JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This question has come up with regard to NFA trust and as I understand it the answer is yes, but if the intent is to facilitate or conceal what amounts to a straw purchase so a prohibited person can have "legal" access to the firearms the trust isn't going protect you and will likely add a conspiracy charge should it come to that

This question has come up with regard to NFA trust and as I understand it the answer is yes, but if the intent is to facilitate or conceal what amounts to a straw purchase so a prohibited person can have "legal" access to the firearms the trust isn't going protect you and will likely add a conspiracy charge should it come to that
I have not found any exemptions for trusts in Oregon's transfer requirements. How does a trust get around Oregon transfer requirements?

I have not found any exemptions for trusts in Oregon's transfer requirements. How does a trust get around Oregon transfer requirements?
You are correct, it doesn't, but if you go down that rabbit hole far enough you run into folks that believe some obscure rule or the gold fringe on the flag or something allows them to just add whoever they want to the trust without the BGC if they time it just right. I was in no way suggesting that I thought you or anyone else on here would do such a thing, and I probably should have fleshed that reply out a bit more, but I'm enjoying my twice weekly tequila, so . . . :s0092:

If one person starts the trust, adds all the NFA items and doesnt add anything else, THEN adds people to the trust, the added people don't need to be fingerprinted.

BUT if you have a trust with multiple people, and add even 1 NFA item, then EVERYONE has to go thru the whole NFA process.

edit: saw this was specific to Oregon and it's FICS bs.
Ya, the state follows that the 4473 is just a possession permission papers vs the feds view it as ownership papers.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top