JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm going pirate if they are banned. Sell guns to both sides. Buy an Island and a big sailboat.

Because...

Outlaw.jpg

They will never be able to ban milling machines, lathes, drill presses, hacksaws, files, etc.

When they ban or heavily regulate people get very innovative.

Now, who's to say you did not build it before the ban? Some of these 80%'s all you need to do is bend, drill 1 hole, or remove some material and then it is according to the BATFE a Complete Firearm.

Look at the 80%'s recently on the market and the pistols catering to ban states the Sig P229, Spectre Glock Clone, and many many more in the works.

Even the old 80% 1911's the tooling is becoming simpler to use for the kitchen table builders.

The AR-15 they have a item called the Ar15mold or freedom-15 you can make a poly lower with virtually no tools in the wife's kitchen I seen one and they seem to work just fine.

I know CA recently tried or is Trying to Ban Raw Material without a background check via AB 1673

Haven't read the whole thread - just the OP

They won't ban just one model of firearm, they would ban a list of firearms, and a list of features. So basically any centerfire semi-auto rifle with a capacity beyond X number of shots, and specifically any military style rifle. They would do like CA and have a list, and keep adding onto it.

So the next platform would be pumps and lever actions.

Before all of that, we would have registration and de-facto registration laws so that the gov. will know who has what, to facilitate confiscation/etc.

If they get the AR and AK they'll also get the hi cap removable mag semi auto "assault" like rifles. Then, mini 14 would look pretty good. The M1 isn't evil since it only holds 8 rounds of proven nazi killing 30-06. And yep the totally cute antiquated couldn't possibly hurt anyone lever gun.

This is what the anti-gun nuts want passed (aside from all out bans), from 2013:

https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2013R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/HB3200/Introduced

About the only thing that wasn't an assault weapon was .22's with tube magazines or lever actions. And no one after the act was passed could ever legally register said "assault weapon" if they inherited it.

So, tactical lever actions it is...

464 SPX - Centerfire Lever-Action Rifle | O.F. Mossberg & Sons (http://www.mossberg.com/product/464-spx-centerfire-lever-action-rifle-41026/)

Mini 14s and mini 30s are on the exempt list as long as it doesn't have a folding stock.

APPENDIX A—FIREARMS EXEMPTED BY THE ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN OF 2015

Centerfire Rifles—autoloaders

• "Benelli R1 Rifle

• "Browning BAR Mark II Safari Magnum Rifle

• "Browning BAR Mark II Safari Semi-Auto Rifle

• "Browning BAR Stalker Rifles

• "Browning High-Power Rifle

• "Browning Longtrac Rifle

• "Browning Shorttrac Rifle

• "Heckler & Koch HK630

• "Heckler & Koch HK770

• "Heckler & Koch HK940

• "Heckler & Koch Model 300 Rifle

• "Heckler & Koch SL7 Rifle

• "Iver Johnson 50th Anniversary M–1 Carbine (w/o folding stock)

• "Iver Johnson M–1 Carbine (w/o folding stock)

• "M–1 Carbines with standard fixed stock

• "M–1 Garand with fixed 8 round capacity and standard stock

• "Marlin Model 9 Camp Carbine

• "Marlin Model 45 Carbine

• "Remington Model 74

• "Remington Model 81

• "Remington Model 740

• "Remington Model 742

• "Remington Model 750 Synthetic

• "Remington Model 750 Woodmaster

• "Remington Model 7400 Rifle

• "Remington Model 7400 Special Purpose Auto Rifle

• "Remington Nylon 66 Auto-Loading Rifle

• "Ruger Mini 30

• "Ruger Mini-14 (w/o folding stock)

• "Ruger PC4

• "Ruger PC9

• "SKS type rifles with fixed 10 round magazine and standard fixed stock

• "Winchester Model SXR

Last Edited:
It's actually kind of funny, I modded a Marlin 1897 lever gun into a "Tacticool" Tacktitool by adding night sights, a Bayonet lug and bayonet, a "Tackicool" lever loop and single point sling! The perfect big bore "assault" hunting rifle when up in really big bear country! Prolly scare the bejezzus out of the anti's and firmly place it on the No GO list!

Why bother with banning individual firearms, or confiscations when meerly changing the wording in our self-defense laws would be so much more effective. You can keep any gun you want but if you ever used it in a way that harmed or threatened anyone the .gov would lock you away forever.

That's kind of the point there, Chief. Why bother going through all this trouble of allowing us plebs the possibility of a vote when a simple administrative rule change to existing self-defense laws would nut the vast majority of law abiding gun owners. You can keep the 2nd, you can even keep your guns, you just no longer have any legal provisions that provide for 'reasonable' actions should you end up using a firearm to defend yourself.

Mini 14s and mini 30s are on the exempt list as long as it doesn't have a folding stock.

APPENDIX A—FIREARMS EXEMPTED BY THE ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN OF 2015

Centerfire Rifles—autoloaders

• "M–1 Garand with fixed 8 round capacity and standard stock
well dang, I couldn't have my Garand in it's tacticool aftermarket folding fake assault stock?

Perhaps lever guns could fill a tactical niche, until the hoplophobes caught wind of this clip anyway.

Not far off.

The aussies banned pump shotguns, so companies began importing lever action shotguns (which were kind of cool)

Well, our friends down under are going to lose those lever actions because they can be fired too rapidly.

Slippery. Slope.

I've given this a lot of thought. Hypothetically, if AR's were banned, and I'm not at this time discussing compliance with the ban or not...First, let me back up a little bit. At one time, I owned a Mossberg Predator, in .223, and 18-1/2" barrel. It's a compact bolt action rifle that uses AR magazines. I was very pleased with this rifle. Always functioned perfectly, and very accurate. But, the horse trader that I am, I sold the rifle, only to quickly wish I hadn't. So I've been looking to replace it. The model I had, had a laminated wood stock. Just yesterday, I bought another one, but with a little twist. Ended up with the Mossberg Patrol rifle. Very similar, but with a 16-1/4" barrel and synthetic stock. It also uses an AR magazine. This is a very small and handy rifle. I've not yet shot it, but if it performs like the Predator, I will be pleased. Another Ace in the Hole.:cool:

WAYNO.

P1030283_zpsec1od8wc.jpg P1030285_zps0yav6e7k.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR