JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

I AM A

• Cold blooded operator

Votes: 13 8.3%
  • heavily armed

Votes: 22 14.0%
  • Mildly armed

Votes: 44 28.0%
  • Average gun loving American

Votes: 65 41.4%
  • 16 year old with no guns and dial up internet

Votes: 22 14.0%

• Total voters
Total and complete thread fail! Everyone knows that for it to be a valid pole, there needs to be a "bacon" option! Where's the damn bacon!!?? :rolleyes:

As for how I would classify myself, the Boy Scouts had a motto...Be Prepared. I am. I'll leave it at that. :)

I'm sure by now that you are aware of the recent news about the young boy terrorizing a plane-load of passengers?

In case you missed it - here it is [please do NOT shoot the screen] -

Here was my response when a similar thing happened to me, back in the early 1970's...

At that time, the Royal Air Force Transport Command still had a few Bristol Britannia jet-props in service as well as the incoming VC-10s, so the haul from Cyprus to RAF Brize Norrton in UK was very long and slow...

The 'trooper' as it was called, took off about midnight local time, and arrived about 8-ish am.

A boy, aged about eight or nine, started his shenanigins about an hour into the flight, zooming up and won the aisle and generally making himself a PITA. I was sitting across from his poor mom, who was totally unable to control her little darlin'. Most people were trying to get to sleep, including the cabin crew. So I leaned over and asked her if I might try and calm him down and she readily agreed. Calling him over on one of his 'zoom-bys', I whispered something into his ear.

To the amazement of his mom and all around us, he went meekly to his seat, buckled in, and kept schtum for the remainder of the flight, although, from time to time, he looked over at me.

In those days, there was no such thing as a jetway, especially at a military base, so we had to go down a long flight of steps - the plane was pretty huge. So to speed things up we all went down two or three abreast.

The mom, loaded with all the baggage that I wasn't actually helping her with [I travelled light] leaned over to me and with a big grin on her face, said 'I dont know what it was you said to calm him down but it certainly worked! What exactly was it?'

I put on my best s**t-eating grin and whispered in her ear - 'I told him that if he didn't sit down quietly and stop behaving like complete putz, I'd break both his arms'.

tac

@tac Reminds me of something a USAF pilot buddy once told me... similar demonkid was terrorizing his flight, so he told the rugrat "as a military pilot, I have the right to throw one person off any flight I'm on, and I'm about to decide who..." Kid clammed up, sat back down and gave similar reaction to yours right quick.

Ain't nice messin' with kids, but sometimes you encounter one that just has to be scared straight. Though I tell ya, some humanspawn make me glad my kid's a tyrannosaur... LOL

LOL.
Andy, I heard it slightly differently. Gandalf was guiding Harry to avoid a disappointing end, repeating what he overheard Ron Jeremy say to Miley Cyrus as they were sharing a smoke. Harry learned, made himself older, and went after Ginger.

Ginger?! I thought we settled this on this site - Mary Ann!

I'm sure by now that you are aware of the recent news about the young boy terrorizing a plane-load of passengers?

In case you missed it - here it is [please do NOT shoot the screen] -

Here was my response when a similar thing happened to me, back in the early 1970's...

At that time, the Royal Air Force Transport Command still had a few Bristol Britannia jet-props in service as well as the incoming VC-10s, so the haul from Cyprus to RAF Brize Norrton in UK was very long and slow...

The 'trooper' as it was called, took off about midnight local time, and arrived about 8-ish am.

A boy, aged about eight or nine, started his shenanigins about an hour into the flight, zooming up and won the aisle and generally making himself a PITA. I was sitting across from his poor mom, who was totally unable to control her little darlin'. Most people were trying to get to sleep, including the cabin crew. So I leaned over and asked her if I might try and calm him down and she readily agreed. Calling him over on one of his 'zoom-bys', I whispered something into his ear.

To the amazement of his mom and all around us, he went meekly to his seat, buckled in, and kept schtum for the remainder of the flight, although, from time to time, he looked over at me.

In those days, there was no such thing as a jetway, especially at a military base, so we had to go down a long flight of steps - the plane was pretty huge. So to speed things up we all went down two or three abreast.

The mom, loaded with all the baggage that I wasn't actually helping her with [I travelled light] leaned over to me and with a big grin on her face, said 'I dont know what it was you said to calm him down but it certainly worked! What exactly was it?'

I put on my best s**t-eating grin and whispered in her ear - 'I told him that if he didn't sit down quietly and stop behaving like complete putz, I'd break both his arms'.

tac

The flight crew should have removed them from the plane before takeoff - there is no excuse for leaving a known problem like that on a flight, especially on a long flight. I'm honestly surprised at the restraint of the other passengers. I know folks that would have laid into the mother and the kid, probably have gotten physical with both. But ultimately, it was up to the flight crew to stop this before it had a chance to get this bad - and they failed. Probably didn't want to deal with the delay. Shame on them. This could have turned out very badly if there were less kind passengers on the flight.

Honestly, I'm thinking it might be a good idea to allow flight crews to be able to restrain and sedate a person that's this unruly - it's a true safety hazard on a flight.

Now I'm all spun up that no one did anything to stop this. Thanks a lot tac! ;):p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top