JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
People's Republic Of China- i.e. red China. One of several AK-type rifles made for export to the United States. They are a good solid rifle w/ chromed barrel, pretty accurate as AK's go. Well built, probably last a few generations, made either w/ milled or stamped receiver.. The thumbhole stock kinda sux but can be replaced. "Norinco"- North China Industry Corp. "Modified AK- 1990". Made at factory "386" in Long Yan, Fujian Province. The same place built the Poly Tech for export as well.

Last Edited:
The thumbhole stock kinda sux but can be replaced.
I love Thumbhole stocks. I have a postban SLR-95 that has one and I will never change it. I keep thinking I should trick that gun out, but then I look at the collector value for an original unmodified version and never wind up going through with it. At some point I need to locate an already bastardized example so I can go ham guilt free.

People's Republic Of China- i.e. red China. One of several AK-type rifles made for export to the United States. They are a good solid rifle w/ chromed barrel, pretty accurate as AK's go. Well built, probably last a few generations, made either w/ milled or stamped receiver.. The thumbhole stock kinda sux but can be replaced. "Norinco"- North China Industry Corp. "Modified AK- 1990". Made at factory "386" in Long Yan, Fujian Province. The same place built the Poly Tech for export as well.
I don't build any AKs but when ever the last ammo dry up was, I was at Sportsman's and was next to a guy looking for ammo. His English was pretty bad but he didn't know what he needed. The store was packed so no employee was helping him.

From what I gathered, his friend sold him a Mak 90. He appeared to have zero firearms knowledge but looked like the engineer type (I work with engineers all day for 20 yrs). I showed him what to look for to make sure he got the right ammo for whatever gun he actually had. From what I recall, he kept saying AK MAK.

I love Thumbhole stocks. I have a postban SLR-95 that has one and I will never change it. I keep thinking I should trick that gun out, but then I look at the collector value for an original unmodified version and never wind up going through with it. At some point I need to locate an already bastardized example so I can go ham guilt free.
theres only one other place Id prefer to be placing my thumb

Do you have an actual Mak90 kit?
There was only one guy making correct receivers, and IIRC he is out if business...
Only chinese kits Ive seen have been from de-milled turn in guns...( could be wrong...)

Oh I know the answer to this one! Is it "Up my butt"?
Are you a redhead female with a tight waist, cute face, and tig ole biddies? If the answer to any of those is no, then hell NO!
A well placed thumb will get you far in this world with the ladies. But what would I know I'm all thumbs.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews