JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Biden has outlined doing such, and if the Senate falls, we can guarantee that it will happen.

The effects would be devastating to the firearms industry, I believe. Thousands of jobs and millions of dollars lost, overnight. But, the leftists have shown they have no problem with destroying businesses and lives these past few months.

So when this happens, how will it affect you?

Me, I have bought nearly every single firearm the past few years online. Not primarily to save money, but because of availability. There is only one place to buy firearms within 50 miles of me, and it is in Idaho. So when I would drive the 50 miles to the Sportsman's Warehouse, or North 40, or LGS, I would peruse the shelves and not see the firearm I wanted. If I did find one, it was usually $50 more than online. Then I would have to pay for it, then it would have to be shipped to my FFL in Washington where I would have to pay additional WA taxes, pay a transfer fee, and wait for the BGC to clear.

Buying online meant that I shopped from thousands of dealers in a few minutes, clicked on the gun I wanted, paid with a card, and it was shipped to my FFL for usually free. It usually arrived within a week, my FFL started the paperwork, and I would spend an hour at his shop filling out the form, paying the WA tax, and usually buying ammo or some other little item he had, out of courtesy.

I assume that dealers will still be able to buy firearms online from distributors, so perhaps the process will be now calling or stopping by the LGS and ordering whatever gun you want. Basically adding an extra step in the process and likely adding significant cost to the firearm.

For ammunition, I think I've bought a couple of boxes of .450 Bushmaster online, and that's it.

Components for ammunition, however, is a whole different story. If the Dems go after the sale of bullets, powder, and primers, then it will have a devastating affect on a lot of retailers and consumers.

Interested in other's perspectives.

Other than a few parts & accessories over the years bought online I have never purchased a gun online and most likely never will.

Nothing against online purchases but I prefer to see, hold and look at the guns I am buying.

SB 941 was a serious kick in the nards to me as prior to that I bought, sold and traded a LOT of guns but that is over now.

There are still a few guns I am considering however unless I am able to find them locally (within a couple hours) I doubt I will ever have them.

Fortunately I am content with the collection I have and enjoy shooting them - well most that is - regularly!

How would the banning of online sales of firearms/ammunition affect you?

Very badly indeed as I'd say around 99% of all firearms, parts, and ammo, we buy online now and have done so for years. (We do have an 01FFL side business, so that may or may not be a factor, depending on such hypothetical legislation.)

The couple FFLS I go to regularly already encourage you to order through them ,in store, "online ".
I don't know what any proposed laws would do to change this.
There are usually multiple options available, in the counter. Last time I ordered something from brownells that required ffl we got it done inside 2 weeks.

I'd probably spend less money on them. However, like I had mentioned in another thread, I think now may be the time to assess creation of a printed classifieds section, available to paid subscribers.

I do not order online. I support my LGSs.

That being said, the increased market pressure would undoubtedly affect me. To the extent that it will effect us all, but not directly because of my shopping habits.

I ordered my lowers through my FFL but for the other parts I ordered online from various vendors. My FFL ordered a few rifles over the years as well he got a very good wholesale price at the time. My FFL doesn't gouge me for guns either but that was before the pandemic happened. I have not seen my FFL for almost a year now. It would be devastating to me in that the spare parts will not be available anymore and all of those parts manufacturers will be SOL in very short order.

I do not order online. I support my LGSs.
Many types of specialty ammunition and firearms are available only on line.:confused: Retailers can only afford to stock what sells.
These idiots making laws like this have no knowledge of firearms or ammunition. So what is the reasoning for
preventing buying ammo on line? Gun owners stock piling ammo? This will not reduce crime but will reduce number
of crazy gun nuts that own more than say 2 or 3 guns. And who needs more than 50 rounds of ammo?:(

My dad owned a chain of sporting goods/gun shops when I was a kid and was hoping to take over the last store when he retired. But, he said there was no money in it due to Walmart and online sales, so he sold the last store 14 years ago. Broke my heart.

I've been tempted to open up a new one in my area on the Idaho side of the border. Might have to look into it further. Tough to do now when there just isn't anything to sell available.

We're living with no on-line ammo sales in Kommifornia right now as the lawsuit to fight it winds it's ways through the courts. It absolutely sucks. To be clear, ammo purchases must go through a background check by an FFL. So you can still order ammo on line if you have it delivered to an FFL.

The really good FFL's are allowing you to have your ammo shipped to them and can pick it up for free...as long as you're quick about it...But there aren't many doing that.

The good news is the initial findings of the court case (Rhode vs Becerra) have found favorably that the law is unconstitutional. It is, of course, being challenged and nothing happens quickly with the courts. But it's good that there is already a case in the works on this, as we're that much further down the legal road if Biden does decide to do this.

Btw...the decision was written by Judge Benitez and is well worth a read if you have the time. His 2A decisions are usually pretty colorful and don't pull any punches with regards to the absurdity of these laws.

Lastly, one way around this is by obtaining your Type 03 FFL + COE. This is the Collectors and Relics FFL. But it allows you to have ammo shipped to your door...assuming the merchant is willing to do this (some are and some aren't). It's relatively easy to obtain but obviously takes a little time and there is, of course, some fees associated with it.

It goes without saying that we do NOT want this to happen on the national level so be prepared to fight it if Biden pushes it.

WOLVERINES!

What was the name of those stores?
Husky Sport Shop. One in Orofino, ID, Lewiston, ID, and Moscow, ID.

YQ_HPHJRQz-dOJ9C55zM6Q.jpg

Details of any such action are unknowable at this time. But in just about any form one can imagine, it would be restrictive. I'm old and have health issues so I won't be buying any more guns. SALES is the operative word. Which means that it could make it tough for people to move guns along once they wanted to sell them. Locking down liquidity of firearms has the effect of restricting a gun owner's wealth. A good example is Wash. semi-auto rifle restrictions. Worse example, California's. Not good. I've been in disposal mode for well over a year. I started out with something over 80 guns; now I'm down to 30 and still not done. I'm glad I got an early start on it. My aim is to prevent my wife from having to deal with it.

I purchased all of my firearms through local firearm shops. I also purchased most of my handgun and shotgun ammo at these same shops.

However, up until recently I was going through lots of 5.56/.223 and found that buying this ammo online to be a good value as I could order thousands of rounds at a time when a sale on desirable brands would occur.

My biggest concern is that this will further reinforce panic buying creating chaos at the local shops. If a rule like this goes into effect during the pandemic it'll make things even worse. It's hard enough to get into a firearm shop as it is, there's always a line.

Fortunately I have enough ammo to do whatever I need to do. I'll just need to wait and see how it plays out and reduce my practicing for a while.

If courts are ruling that sex offenders can't be prohibited from using the internet when their crimes were internet related, because the internet is how the world works, it would seem that would apply to any activity that is frequently completed over the internet.

Then, there's the interstate commerce clause if the states try something. Let's hope the senate doesn't swing.

Hey, maybe an on-line ban would revive publications such as Shotgun News. That would be a print ad, not online. Go back to first class mail and telephone calls.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top