JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pickup, toyhauler and a couple 4 wheelers

phone pics 045.jpg phone pics 048.jpg

A9B5BC44-35A1-46C9-BD72-A5890E21B711.jpeg
5CA3A6B6-8D3E-495E-8A37-99A65E141916.jpeg
1FE38137-F61E-4023-A5B9-C8E85D38FDA4.jpeg
Here's my real Bug Out Rig, not planning on bugging out though. The boat in the pic has been replaced to one about 30 years newer so probably not much use after an EMP, or the truck for that matter.

• The ultimate in simplicity

• 61wBzkr96bL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Impact 19'' Athmos Unicycle Black- RED Rims -High Performance Unicycle

• Impact 19'' Athmos Unicycle Black- REDRims -
    • High Performance Unicycle
    • Ready to ride trials package
    • Saddle: Impact Athmos, with lift handle
    • Tire: Bike Trial 19" x 2.5". This is a specific tire for this rim. A regular 20" tire cannot fit this rim.

I drive a 2014 low roof Promaster van. At some point an AWD or even 4x4 van would be great. Unfortunately prices are crazy now due to the BS. At some point the prices will become reasonable again. Vans are so practical these days. I need one for work, but even if I didn't I'd always want a van. The older E350s that are built-out as 4x4s are always on my radar also.

Capture.JPG.png

• The ultimate in simplicity

• View attachment 1096757

Impact 19'' Athmos Unicycle Black- RED Rims -High Performance Unicycle

• Impact 19'' Athmos Unicycle Black- REDRims -
    • High Performance Unicycle
    • Ready to ride trials package
    • Saddle: Impact Athmos, with lift handle
    • Tire: Bike Trial 19" x 2.5". This is a specific tire for this rim. A regular 20" tire cannot fit this rim.
I ain't getting very far on that thing!

I drive a 2014 low roof Promaster van. At some point an AWD or even 4x4 van would be great. Unfortunately prices are crazy now due to the BS. At some point the prices will become reasonable again. Vans are so practical these days. I need one for work, but even if I didn't I'd always want a van. The older E350s that are built-out as 4x4s are always on my radar also.

View attachment 1096842
4X4 is over rated! Lol!
I have an 07 Sprinter High Roof, long wheel base 3500 Series Duelly, with good aggressive and sharp tires, it can go most any place I would ever dare take it! Gets fantastic fuel milage too, a major plus should I ever get caught out! Need to add an aux. fuel tank to really extend the range, then we're golden!

4X4 is over rated! Lol!
It depends on how high you rate it. With experience, one quickly learns that 4WD is not magic, and can easily get stuck, but it is much better than 2WD.

I have an 07 Sprinter High Roof, long wheel base 3500 Series Duelly, with good aggressive and sharp tires, it can go most any place I would ever dare take it! Gets fantastic fuel milage too, a major plus should I ever get caught out! Need to add an aux. fuel tank to really extend the range, then we're golden!
The key is knowing the limits of any vehicle, and all overland vehicles have a limit.

My shop is lower than my house. To get up the incline from the shop area to the main driveway area, requires 4WD/AWD when there is snow (like there is now). 2WD just won't do it (maybe with studs/chains). Getting up the private road to the public road is just about the same. Having that extra traction makes a big difference.

When I moved up here on the mountain I had a 2WD/RWD car that could not get out of the driveway when it snowed. I used my 4WD truck to get to work when it snowed. Now I have an AWD that does okay.

I've gotten almost every kind of movable machine stuck at one point or another, including a tracked skid steer, a dozer and a dirt bike.

It depends on how high you rate it. With experience, one quickly learns that 4WD is not magic, and can easily get stuck, but it is much better than 2WD.

The key is knowing the limits of any vehicle, and all overland vehicles have a limit.

My shop is lower than my house. To get up the incline from the shop area to the main driveway area, requires 4WD/AWD when there is snow (like there is now). 2WD just won't do it (maybe with studs/chains). Getting up the private road to the public road is just about the same. Having that extra traction makes a big difference.

When I moved up here on the mountain I had a 2WD/RWD car that could not get out of the driveway when it snowed. I used my 4WD truck to get to work when it snowed. Now I have an AWD that does okay.

I've gotten almost every kind of movable machine stuck at one point or another, including a tracked skid steer, a dozer and a dirt bike.
That's why I have a really good set of "Ice Breaker" chains and am not afraid to spend the 5 min it takes to put them on it!
Been super tempted to convert this to 4X4, using the axles and such from a Chevy 3500 series duelly, and a divorced transfer case, shouldn't be too big a deal, the major plus in doing that would also be getting away from these funky MBZ only rims and being able to use just about any aftermarket wheel/tire combo I could want! The major downside of a rig like this is it's height, and with it lifted, makes it even worse, it also becomes unstable. but again, knowing where to go and more important, not taking chances and trying to go places you shouldn't makes all the difference! This rig is my idea of a inexpensive multi use R/V with out the trappings of a full time R/V, in that I can use it for lots of other things you normally use a van for, with the added bonus of being able to use it for most out door/ camping/adventure uses! I can always tow my CJ2A around behind it, and then I have the ultimate go anywhere rig at hand!

*makes note to self* "never let Heretic near the controls of any planes, boats or locomotives I may acquire..."

*makes note to self* "never let Heretic near the controls of any planes, boats or locomotives I may acquire..."
I've been at the controls of boats and aircraft - didn't get either one stuck or otherwise cause them harm. My dad let me fly the plane for short periods of time and I taught him how to synch the engine's RPM on his Beechcraft.

The boats? These are where I learned to synch two engines:

70d0e0eec0027d3001681b707ebbc58b.jpg

1640824707840.jpg

1) "It depends on how high you rate it. With experience, one quickly learns that 4WD is not magic, and can easily get stuck, but it is much better than 2WD."
Use 2WD to get into trouble and 4WD to get out of it.

2) Due to neurological injuries my balance isn't what it once was, so my days of riding a unicycle on the freeway and dirt bike trails are over.

Last Edited:
1) "It depends on how high you rate it. With experience, one quickly learns that 4WD is not magic, and can easily get stuck, but it is much better than 2WD."
Use 2WD to get into trouble and 4WD to get out of it.
I prefer to not get into trouble - again, 4WD is not magic, so the first second I start to slip on an iffy surface, I move it into 4WD. A lot of times momentum makes a big difference. Stopping to change to 4WD breaks momentum and can get you stuck.

It is a matter of judgement and experience.

4WD > AWD > FWD > RWD

It just is

That said, someone with some common sense in a FWD with some decent tires, is in alot better shape than some one without it in a 4WD.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top