JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Jackson Elk Hunting Guide And Client Attacked By Bears, Guide Found Deceased - Buckrail - Jackson Hole news
Why wouldn't you post a sentry with a 45-70 while the animal was being gutted when you're in grizzly country ?
And the handgun was apparently stuffed in a pack ?

The aftermath...
Game & Fish: We got the right bears, one was sprayed - more details of the encounter - Buckrail - Jackson Hole news

Last Edited:
I'm up in Montana this week for work. Here once a month. Anyways I was driving from missoula to great falls today, and stopped at a small small town. The gal at the C store had security photos of 2 grizzlys that came in by the store a month ago. Not sure if I'm more surprised at that footage, or the fact that she had security cameras in this town. Population is maybe 45.

All I can gather is that he was Florida Man, retrieved a handgun from a pack and then tossed it to the guide who was under attack by a sow griz.
At least that's the story.

I would hate to be a guide for someone with more money than brains. Now if it was me the guide might have gotten hurt but we would be going home with a Grizzly along with the elk.

So if the guide was gutting an Elk where was the hunter? Why didn't he shoot at the bear?

In reading about this incident, it seems that they wounded the Elk the previous day, and were unable to find it. They then apparently came back the next day, to look for the Elk. But the only weapons that the press has mentioned them having is a can of bear spray, and also some kind of handgun.

I've seen nothing to indicate that either the guide or the hunter was armed with a rifle when they came back. An Elk rifle sure would have come in real handy to have.

There appears to be multiple mistakes made by both men here. Especially if neither one of them had a rifle.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top