JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yea, I seriously doubt this will ever happen but what platform or battle rifle would be the next big thing if AR's and AK's couldn't be sold anymore?

SkS?
Ruger Mini-?
Styr Aug?
Tavor?

If the limit simi-auto mags to 5 rounds would you change to a bolt or lever action for more capacity or just buy an oodle of 5 round mags?

All super hypothetical, but again maybe something to talk about other then the current news and politics.

I have always wanted an AUG but if I was unable to buy one I would go with a lever action or mag fed bolt action like the MVP or Gunsite Scout type rifles.

Outright ban? I do doubt that would happen. However, restrictions such as those we see in CA, NY, CT, IL, etc. could happen - mag limits, bullet buttons, stock modifications, etc.

That aside, my first choice may be an M1 Garand - ammo should be plentiful, just be sure to be stocked up on clips. SKS could be good too.

I would just hope, before it got that far, that enough people in this country would stand up to stop it.

Outright ban? I do doubt that would happen. However, restrictions such as those we see in CA, NY, CT, IL, etc. could happen - mag limits, bullet buttons, stock modifications, etc.

That aside, my first choice may be an M1 Garand - ammo should be plentiful, just be sure to be stocked up on clips. SKS could be good too.

I would just hope, before it got that far, that enough people in this country would stand up to stop it.

Absolutely.

It was just more of a thinking thread then a fear mongering "Your about to loose your guns" intention to the thread.

Not more then a year ago, I watched a video on YouTube where a 12 year old competitive shooter with a lever rifle, out shot a full grown man with a full auto Mac 10 (or 11 maybe).

I'll look and see if I can find it.

Anyone who is thinking about giving up what they have and downgrading to the next best legal thing is on the slippery slope to throwing rocks for self defense.

That's an interesting hypothetical question, especially for someone just starting out like myself.

I'd imagine something like a mini-14, or Kel Tec SU16 series.

Currently sold in restricted states to meet there standards, yet easily modified should the need arise.

Anyone who is thinking about giving up what they have and downgrading to the next best legal thing is on the slippery slope to throwing rocks for self defense.

I wasn't suggesting downgrading anything. What would you have your grandkids buy if they didn't have access to those two types of guns. (Gifting your guns to them set aside).

I'll be on the rebellion side if they ever try to take my guns away.

It was a mental exercise not a cry for the die hards to tell me I shouldn't give up my rights.

I'm loving the fact that I'm a perfect law abiding citizen today. But in a possible future of say a month or a year, I could become a criminal overnight.

Sad stuff.

I'll invest in PVC.

What was banned by hte AWB?

1994 AWB includes:
Under the Assault Weapons Ban of 1994 the definition of "semiautomatic assault weapon" included specific semi-automatic firearm models by name, and other semi-automatic firearms that possessed two or more from a set certain features:[11]

Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
Semi-automatic pistols with detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
  • Magazine that attaches outside the pistol grip
  • Threaded barrel to attach barrel extender, flash suppressor, handgrip, or suppressor
  • Barrel shroud safety feature that prevents burns to the operator
  • Unloaded weight of 50 oz (1.4 kg) or more
  • A semi-automatic version of a fully automatic firearm.
Semi-automatic shotguns with two or more of the following:
  • Folding or telescoping stock
  • Pistol grip
  • Detachable magazine.

2015 AWB includes:
"The proposed legislation targets various firearm accessories, including the barrel shroud (a covering for the barrel of the firearm to prevent the operator from burning his or her hands as the barrel becomes heated after the firing of multiple rounds), pistol grips, and certain types of firearm stocks such as telescoping or collapsing stocks.[19] Also included are lists of various classes and models of firearms, including some semi-automatic firearms, modern sporting rifles/assault weapons, semi-automatic pistols, semi-automatic shotguns, and others, some of which have already been banned or restricted under existing legislation.[19] The legislation also proscribes high-capacity magazines. [19]"

If your remember, some shotgun stocks were said to have a pistol grip.
0615-LongGunsShotgun-Slide.png

Weapon Name

Algimec Agmi

Heckler & Koch HK-91, HK-93, HK-94 and SP-89

AK-47 or -74*

Holmes MP-83

AKM*

Intratec TEC-DC9 & AB 10*

AKS-74U*

Intratec TEC-9 and Scorpion

American Spirit AR-15*

I.O. Inc. Hellpup AK-47*

AR-10 or -15*

I.O. Inc. PPS-43C*

ARM*

Iver Johnson enforcer model 3000

Armalite AR-180

IZHMASH Saiga AK*

Armalite M 15*

Kel-Tec PLR-16 Pistol*

Australian Automatic Arms SAP pistol

Kel-Tec Sub-2000, SU rifles, and RFB*

Auto-Ordnance Thompson type

MAC-10, MAC-11, and MAC 11 carbine type

Avtomat Kalashnikov AK-47 type

MAADI AK 47*

Barrett M107A1 or REC7*

MAK90*

Barrett Light-Fifty model 82A1

Masterpiece Arms MPA pistols*

Beretta AR-70

Mini-Draco AK 47*

Beretta Storm*

MISR*

Bushmaster auto rifle

NHM90 & NHM91*

Bushmaster auto pistol

Norinco 56, 56S, 84S, & 86S*

Bushmaster Carbon 15*

Olympic Arms AR-15, A 1, CAR, PCR, K3B, K30R, K16, K48, K8, & K9 rifles*

Bushmaster XM 15 *

Poly Technologies AKS and AK 47*

Bushmaster ACR rifles*

Remington tactical Rifle Model 7615*

Bushmaster MOE rifles*

Rock River Arms LAR-47*

Calico Liberty III and III Tactical Pistols*

Rock River Arms LAR 15*

Calico Liberty 50, 50 Tactical 100, 100 Tactical, I, 1 Tactical, II and II Tactical Rifles*

Ruger Mini-14/5F folding stock model

Calico Models M-900, M-950, and 100-P

SA 85 or SA 93*

Chartered Industries of Singapore SR-88

SAR-8, SAR-4800, SR9*

Chiappa Firearms Mfour-22*

Scarab Skorpion

Centurion 39 AK*

SIG 57 AMT and 500 series

Colefire Magnum*

SIG Sauer P516 and P556 pistols*

Colt AR-15

Sig Sauer 551-A1, 556, 516, 716, and M 400 Rifles*

Colt Match target Rifles*

SLG 95*

Colt Sporter

SLR 95 or 96*

Daewoo AR 100 and AR 110C*

Smith and Wesson M&P15 rifles*

Daewoo K-1, K-2, Max-1 and Max-2

Spectre Auto Carbine

Doublestar AR rifles*

Spectre auto pistol

Doublestar Corporation AR*

Springfield Armory BM59, SAR-48 and G3

DPMS AR-15*

Sterling MK-6 and MK-7

DPMS Tactical rifles*

Steyr AUG

Draco AK-47*

Street Sweeper and Striker 12 revolving cylinder shot gun

DSA SA58 PKP FAL*

Thompson TA 5 pistols*

Encom MK-IV, MP-9, and MP-45

TNW M230 and M2HB*

Fabrique Nationale/F/N 308 Match and L1A1 Sporter*

USAS-12

Fabrique Nationale FN/FAL, FN/LAR, or FN/FNC

UZI carbine

FAMAS MAS 223

UZI mini-carbine

Feather AT-9 and Mini-AT

UZI pistol

Federal XC-900 &XC-450

Valmet M62S, M71S & M78S*

Franchi SPAS-12 & LAW 12

Vector Arms AK-47 or UZI*

Galil AR & ARM

Velocity Arms VMA pistols*

Galil and Galil Sporter*

VEPR*

German Sport 522PK*

WASR-10*

Goncz High-Tech carbine

Weaver Arms Nighthawk

Gonz High-Tech long pistol

Wilkinson "Linda" pistol

HCR AK-47*

Wilkinson Arms Linda Carbine*

Hi-Point Carbine Rifles*

WUM*

HK USC*

Yugo Krebs Krink*

HK-PSG-1*

Ive always held the opionion that the lever gun was the first real "assault rifle". At the time it had the highest capacity, was the easiest to reload, and offered the fastest shot rate.

its kind of ironic how some people are nostalgically ok with a lever gun but not a MSP. Yeah I know the lever gun doesnt come close to compare but really think about how destructive a lever gun could be in the wrong hands...

spelling edit: I meant to say "MSR" (Modern Sporting Rifle... AK/AR etc.)

Last Edited:
Ive always held the opionion that the lever gun was the first real "assault rifle". At the time it had the highest capacity, was the easiest to reload, and offered the fastest shot rate.

its kind of ironic how some people are nostalgically ok with a lever gun but not a MSP. Yeah I know the lever gun doesnt come close to compare but really think about how destructive a lever gun could be in the wrong hands...

Not only that, watch Jerry Miculek shoot a revolver, reload and keep shooting. He's as fast as any semi-auto AR in the hands of the average person. Just some training and you can blow off quite a few rounds even in a revolver:

Yea, I seriously doubt this will ever happen but what platform or battle rifle would be the next big thing if AR's and AK's couldn't be sold anymore?

SkS?
Ruger Mini-?
Styr Aug?
Tavor?

just google "new york AR15"....
its kinda like blasphemy to do that to an AR.

If they ban the AR15 or AK47, I think I'll use something like the AR15 or AK47. Some of us actually mean it when we say "from my cold dead hands".

Again I totally agree.

If I had the finances, I'd have been buying AR parts for a couple years now but just havnt been able too.

It's not a question of if you will or will not comply (to something they will never, IMO, be able to effectively do) but just a theological discussion on what other guns are out there that do not get the media in a frenzy anytime they report on them.

A 30-06 is high on my list but I've not settled on anything in particular yet but wouldn't mind having a sniper rifle that eats level 3 armor.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top