JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well pending washington state laws changed that. Bought an AR10 yesterday.
Pending oregon legislation might change that for me.
Too bad there isn't any semi-autos I actually want in .308 or 5.56 at AR10 or AR15 prices.
Don't like the location of any of the AR series controls,especially the charging handle and magazine release.

I'll find my long arms on whomever I need to if, the pistols will do me fine.

Maybe I'd take the lever gun... but I'd prefer it to be a Henry or Winchester 94...
Probably going to be taking a M1 carbine, a garrand, or AR 15 tho.

Start out with a couple of 45's, an AK and 45-70 lever action. Since this is hypothetical, I fear no squirrel.
Can't go wrong with a .45, pleasant to shoot all day and it will put down some serious hurt downrange, even if all you have left is fmj.
Hard to go wrong with an AK or .45-70 either.

Situation:
-You have enough time to grab 2 of the following long arms on your way to bug out.
-You have sufficient ammo ready to go for whatever you pick.
-You have a p229 in 9mm on your person
-You have an sp101 in .357 on you.
-Bug out location is the Olympic Peninsula

Long arm options
-Ruger American Predator .308
-Rossi lever 16" in .357
-Remington 870 Express with 18.5" barrel
-Ruger 10/22
-Keltec sub2000 p226 mag version (9mm)

You have nothing to worry about. You are so far away you will never make it to our stew pot when the shtf.

I read only a few posts on this thread, ok?

That said, bug out situations I rarely see mentioned: The hordes of others bugging out and clogging up the roads or even running into a horde of other walking bug outters, if you will...perhaps a futile effort...

If everyone leaves and you stay, perhaps you'll be better off...?

Or, yeah, if you're trying to outrun nuke fallout or aerosolized germ warfare, you're probably toast anyway so what's the rush?

IMHO, y'all are approaching this backwards.

Your firearms are for self defense, not hunting. Imagine yourself on a paintball field. You just shot a squirrel with a pellet gun. What are your chances of dressing your game and making stew without getting found?

In an E&E game, eating VEGAN is the way to go. Can anyone name a non vegan meal that you can prepare in camp, carry in a pack and eat 6 hours later without 'side effects'?
(I'm not vegan, but my lady is. She has taught me a couple things.)

Your firearms are for self defense, not hunting. Imagine yourself on a paintball field. You just shot a squirrel with a pellet gun. What are your chances of dressing your game and making stew without getting found?

In an E&E game, eating VEGAN is the way to go. Can anyone name a non vegan meal that you can prepare in camp, carry in a pack and eat 6 hours later without 'side effects'?
A sandwhich

Salted meats, which will actually outlive your vegan foods by months.

@CountryGent I just looked up that pemmican is a sort of salted meat, which I didn't know!
I suppose it would pair nice with portable soup! ;)

Smoked fish
Smoked squirrel
Smoked rabbit
Smoked venison
Smoked elk
;)

Our ancestors were not vegans... I'm guessing they had a few tricks to save food for longer then 6 hours:D

I love lanjaeger a form of german dried sausage and a apple maybe a hunky of cheese and some water for lunch when I am deer hunting. There are a lot of foods that can last. A can of dog food if your scratching the bottom of the barrel. There is a difference between surving and living well. Sometimes you have to make do.

Our ancestors were not vegans... I'm guessing they had a few tricks to save food for longer then 6 hours:D

Indeed. There is even evidence the consumption of meat is what made us human in the modern sense. From Time:

As a new study in Nature makes clear, not only did processing and eating meat come naturally to humans, it's entirely possible that without an early diet that included generous amounts of animal protein, we wouldn't even have become human—at least not the modern, verbal, intelligent humans we are.

I agree with all these choices.

My point was that hunting and processing game while E&Eing wont be successful unless you already have practice doing it.

My GHB has instant rice and beef summer sausage.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top