JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The prices will skyrocket in the local stores because of the lessened competition. Soon will we need not worry about online purchases after let the government buy back our guns.

[QUOTE=" Ever seen what is happening in CA and NY? They are chasing off the people with money at an alarming rate. Really think this is what they "wanted to do"? Chase off the money? Many law makers are experts at failing by deciding to eat the goose that lays those eggs. Sadly it only "works" as the people who vote keep putting the people who killed the goose back in to clean up the mess they made.
[/QUOTE]I am old enough to remember Oregon and Washington being Californiaterd. in the late 1970's I watched Arizona and Nevada being Californiated. Texas is Californiated almost and Idaho is Rapidly being Californiated . It is not a nice thing to say because it will hurt some ones feelings .

My time horizon is fairly long. Pre-dates the internet and gun sales arranged thereon. I think if online assisted sales were to be banned, retail gun dealers would be able to raise prices, for a time. Pre-internet, prices of new guns were closer to or at MSRP. New guns were advertised in publications such as Shotgun News. You could find some reduced prices from distributors there, then if you could find a friendly / cooperative local FFL dealer, you paid him to order it for you. Money up front. He would charge a fee for his services. By the time you were done, you didn't save a whole lot.

But what is the future for retail FFL's? That's unknowable in a hostile legislative environment. Could be regulations of all sorts pertaining to guns just get too onerous for retail dealers. Big stores might be the first to throw in the towel on money-losing compliance. Small dealers might get starved out of business. Limiting or outlawing internet arranged gun sales is just part of the general thrust of the gun-haters.

Some dealers around here are making fair money these days on transfers. Not just internet, but also those now mandated for private transfers.

I'm still thinking that online ("mail order") ammo sales may disappear under current administration. It was outlawed in 1968 with the Gun Control Act; we didn't get it back again until 1986. And I was amazed then that it happened.

California now has the background check requirement for all ammo purchases. Which has a stifling effect on retail and online sales. Everything has to go through a dealer. This might be made a model for federal adoption, or something similar.

The ammo scarcity must be having a negative effect on retail dealers. If they can't get it from suppliers, they don't have it to sell. Yet the rent still rolls around every month to be paid.

It would all but guarantee a price gouging from local gun stores that they are already doing. In Washington state when mandatory background checks were passed. $10-25 checks became 25-70.

It would all but guarantee a price gouging from local gun stores that they are already doing. In Washington state when mandatory background checks were passed. $10-25 checks became 25-70.
We don't like it. BUT: They have to pay their rent. I don't think any of them are getting rich selling guns and ammo. Particularly when they don't have much to sell. If they can't make a go of it, they will close up and then we won't have as many gun dealers around.

We don't like it. BUT: They have to pay their rent. I don't think any of them are getting rich selling guns and ammo. Particularly when they don't have much to sell. If they can't make a go of it, they will close up and then we won't have as many gun dealers around.
We will still have Bimart, well some of us will have Bimart.

So "the moderator" won't allow freedom of opinions? I rarely ever visit this site or many others. Everything is turning nanny and censorship.
Cancel culture is here for good. I think banning of online ammo sales will make it easier for states to collect their sales taxes. I wonder if shipping of ammo will be prohibited or just sales? Could we call in our orders?

I do NOT believe in BANS or ANY TYPE of restrictions on WHERE people can buy their ammunition, their reloading stock if they reload, and/or IF they CHOOSE TO BUY ANY OTHER THING in a store or online.

We support LOCAL stores.

We have not bought factory ammunition online. EVER.

That goes for my late husband, my MT husband and me.

I am NOT knocking people who CHOOSE to buy online when I say this too. So pul___leeze don't get your knickers in a bunch. Thank you!

To each their own and whatever trips your trigger! Grin.

My MT husband has bought a few things online, some time ago, when it came to an ID family business - store - GREAT service as always even after the CT murders, one MT store and a national store. CAST LEAD reloading bullets (ID) and some other small items elsewhere. He 'casts' bullets too.

The Idaho family business - ONLINE store is great but he does not need anything now. He calls or CALLED places. He did not PUNCH HIS ORDER INTO A COMPUTER.

Now, some places ONLY want you to do it via a computer and they GOT RID OF A ORDER TAKER via a TELEPHONE. THEY WILL NOT ACCEPT A PAPER ORDER through the MAIL whether you pay via a check/money order and wait for it to clear before shipping and/or IF you use a CARD with your paper order too.

^^^ Been there - done that and too LONG to repeat now. LOL So they stopped getting my husband's business and other people here in MT quit them too. They were competition shooters and BOUGHT tons from one place.

The MT store and come to think of it - another (!) MT company got too big for their britches.

ONE place ONLY wants to only SERVE peace officers (Maybe ACTIVE military too?) at their place and BEFORE any person could go there in person - pay cash and walk out the door.

So people who helped BUILD that MT company from nothing... can't stop in and BUY from them IN PERSON. NOT for years now but I was there one time when my husband rode down there for a pretty BIG order - $$$!!! I got introduced to some of the people too.

You can ONLY buy/order from them online or BUY some products in a store from them but the stores DO NOT offer a FULL LINE like they USED TO DO EVEN BEFORE THE FAKE/REAL SO CALLED SHORTAGES.

I do NOT think that has changed but I could be wrong. My husband used to stop there, buy for himself, sometimes pick up something for a dealer that he knew at the SAME TIME, pay in cash and say, "Hello!", to all of the regular workers that he KNEW ON A FIRST NAME BASIS too.

MIDWAY does not have any item that he needs or wants and I think (?) that they stopped taking personal checks or money orders but I could be WRONG THERE.

A LONG time ago, I bought some gun books (Elmer Keith and Mas's) from Midway and one other place.

I did get some FREE Cor-Bon ammunition in the late 90's to early 2001 or so too. But it was some sales promo and I knew the late TM from there at the time too. I did not buy the ammo online.

If this BAN garbage happens... some people may have a LGS order for them and the store may or may NOT(!) let them DO THIS and if they can pick it up IN PERSON - buy a case or a smaller amount.

What those extra FEES cost now - I have no clue. I used to follow the STUPIDITY of what they were trying to do and did DO in CA regularly. What a load of manure!

I watched the MESS online and in the news about the NY ammo situation too. How messed up that got and even NY state said it was a cluster you know what.

I read where some men/women joined some type of a AMMO CLUB for a FEE and they would get FREE SHIPPING for over a certain amount of purchase PLUS some sales were good or they got a gift. I do NOT remember all of those company names now for those ONLINE ammo clubs or ONLINE big companies (Mainly in AMMO.) that offered good deals delivered to your door step.

This will screw up other major companies like Cabela's and so forth when it comes to how they ship ammo.

I did know men who bought from them, SW, big, famous ONLINE companies from the south and midwest. ONLINE people that I knew and a few people here in MT may still buy or BOUGHT from them in the past. Friends.

I am AGAINST all bans, restrictions, etc. for ONLINE or in store purchases even if I have never bought ammunition online. My husband agrees with me too.

Cate

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews