying to get a report made so there is some form of a record this happened and they have no interest in doing it. I did ask a few questions on what i can legaly get away with and he recomended putting your hands up to block punches and yelling for help while trying to escape said if i would have happened to inured her before she injured me than legaly im the bad guy.
Body cam?

That's the same one I carry (in addition to edc) and have bear spray in the car also. It's nice to have non lethal options just in case it's needed imo.
Paradoxically, the use of pepper spray is illegal in war, because it is considered chemical warfare according to international statutes governing weapons of war. But it is legal when used by a private individual in self-defense situations if you feel your life or personal safety is at risk.

Paradoxically, the use of pepper spray is illegal in war, because it is considered chemical warfare according to international statutes governing weapons of war. But it is legal when used by a private individual in self-defense situations if you feel your life or personal safety is at risk.
Even international pacts and treaties are often written by people ignorant of the realities on the ground.

Even international pacts and treaties are often written by people ignorant of the realities on the ground.
Use of tear gas in war really isn't quite the same thing as use against a fellow citizen or dog, where the intent is to stop unacceptable behavior while leaving the object undamaged. In war, often the intent is to drive the enemy out of tunnels so they can be blown away with machine gun fire.

Wait a minute... WHY did we have to go in the chamber in BOOT!

Also, hollow points.
My understanding is that using non-hp ammo is actually not merely compassionate in that it causes fewer deaths. It is also strategically advantageous in war because there are more injuries instead of those deaths. The victim who is injured rather than dead is out of the war just as much as if he died for the next several months and maybe forever. Meanwhile, it takes more people and resources to get the victim off the battlefield and tend him in hospitals and rehab. At least that's what my dad told me.

My understanding is that using non-hp ammo is actually not merely compassionate in that it causes fewer deaths. It is also strategically advantageous in war because there are more injuries instead of those deaths. The victim who is injured rather than dead is out of the war just as much as if he died for the next several months and maybe forever. Meanwhile, it takes more people and resources to get the victim off the battlefield and tend him in hospitals and rehab. At least that's what my dad told me.
That's all true from the military point of view, but l don't think it was a major consideration at the Geneva Convention when NATO adopted the FMJ as the only acceptable type of ammo to be used by civilized dudes shooting at each other.

I wonder what NATO thought of the WWII exploding sniper round. :s0015:

That's pretty interesting. I'd never seen that before.

At the risk of being THAT guy, these were apparently used by non-NATO signatories Russia and Germany, primarily for sighting(?) and weren't designed as an anti-personnel round.

And let's be real, even signers onto the Geneva accords didn't follow the rules (looking at YOU, Japan).

We all know how unequivocally debased our enemies were, especially in the treatment of POWs and conquered civilian populations. A lot of people don't know that systematic rape and executions were written into Russian, German, and Japanese directives... the destruction of civilian lives and enslavement of the population was ordered straight from the top as a strategic op. Hell, they even did it to their own people. If ever there were evil that needed to be put down, the Axis powers and Soviet Russia were it.

Side note: Gen Patton's open disdain and public statements regarding his utter contempt and mistrust of our "ally", the USSR, was the reason he was removed from his post (he wanted to continue the war and finish off the Russians) and was scheduled to return to the states for retirement. He died of injuries sustained in a car accident in Germany before he made it home.
He was right all along.

Sorry... as interesting and engaging as battle and weapons history is, the intrigue and posturing of the major players during and after the war is every bit as weird and interesting... to me.

Sorry... as interesting and engaging as battle and weapons history is, the intrigue and posturing of the major players during and after the war is every bit as weird and interesting... to me.
It's interesting, a large portion of today's problems were caused by the treaties after the first and second world war. WWI placed Germany in dire straights, and was the cause of the European conflict.

After WWII, Russia was given a large swath of land, and Israel was created. Communism was later determined to be a problem for the free world, and the conflicts since WWII had been over communism or countries that were directly assisted by communist Russia; China, North Korea, Cuba, Vietnam, Iran, Afghanistan.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top