JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Two weeks ago I saw a meteor break up in the atmosphere. It was part of the Orionids Meteor Shower happening this month.

It came in as a large bright spot with a short tail and started splitting up like a horizontal firework. The last part was about 1/10th of the main meteor and there were 8 to 10 smaller ones trailing and dropping away. It was in the west and traveling from south to north.

It was a once in a lifetime event for me. Usually only seen on TV. I was pumped for over a week and my wife hated me for about the same time for missing it. Since we are surrounded by 100 ft fir trees, I was lucky that it started and ended between two large clumps of trees.

I usually always go outside and watch the Perseid meteor shower every summer, but those were only streaks across the sky.

Meh. Give itg a couple billion years and everything will be back to normal, except this time bipedal reptilians will be using Gorn made global cooling to sieze political power.

Last Edited:
I know someday my passing will come. I am not afraid of the finality. I am more afraid of the process. The time I have left will be spent with good friends and family. Two legged and four.

I'd make a good cup of coffee, try out some the "power's out" cookware and stoves I bought, shoot guns in the air yelling ""bubblegum off!".

Or, likely, just watch music videos on Utube.

I'd assume the event was surviveable and take the same sort of actions as would be best in a mega-earthquake. Three body problems are unpredictable. Even when the three bodies are just rocks and not the nekkid horny hominids some of you were already imagining. Maybe the asteroid would hit the moon a glancing blow and both would careen away missing the earth. Maybe the asteroid is a loose collection of rocks that sorta splatters around the moon. If the asteroid was unconsolidated and got pulled into small bits before any of them hit earth they might mostly burn up leaving just a few exploding like the recent one in Russia did, with little damage. Maybe the asteroid would be mostly ices of water and gases and would simply melt and get added to our atmosphere with nothing solid hitting the earth. Maybe some government and/or some unruly character like Elon Musk has already been thinking about how to deal with such an asteroid and has fired off the relevant bfr. (EM-speak for "big fvcking rocket." The event may or may not be survive able were I am. If I assume it's not, that pessimistic prediction would tend to be self-fulfilling.

Didn't see this the first time around but I don't have access to 100 year bunkers so I guess I would try some stuff I've never really had time or an interest in:

Hooker's
Blow
Trip on shrooms
Probably start drinking again…
Idk I'm sure there are a plethora of things to do if it's the end.

I don't want to sit around with family and friends and be sad about 3 days left and I can't imagine there would be much else to talk about.

I do as much with my family and friends as possible so it would just be another day if I went that route.

Don't wait for the end to live your life the way you would wish it imo.

I'd assume the event was surviveable and take the same sort of actions as would be best in a mega-earthquake. Three body problems are unpredictable. Even when the three bodies are just rocks and not the nekkid horny hominids some of you were already imagining. Maybe the asteroid would hit the moon a glancing blow and both would careen away missing the earth. Maybe the asteroid is a loose collection of rocks that sorta splatters around the moon. If the asteroid was unconsolidated and got pulled into small bits before any of them hit earth they might mostly burn up leaving just a few exploding like the recent one in Russia did, with little damage. Maybe the asteroid would be mostly ices of water and gases and would simply melt and get added to our atmosphere with nothing solid hitting the earth. Maybe some government and/or some unruly character like Elon Musk has already been thinking about how to deal with such an asteroid and has fired off the relevant bfr. (EM-speak for "big fvcking rocket." The event may or may not be survive able were I am. If I assume it's not, that pessimistic prediction would tend to be self-fulfilling.
To put it in perspective the scenario is the equivalent of a fifty pound bullet bullet traveling at fifteen million feet per second striking a 200 pound person. It's just possible that some fragments of DNA might survive but probably not. Best to get good with God and your loved ones and enjoy whatever time you have left

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top