JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Meh, they always got that fancy coffee issued to them... helps wash down the raw snake meat. :D

Yep...for sure...:D
I am not knocking SF troops at all ...worked with 'em waaaay too much in some out of the way hot spots...but I did give 'em grief at times with the fact that 11B types in LRRP / LRSD units provided intelligence and "muscle " to many of their operations....:D
Andy

Yep...for sure...:D
I am not not knocking SF troops at all ...worked with 'em waaaay too much in some out of the way hot spots...but I did give 'em grief at times with the fact that 11B types in LRRP / LRSD units provided intelligence and "muscle " to many of their operations....:D
Andy

... so they could be the best at what they're best at, Force Multilers raising & training indigenous dissidents into guerilla fighters. :s0155:

I think the best bear defense would be to show the Grizzly a copy of the film "The Revenant"...and tell him :
This is what folks think of you and why ...Then sic him on the director and producer....:eek::D
( Just kidding here...maybe :D )
Andy

Though rare, bear attacks do occur. I carried a Marlin 45/70 on Kodiak island for 3 years, unless I had the 300 Win. Mag while on a hunt (deer and elk on Afognak Island). It got a little sporty at times, but I managed to stay safe. Be smart, head on a swivel, and stay out of the thick if at all possible. Unless hunting, be seen and heard. I recommend carrying a large caliber weapon that YOU can cycle quickly. Practice! Under a charge in the thick, you will be lucky to get 1-2 shots off before they are on you. The browns will charge from a distance but almost always stop and break off when they figure out what you are. All bets are off when you are facing a sow with cub. Just one more note, I would be more worried about black bears the further north you get.

I'm 100% with ya on the .375! I have had mine since the age of 18 and wouldn't even thing of selling or trading it off! I have killed several coastal browns, and few grizz, and several Elk with it, and it continues to serve me well to this day! It's a 10 pound bruiser, and when danger is bad breath close, it's comforting to have in hand! I also will never part with my Marlin .45/70, arguably the best all around woods gun in predator country! Especially with the extended magazine! Now we need to have a sit down with ether @Velzey or Jon @NWCustomFirearms to have a brake and bayonet lug added and get ceracoating coating done to take the shine off of it! We also have that stalking rifle 1903 Springfield that needs finishing, will be a stunning woods rifle once it's up and running!:)
Done and done! Shoot me a message and set up a time to come over, we have a few things to talk about ;)

I have to admit that since I wasn't there I can't say for sure what happened or how I would react, but I'd hope to God I wouldn't toss him a gun and run. I can't see letting go of a gun if I happened to need one!
I used to always carry a handgun when I was rifle hunting, but decided it could be left behind as long as I was carrying my rifle. If I wasn't carrying my rifle, I had my handgun. If I was in an area known of the big hairy/nasties, I would carry my 12 gauge pump.

Yeah, I know folks don't want to criticize the client, but good grief... at least shoot the guide so he doesn't have to suffer!! :eek:

When I still could walk the woods for hunting, I always carried a pistol in addition to my rifle. If I got one down and the troop was out of radio range, 3rds fired would bring them to the kill. Also, it's good survival practice just in case.

Fishing steelhead/salmon in Telkwa BC... always had my 12ga slung. Saw a huge black bear and some moose in pretty close in the river... BTW, Mama Moose kill you quick as a bear. Stomp you like crushing grapes.

Try going into a hot LZ that hasn't been swept for IED's and having your pilot hover a few feet off the ground while you are lying on your belly with a hand held trying to make sure it's safe to land! THAT gets yer blood pumpin good! Even better, gettin incoming while your trying to not get blowed up!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top