JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No limits here;
I've liked all things that shoot ever since I found an old ping pong ball shooter under the porch of a house we just moved in to in 1952.
Since then, good, bad, ugly, cheap, broken, I have never seen a gun I didn't like, want to shoot, fix, own. Once I started reloading, I was definitely hooked for life.

I tried to limit myself but that didn't work out very well. Went into BiMart for one quick thing and came out with this fugly thing after an instant approval today. Wasn't looking for one, didn't want one but it looked lonely in their case. Now, to find some 10mm brass to load up.
981B486D-E980-4D52-830C-43C494E2B6CA.jpeg

I started early at age 4 out in the boonies with my grandfather. Shooting has always felt like it was in my blood and a part of who I am.

I am into firearms for other reasons then just the simple hobbie and enjoyment I get from it:

I enjoy teaching others with no background and watching them always (at least so far) have a huge grin at the end of the day.

Plinking.

Shooting clays.

Easy going competition shoots.

Just the fun of hanging out with friends.

Hunting.

Personal and home defense (of course loved ones in there).

The culture - I find most folk I meet that love guns are good people (so far).

Knowing as I get older and kids get faster that I have a way to equalize that gap in a self defense perspective.

Challenging myself if no one is able to go out with me.

The satisfaction of a good clean and oiled gun after smelling the smoke from shooting it.

The tradition of handing down family heirlooms.

Being gifted a gun is an honor and something that no other gift has quite come close to for me.

The pride and sense of comfort my wife has for my ability to keep the home and us safe away from home.

As always, if North Korea invades I know I'm at least prepared to defend my block of the neighborhood. (Some sarcasm but hell who knows)

I'm sure there are numerous other reasons but I feel like I might be getting a little redundant but I'll leave it with - because my forefathers were wise enough to realize I had a right to own guns and it is an obligation for those of sound mind to do so imo.

Just my 4¢

I mostly agree with you Andy.

However, Glocks are ugly...they've always been ugly and they will continue to be ugly forever. We're talking red headed step-child ugly and shhh...err...crap-house door on a tuna boat, level ugly.

They are, of course, reliable. But man are they ugly.

If this limits me, then so be it. After all, it's important for a man to know his limitations. :D

However, Glocks are ugly...they've always been ugly and they will continue to be ugly forever. We're talking red headed step-child ugly and shhh...err...crap-house door on a tuna boat, level ugly.

If this limits me, then so be it. After all, it's important for a man to know his limitations. :D
You know, it may be bias setting in but I really love my 3rd Gen G17 and my thoughts on its visual appeal have changed over the years to enjoying it. Not SS GP100 sexy but I think Gocks are not that bad on the eyes anymore.

You know, it may be bias setting in but I really love my 3rd Gen G17 and my thoughts on its visual appeal have changed over the years to enjoying it. Not SS GP100 sexy but I think Gocks are not that bad on the eyes anymore.
Things/people often become more beautiful to us once we get to know them and their personalities. :)

In a way, 114 helped me realize I reached a level over the years, that I achieved what I wanted. I'm not lacking.
I am focused on WWII-2000 milsurps and clones. My surrogate grandfather was a WWII vet and all the men in the neighborhood were Vietnam guys or had some to do with the Cold War or Space Program. I remember all of them sitting around the table talking to my dad. I grew up watching stuff like Baa Baa Black Sheep and Red Dawn. Almost all the books I read today are WWII-Cold War era histories. So that is what I like to shoot.

A couple of times I almost expanded into Cowboy Action stuff and then once I flirted with hunting, but I decided to keep my focus where it is and stick to what I know. I don't have unlimited resources (including time) to get into everything.

If you think Glocks are ugly, you should see the consistent multiple exit wounds they make…..

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top