JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

I AM A

• Cold blooded operator

Votes: 13 8.3%
  • heavily armed

Votes: 22 14.0%
  • Mildly armed

Votes: 44 28.0%
  • Average gun loving American

Votes: 65 41.4%
  • 16 year old with no guns and dial up internet

Votes: 22 14.0%

• Total voters
Since I do not own any guns that are classified as "anti-material," and by military definition I only own, "small arms," no matter how many I own I still consider myself 'mildly' armed.

Last Edited:
I would classify myself as uninteresting and none of your business. What I own or don't own has nothing to do with who I am or how I think of myself. The only people qualified to "classify" me are my family and those I know and work with and some of them don't have a clue.

I fit none of the slots on your poll but I have had fun typing.

Since I do not own any guns that are classified as "anti-material," and by military definition I only own, "small arms," no matter how many I own I still consider myself 'mildly' armed.

Have to agree completely. While I'm always on the search for one more revolver, you know, that perfect one...I still only have 2 hands so 12 rounds in hand at any given time, Yosemite Sam style. Those pesky boating accidents took care of anything that may be magazine fed.

Got to shred floating tri-walls of trash with the mounted .50 cal off the bridgewing in the middle of the Atlantic. Gave me an appreciation of real firepower and how hard it is to be accurate with that beast in full auto. Gotta love the old days with "use it or lose it" ammo allocations.

Yeah, so mildly armed is appropriate.

Shared this on another thread once.

I was chatting about guns with some fellow shooters at work (when I used to work).

Retired Army Major, outspoken conservative, gun owner: "Of course it's fine to own a few guns, but some of these fanatics just have too damn many!"

Me: "So what's 'too many'?"

Major: "Like six..."

I changed the subject.

Actually it was said by Gandalf to Harry Potter after Harry and Luke Skywalker used the force to live long and prosper on the plant Vulcan in that series called Twilight at Lonesome Dove ranch....

This was of course long after they were both shipwrecked , after a iceberg hit their ship and avoiding a great white shark for a few days...they made their way to a island with the Skipper , his little buddy and crew...

Theirs is a long convoluted story.....:eek::p:D
Andy
I don't recognize this, is that a Ron Jeremy Quote?

Actually it was said by Gandalf to Harry Potter after Harry and Luke Skywalker used the force to live long and prosper on the plant Vulcan in that series called Twilight at Lonesome Dove ranch....

This was of course long after they were both shipwrecked , after a iceberg hit their ship and avoiding a great white shark for a few days...they made their way to a island with the Skipper , his little buddy and crew...

Theirs is a long convoluted story.....:eek::p:D
Andy
LOL.
Andy, I heard it slightly differently. Gandalf was guiding Harry to avoid a disappointing end, repeating what he overheard Ron Jeremy say to Miley Cyrus as they were sharing a smoke. Harry learned, made himself older, and went after Ginger.

I consider myself Inadequately Armed. 'Adequate' is when you can singlehandedly equip your entire neighborhood with sufficient weapons and ammo to simultaneously fight off separate assaults by a Hells Angels chapter and your local Daesh cell.

Well, I used to be a cold-blooded operator, and to prove it, I'm still here.

And they just ain't.

Beware an old guy, he's probably hurting so much just breathing that he's more than likely likely to rip your neck open to the sky with a handy tin plate.

The last person who tried to take advantage of this old fart wound up with his elbow stuck in his ear and his right index finger up to the second knuckle in one or the other eyeballs, can't remember rightly which one. Mind you, that was around fifteen years ago. I'm older now, and have way more control over my basic instincts.

tac

Well, I used to be a cold-blooded operator, and to prove it, I'm still here.

And they just ain't.

Beware an old guy, he's probably hurting so much just breathing that he's more than likely likely to rip your neck open to the sky with a handy tin plate.

The last person who tried to take advantage of this old fart wound up with his elbow stuck in his ear and his right index finger up to the second knuckle in one or the other eyeballs, can't remember rightly which one. Mind you, that was around fifteen years ago. I'm older now, and have way more control over my basic instincts.

tac
Another gem... are you ever gonna write a book so we can get 'The Quotable tac' in a bigger helping? :)

Sir, your kind words are like balm to my frayed old ears. To tell the truth, I DO write stuff - some of it is a bit dark, and some stuff is actually very funny - so I'm told.

If you'd like to see a sample, let me know by email.

tac

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads