JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The local minit mart carried the shotgun news. 30 years ago I'd head down every Wednesday to get my fix.

Suppress-on

Lets see who catches that reference

Sarco seems to have turned more predatory over the years & I'm still pissed about the 3 LPK's they sent me--When assembled, the trigger/hammer were so far off that none of them would even fire/release the hammer
Sarco is scrambling to stay in existence. The cheap import stuff is gone and the easily marketable stuff sold a long time ago. They have a huge overhead to keep going. Sarco is a dinosaur . If Sarco exists in 10 years I will be shocked.

All of the rifles came from (2) 12 gun safes, plus 7 pistols and my ammo locker is pretty much full, there's 500 rounds of 20 gauge not in there..thank god for gun socks

FC2338B9-78E1-483A-B305-7D0C1E4DE523.jpeg IMG_2929.jpg IMG_2934.jpg

Last Edited:
Hey, maybe an on-line ban would revive publications such as Shotgun News. That would be a print ad, not online. Go back to first class mail and telephone calls.
Since I wrote this in January, I have since read that one of the gun control wish lists going around DC would ban commercial sales of firearms at gun shows, online, AND...through classified ads.

Since I wrote this in January, I have since read that one of the gun control wish lists going around DC would ban commercial sales of firearms at gun shows, online, AND...through classified ads.
They can wish for whatever they want but without a filibuster proof majority in the Senate theyre getting squat and they Democrats are probably going to lose the Senate and MAYBE the House next year if Trump stays out of it.

I think those kinds of restrictions will probably not pass muster in the SCOTUS. Requiring universal BGCs and transfers via FFLs would probably pass, but telling people they can't advertise guns for sale? All kinds of problems there.

Problem is ammunition is not mentioned in the 2nd.

Already no lead production in US, gunpowder could be restricted as being able to construct a destructive device.

Death by a thousand cuts.

1519144544961.png

Biden has outlined doing such, and if the Senate falls, we can guarantee that it will happen.

The effects would be devastating to the firearms industry, I believe. Thousands of jobs and millions of dollars lost, overnight. But, the leftists have shown they have no problem with destroying businesses and lives these past few months.

So when this happens, how will it affect you?

Me, I have bought nearly every single firearm the past few years online. Not primarily to save money, but because of availability. There is only one place to buy firearms within 50 miles of me, and it is in Idaho. So when I would drive the 50 miles to the Sportsman's Warehouse, or North 40, or LGS, I would peruse the shelves and not see the firearm I wanted. If I did find one, it was usually $50 more than online. Then I would have to pay for it, then it would have to be shipped to my FFL in Washington where I would have to pay additional WA taxes, pay a transfer fee, and wait for the BGC to clear.

Buying online meant that I shopped from thousands of dealers in a few minutes, clicked on the gun I wanted, paid with a card, and it was shipped to my FFL for usually free. It usually arrived within a week, my FFL started the paperwork, and I would spend an hour at his shop filling out the form, paying the WA tax, and usually buying ammo or some other little item he had, out of courtesy.

I assume that dealers will still be able to buy firearms online from distributors, so perhaps the process will be now calling or stopping by the LGS and ordering whatever gun you want. Basically adding an extra step in the process and likely adding significant cost to the firearm.

For ammunition, I think I've bought a couple of boxes of .450 Bushmaster online, and that's it.

Components for ammunition, however, is a whole different story. If the Dems go after the sale of bullets, powder, and primers, then it will have a devastating affect on a lot of retailers and consumers.

Interested in other's perspectives.
Just a few years back, when I bought a new rimfire, I would test it with as many types of ammo as I could find . And when I found the best ammo I would order a couple cases of the same ammo [ right down to the lot number].
The people who sold target ammo would send you a sample pack of suitable ammo to try, and then I would order from them as large a supply as I could afford.

Since CA outlawed internet sales, I have not bought any ammo at all. But I am comming to the point that I will have to resupply soon.

To order a sample pack of potential ammo requires that I pay a dealer to recieve the samples at a rate of $15 to $20 a package! That would make testing very expensive!
And then another per package fee to recieve cases of ammo.

No one can point to a single crime solved or prevented by doing this! it is done to make firearms ownership as difficult and expensive as possible!

If they are considering this in your state, each of you need to promice each legislator that you will personally knock on every door in their district for their next oponant! And make them beleve it! DR

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top