JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The legislature, attorney general and governor in wa have shown zero regard for the federal and state constitution in the past. No reason to believe this bill won't pass easily. My only consolation is that I cross the border daily, and will shop there, even if it costs me more in the long run. For now at least, that will be an option for some. Our 2A rights are lost in this state. Our only hope is to use the power of the ballot box to remove those who would assail our God given rights, but I am confident that feguson will be our next guv.

So far there has been no movement on this bill since first reading on January 9th. So perhaps dead but I don't know the timings of all the legislative actions I thought it had had to clear committee by today or something.

This bill is dead for this year. Today was the last day to move it forward.

That's what I thought, too. But then I see this in my news feed on Monday the 29th:

As of Monday afternoon, HB 2238 was not scheduled for any committee hearings.
Dave Workman, communications director with the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, said he "wouldn't consider this idea dead until the session ends."
The current 60-day regular legislative session concludes on March 7.

🤷‍♂️

That's what I thought, too. But then I see this in my news feed on Monday the 29th:

As of Monday afternoon, HB 2238 was not scheduled for any committee hearings.
Dave Workman, communications director with the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, said he "wouldn't consider this idea dead until the session ends."
The current 60-day regular legislative session concludes on March 7.

🤷‍♂️
I'm just going by what Bill Kirk said: "If a bill does not make it out of its house of origin by EOB Wednesday (that's today) there is no chance that it's going to make it to the Governor's desk."

View: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Aa9TncEFKgg&t=108

The legislature, attorney general and governor in wa have shown zero regard for the federal and state constitution in the past. No reason to believe this bill won't pass easily. My only consolation is that I cross the border daily, and will shop there, even if it costs me more in the long run. For now at least, that will be an option for some. Our 2A rights are lost in this state. Our only hope is to use the power of the ballot box to remove those who would assail our God given rights, but I am confident that feguson will be our next guv.
Please come buy all the ammo you need here in Oregon!

Before Dimslee calls Kotex to tell her to stop selling ammo to Washingtonians... :(

By the way, try buying ammunition in Los Angeles County. You need to show ID and they write down all your info to send to the government nannies...

View: https://youtu.be/zj9LlMTq1oU?si=88c3zMSm1ZkOTo35

I don't know how long before it switches again…
Interesting. Thanks for the link. The circumstance I'm talking about is specific to LA County (maybe other counties as well, but I only experienced it in LA). LA County required sellers of ammunition to record the driver license# and address of any purchaser of Ammo. So, go to Big5 for example, buy a brick of .22LR and you need to show ID just to buy it. Nothing further than that, but quite an intrusion of privacy in my view. It's none of the government's business what kind of ammo I buy, how frequently, or how much. I asked the store manager of one of these locations and he was nice enough to patiently explain what was dictated to him by the LA County Supervisors... they are taking names primarily for three reasons: 1) though there is no law preventing felons from buying ammo, of course they're not supposed to have firearms. So presumably if a known felon buys ammo, the 5-0 gonna swing by and say "Yo Scooter why u buying caps over at the Piggly Wiggly?"; 2) they want to be able to track known or suspected gang members buying ammo; 3) They want to see if anyone on a terror watch list is buying ammo.

That last one gave me pause. If I'm not on the terror watch list now, I will be after I make this purchase...

At the end of the day, it's like all other anti-gun hysteria: Laws are for the law-abiding. And lawful gun owners continue to NOT be the problem. And I suspect we will keep that trend going...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top