JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Many would ask: Isn't the second amendment also a legal option? Isn't the Constitution and bill of rights the foundation for the rest of our legal system?

Support organizations that help in this fight. But we should also never lose sight that the opposition doesn't care about laws or rules that are in their way. In the big game the opposition cheats, plays dirty, and has no sense of fair play. To make matters worse the referees (judges) have been bribed, and our coaches (representatives) have been paid to throw the game. And all the while we just sit on the bench, or at best, complain to these corrupt referees and coaches...hoping for a fair game. Maybe this is a case where we need to take our ball to a different playground.
Just running away ( take our ball to a different playground) is just stepping out of their way, its backing down and saying "they are to strong, to determined, they're gonna win anyways."

And the problem with that is eventually your problems follow you to the "new playground"

Look at Texas, Georgia, Arizona. All are being overran with liberals (or at least left leaning conservatives, that don't realize how left they are due to conditioning).

If you think there's not enough transplant to matter look at the last presidential election, look at some of the states Biden won, or almost won.

Running from the bully on the playground only emboldens them, and other bullies like them, and let's them set the president for whats normal, and whats acceptable, and what we'll eat them get away with.

Running will only delay the inevitable. You gotta draw a line in the sand somewhere.

"You cannot run away from weakness; you must some time fight it out or perish; and if that be so, why not now, and where you stand?"

Just running away ( take our ball to a different playground) is just stepping out of their way, its backing down and saying "they are to strong, to determined, they're gonna win anyways."

And the problem with that is eventually your problems follow you to the "new playground"

Look at Texas, Georgia, Arizona. All are being overran with liberals (or at least left leaning conservatives, that don't realize how left they are due to conditioning).

If you think there's not enough transplant to matter look at the last presidential election, look at some of the states Biden won, or almost won.

Running from the bully on the playground only emboldens them, and other bullies like them, and let's them set the president for whats normal, and whats acceptable, and what we'll eat them get away with.

Running will only delay the inevitable. You gotta draw a line in the sand somewhere.

"You cannot run away from weakness; you must some time fight it out or perish; and if that be so, why not now, and where you stand?"
I think you misunderstood my meaning. Playing a crooked game on their terms and by their rules with one hand tied behind our backs will never result in our victory. We will either die a death of a thousand cuts, or by playing equally dirty, become them. If they don't want to play by the rules then we need to change the rules and make them play on our home court advantage. Perhaps by taking a page from our founding documents like the Declaration of Independence. Our founding fathers were presented with a similar choice. Play by the crown's edicts that did not follow justice, or declare independence (change the playground).

Last Edited:
I've also never been able to figure out why a pistol grip adjustable stock or flash hider make a semiautomatic rifle any more deadly than a firearm without those things. Glad I kept the OEM stock for my PC 9.

Most of the offending features are carry overs from the M16 design where they do add stability and controllability to a full-auto weapon. They serve no real purpose on an AR except to maybe make it a little more ergonomic. The whiners don't understand this. They are going by appearances only. If it looks dangerous it scares them and they want it outlawed. Which state in the Northeast was the last to try this? I don't remember which one it was, but I do remember they got very little compliance when it came to registration.

IP 18 will extend to your part collection as well. This part of the law will classify certain parts as a "Semiautomatic Assault Firearm"

A part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert a rifle into a semiautomatic assault firearm, or that can be assembled into a semiautomatic assault firearm listed above;

Some easy to identify examples of parts that would be banned or be required to be registered would be threaded barrels for a semi-auto pistols, gas system parts, pistol chassis (like Micro-Roni). What other parts do you think would be banned if IP18 becomes law? Do you think Oregon will end up being subject to mass blanket bans from firearm parts suppliers since they will have a difficult time determining what is legal and what is not?

Last Edited:
IP 18 will extend to your part collection as well. This part of the law will classify certain parts as a "Semiautomatic Assault Firearm"

A part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert a rifle into a semiautomatic assault firearm, or that can be assembled into a semiautomatic assault firearm listed above;

Some easy to identify examples of parts that would be banned or be required to be registered would be threaded barrels for a semi-auto pistols, gas system parts, pistol chassis (like Micro-Roni). What other parts do you think would be banned if IP18 becomes law? Do you think Oregon end up being subject to mass blanket bans from firearm parts suppliers since they will have a difficult time determining what is legal and what is not?
Uppers
Upper receivers
Bolts
Triggers
Barrel shrouds (shrouds is skeery stuff they use with dead bodies)
Telescoping stocks (telescoping sounds like skeery tactikal gear)
Muzzle devices
Threaded barrels
Gas blocks
Pistol grips
probably more.

The burden will be placed on you to prove the law does not apply. West Coast Authoritarianism and Tyranny will NOT stop with firearms. Keep your papers handy!

Uppers
Upper receivers
Bolts
Triggers
Barrel shrouds (shrouds is skeery stuff they use with dead bodies)
Telescoping stocks (telescoping sounds like skeery tactikal gear)
Muzzle devices
Threaded barrels
Gas blocks
Pistol grips
probably more.

The burden will be placed on you to prove the law does not apply. West Coast Authoritarianism and Tyranny will NOT stop with firearms. Keep your papers handy!
It is very ambiguous the way it is written. I have a feeling many retailers are going to add Oregon to the list of places they don't want to bother dealing with.

A big question I have is, will OSP set up their forms so that Oregonians can register the banned parts they already possess, including magazines. Since most parts don't have serial numbers, that might create problems for their registry. OSP is suppose to produce a registration form before the laws effective date. But they probably won't address it before the November election.

ECTION 6. (1) The department shall create and make available a form for registration of semiautomatic assault firearms
owned before the effective date of this 2022 Act.
(2) The department shall maintain the registry of the semiautomatic assault firearm registration information required to
be submitted and shall adopt rules concerning the administration of the registry, as necessary, including but not limited to
updating the registry to reflect the following:
(a) A report by the owner that the registered semiautomatic assault firearm is no longer in the owner's possession due to
a transfer authorized under section 4 of this 2022 Act
(b) A report that the weapon has been destroyed, lost or stolen; and
(c) A determination that the registered owner is or has become disqualified under ORS 166.250 from possessing a firearm.
(3)The department may also promulgate rules related to reporting the information described in subsection (2) of this
section, including timeliness of such reports and other related matters.
(4) The record of the information collected for registration under this section shall be maintained permanently by the
department and may be disclosed as necessary to other agencies as permitted under Oregon law, but is exempt from public
disclosure as provided under the public records law.

Last Edited:
Did they define what an "assault weapon" is in all of that hot air?

I suppose I would take their ramblings more seriously if I did not already have the guns that I currently do own.

Thank you for the info.

So it seems no one seems to know oregon law

1. Initiative Petition needs atleast 1000 signatures to get a title and the title needs to approved by the AG. YES IP17 and IP18 had 2000 so they could

2. They need 8% of the number of people who voted during the last governor election to have their IP on the ballot.

THAT IS 1.4 MILLON SIGNATURES.

No way will they get 1.4 million signatures so stop getting your panties tied into knots

It is very ambiguous the way it is written. I have a feeling many retailers are going to add Oregon to the list of places they don't want to bother dealing with.

A big question I have is, will OSP set up their forms so that Oregonians can register the banned parts they already possess, including magazines. Since most parts don't have serial numbers that might create problems for their registry. OSP is suppose to produce a registration form before the law effective date. But they probably won't address it before the November election.

ECTION 6. (1) The department shall create and make available a form for registration of semiautomatic assault firearms
owned before the effective date of this 2022 Act.
(2) The department shall maintain the registry of the semiautomatic assault firearm registration information required to
be submitted and shall adopt rules concerning the administration of the registry, as necessary, including but not limited to
updating the registry to reflect the following:
(a) A report by the owner that the registered semiautomatic assault firearm is no longer in the owner's possession due to
a transfer authorized under section 4 of this 2022 Act
(b) A report that the weapon has been destroyed, lost or stolen; and
(c) A determination that the registered owner is or has become disqualified under ORS 166.250 from possessing a firearm.
(3)The department may also promulgate rules related to reporting the information described in subsection (2) of this
section, including timeliness of such reports and other related matters.
(4) The record of the information collected for registration under this section shall be maintained permanently by the
department and may be disclosed as necessary to other agencies as permitted under Oregon law, but is exempt from public
disclosure as provided under the public records law.
Good question. I myself am not going to comply because I won't be here. If I need to I will store non-compliant firearms out of state until I can leave, because I won't endanger my ability to purchase or own firearms. I refuse to register an f'ing thing so they can tax and confiscate it later.

1. Initiative Petition needs atleast 1000 signatures to get a title and the title needs to approved by the AG. YES IP17 and IP18 had 2000 so they could

2. They need 8% of the number of people who voted during the last governor election to have their IP on the ballot.

No way will they get 1.4 million signatures so stop getting your panties tied into knots
Sorry but I am calling you on the 1.4 million number.

They have tons of funding, a compliant PR machine AKA all the news outlets, are willing to do anything, and face no consequences if they get caught forging signatures.

The Supreme Court's decision opens the door for LEVO to begin collecting signatures to qualify for placement on the 2022 ballot. They need 112,020 valid signatures of registered voters by July 8, 2022. LEVO will rely on thousands of volunteers throughout the state to circulate the signature pages, as well as a link on their webpage

Sorry but I am calling you on the 1.4 million number.
math-is-hard-mmkay.jpg

The number of valid signatures required to qualify an initiative for the ballot is based on a percentage of the total votes cast for governor at the last election:

• For a constitutional initiative, 8% of valid signatures is required.
  • 4% (74,680) of valid signatures
So... they'll need roughly 150,000 signatures.
Not 1.4 million. They have a very, very good chance at getting that many.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top